Who's next to be jettisoned?

Big T

Okay now that J.A. is gone, and we have increased our draft capitol into the next few years,

and Joe Douglas having a penchant for drafting back and picking up additional draft picks.

Lets look forward to what could transpire, namely that Bell could be wearing another uniform by the middle of the season.

Provided there is an NFL Season!

Trading Bell makes all the sense in the world (provided the Jets are a 500 team).

They would free up some 10 million in cap space, an additional 5 million if they release Winters this year.

From what I understand 9 million will come off the books because of the Jamal Adams trade.

I can see the Jets resigning Maye as his numbers will be reasonable, and I don't think drafting Ashton Davis was a fluke BPA pick.

I believe the Davis pick (the Swiss army knife of Safeties ) was a calculated pick as he can do so many things, making the J.A. trade palatable for Jets fans.

So who do you see being traded? Could the Jets give Clowney a one year prove it deal if the Jets think they might make the playoffs.

Either way, I see the Jets trading or cutting Bell by next year at the latest, ridding themselves of all the left over regime players.

At the moment, Bell is saying all the right things.  Unless he face-plants again, whether it is his fault or not, the Jets may move on after the season via trade or just out right release.  Unless another malcontent in the locker room rears his ugly head, I do not foresee anymore trades in the short term future as JF4L51 states.

Joe D has no penchants, this was his first draft.

I don't see us trading Bell; we wouldn't get a good return for him and he's been proving to be a sound leader.

I can see us picking up Clowney with mitigate the loss of Adams, but it would have to be a good offer.

As for guys out the door, it depends on this season. If Mosley is sidelined for another year, expect us to cut ties. Otherwise, this might be Williamsons last year with us. We have too much invested in ILB to keep both after this year.

Bell makes sense to trade because of his contract. But I like his leadership. I don’t think we can get much for him. So, I would just keep him. We can get out from under his contract next year if we need to.

Really, there’s nobody I think should be traded. All the guys on the team are solid locker room guys. I can’t think of any player I’m like “addition by subtraction”. The locker room seems pretty cleansed at this point.

Just now, SDotNova said:

Bell makes sense to trade because of his contract. But I like his leadership. I don’t think we can get much for him. So, I would just keep him. We can get out from under his contract next year if we need to.

Really, there’s nobody I think should be traded. All the guys on the team are solid locker room guys. I can’t think of any player I’m like “addition by subtraction”. The locker room seems pretty cleansed at this point.

We don't need to shed cap and his contract is where we can cut him easily after this season. So he's going nowhere. He's actually very essential this season for Darnold. Want your FF advice for the season and that will be to draft him in Round 2. Better OL, another year under Gase's system as well as a better Darnold... should mean 1st Round production from him. 

I think we aren't trading anyone. If anything we trade for someone.