Tre White opts in for 2020

Trentwannabe

Stefon Diggs was super critical about a season being played this year about a month ago so I am glad he stuck with it and he seems to be very interested to play in Buffalo. They restructured his contract to reduce a little cap but give him some more guaranteed money. He did mention when the time comes he hopes to get a contract extension but he is focused of playing football and that will come. I hope he sticks with it as I was concerned about him not getting enough balls he will complain. 

Anyways I am just glad that majority of the Bills players were committed to playing this year without opting out as it could have been mush worse. Lets just hope everyone stays healthy no new COVID cases and see how the bills team fairs this year.  Ej Gaines who was on the roster bubble and Star who was likely to see less snaps and be let go next offseason are the only 2 that opted out.

3 hours ago, soflbillsfan said:

Stefon Diggs was super critical about a season being played this year about a month ago so I am glad he stuck with it and he seems to be very interested to play in Buffalo. They restructured his contract to reduce a little cap but give him some more guaranteed money. He did mention when the time comes he hopes to get a contract extension but he is focused of playing football and that will come. I hope he sticks with it as I was concerned about him not getting enough balls he will complain. 

I don't think we should force feed him the ball but I do hope Daboll plans the offense around Diggs being the vocal point of the passing game. An offense I could see them trying to emulate is Atlanta. 

2019 stats:
Julio Jones 157 targets
Calvin Ridley 93 targets
Mohamed Sanu 42 targets

Austin Hooper 97 Targets

Projected Bills 2020 stats:
Stefon Diggs 130 targets 
John Brown 95
Cole Beasley 80

Dawson Knox 85

That leaves (In my projections) 122 targets to go towards our backs, WR4/5 and TE2/3. 

While I wouldn't go out of my way to belittle Tredavious I wouldn't agree with his decision. Its not like people working at grocery stores stocking the toilet paper everyone was hording could just opt out. Its not like the nurses and doctors who was trying to keep the hospitals running during a pandemic could just opt out. Its a job... do your job. If you are concerned with your family just stay away from them and quarantine from them for one season. NFL players should feel lucky they only have to work for less than half a year while the vast majority population has to go out and work every single day and put their health at risk. Im just tired of athletes and their entitled attitude complaining about going to work when everyone else has to as well. That being said im glad Tredavious is playing but he didnt need to create this drama over nothing... why say anything. Just make your decision. No need to call out people... people are allowed to have differing opinions. 

23 hours ago, Kmart128 said:

While I wouldn't go out of my way to belittle Tredavious I wouldn't agree with his decision. Its not like people working at grocery stores stocking the toilet paper everyone was hording could just opt out. Its not like the nurses and doctors who was trying to keep the hospitals running during a pandemic could just opt out. Its a job... do your job. If you are concerned with your family just stay away from them and quarantine from them for one season. NFL players should feel lucky they only have to work for less than half a year while the vast majority population has to go out and work every single day and put their health at risk. Im just tired of athletes and their entitled attitude complaining about going to work when everyone else has to as well. That being said im glad Tredavious is playing but he didnt need to create this drama over nothing... why say anything. Just make your decision. No need to call out people... people are allowed to have differing opinions. 

If you can't you see the difference between someone who works at a grocery store a professional athlete then I don't know what to tell you. There is a reason one is a minimum wage paying position and the other is for a select few. And for your information, Dr's, nurses, PSW, dietary aids etc, all absolutely can opt of of their jobs. I literally work for a firm that hires these professionals and countless of them decided to quit and stay home with their families during the pandemic. I guarantee they'll all get jobs when they decide to go back. Not that, that is even the point. In that profession they sign up for that work. Hospital workers and first responders don't have the same "rights" so to speak because they take on a reasonable risk. 

Are you really that ignorant to think NFL players work half a year? They not only worked their whole childhood and teenage years to reach college but then to maintain that level of competitiveness they certainly put in more than 6 months of work a year. That is just ridiculous. 

Tre didn't create any drama. He was asked a question in an interview while at work. He answered it honestly and then people jumped down his throat because god forbid he take care of his family and two young kids. Quit complaining about athletes just because you couldn't reach that level and be mad at the NFL for agreeing to this opt out clause, or better yet, try and negotiate it with your boss for next time. 

I mean in any kind of normal, moral, sane society you furlough all but the most actively essential employees, bouy them financially for the duration of the pandemic to keep the economy afloat and people stable, and boost the pay and necessity of necessary jobs so that they can continue to function during a public health crisis while emphasizing their importance to the continued function of society.

But since we're incapable of treating a public health crisis like a public health crisis and capital gonna capital, we get this insane system where people are forced to choose to work or get nothing.

Tre has two incredibly young children, if he wanted to opt out that's absolutely the right decision because it's his decision and his families health matters more than money.

• Like 1

On 8/7/2020 at 1:04 PM, Trentwannabe said:

I don't think we should force feed him the ball but I do hope Daboll plans the offense around Diggs being the vocal point of the passing game. An offense I could see them trying to emulate is Atlanta. 

2019 stats:
Julio Jones 157 targets
Calvin Ridley 93 targets
Mohamed Sanu 42 targets

Austin Hooper 97 Targets

Projected Bills 2020 stats:
Stefon Diggs 130 targets 
John Brown 95
Cole Beasley 80

Dawson Knox 85

That leaves (In my projections) 122 targets to go towards our backs, WR4/5 and TE2/3. 

I get what you are trying to say but it is difficult to compare the bills offense to Atlanta. Matt Ryan has always averaged in the 500 in passing attempts and even at times in the 600 attempts. Josh Allen while still young I still dont think he is that capable of throwing so much to be able to target these guys so much. You are projecting him to throw over 500 times to me I think that is a lot for him. My concern last year to trade for diggs mid season was because he was some what critical about him being there and they counted on the run in Minny. I think that is the case here in Buffalo where we are designed to run more then throw and maybe that will change with the top 3 WR being much better then 2019, 2018, and 2017. I just want to make sure that this guy is happy and wants to be here because they have something going for them on being a contender for once. I think this is the most confident I have been on them being a contender for over 20 years now. Any negativity could cause turmoil to where they falter and blow the season. Also giving up that much to get him pretty much means they have to be invested in him and to count on him to get the ball

Edited by soflbillsfan

2 hours ago, soflbillsfan said:

I get what you are trying to say but it is difficult to compare the bills offense to Atlanta. Matt Ryan has always averaged in the 500 in passing attempts and even at times in the 600 attempts. Josh Allen while still young I still dont think he is that capable of throwing so much to be able to target these guys so much. You are projecting him to throw over 500 times to me I think that is a lot for him. My concern last year to trade for diggs mid season was because he was some what critical about him being there and they counted on the run in Minny. I think that is the case here in Buffalo where we are designed to run more then throw and maybe that will change with the top 3 WR being much better then 2019, 2018, and 2017. I just want to make sure that this guy is happy and wants to be here because they have something going for them on being a contender for once. I think this is the most confident I have been on them being a contender for over 20 years now. Any negativity could cause turmoil to where they falter and blow the season. Also giving up that much to get him pretty much means they have to be invested in him and to count on him to get the ball

I am probably being a little liberal with his pass attempts but even at the 512 I have, that would have placed him 15th in the league in attempts last season. When I broke it down to 32 a game and just 8 passes a quarter it didn't seem to unreasonable lol. 

Diggs is a dog. He'll be happy when were winning and he's getting the ball. We may be a run first team but Minnesota was even more so. Wouldn't bother me to see him get his 130+ targets a year at the cost of seeing less Brown/Beasley as long as we're winning.

4 hours ago, Trentwannabe said:

I am probably being a little liberal with his pass attempts but even at the 512 I have, that would have placed him 15th in the league in attempts last season. When I broke it down to 32 a game and just 8 passes a quarter it didn't seem to unreasonable lol. 

Diggs is a dog. He'll be happy when were winning and he's getting the ball. We may be a run first team but Minnesota was even more so. Wouldn't bother me to see him get his 130+ targets a year at the cost of seeing less Brown/Beasley as long as we're winning.

Definitely winning is all that matters but I just struggle to see Allen pass that much.  I hope i am wrong and they do sling the ball more then they have in the past I guess it has been such a heavy run first team for a long time now that it is hard to imagine a pass first squad. I mean when was the last time they had a player throw the ball so fitzpatrick  2 seasons and then Bledsoe 2 seasons? as crazy as it sounds Allen's 461 ranked 12th most attempts in a season in bills history that is awful thinking about it considering the last 20 years has been a qb driven league. Bledsoe Ferguson and Fitzpatrick are the only qbs to have thrown for over 500 attempts in a season in bills history. To me that is nuts as it is only been done 4 times total. While a ton of QBs have done it in the last 5 years consistently

14 hours ago, soflbillsfan said:

Definitely winning is all that matters but I just struggle to see Allen pass that much.  I hope i am wrong and they do sling the ball more then they have in the past I guess it has been such a heavy run first team for a long time now that it is hard to imagine a pass first squad. I mean when was the last time they had a player throw the ball so fitzpatrick  2 seasons and then Bledsoe 2 seasons? as crazy as it sounds Allen's 461 ranked 12th most attempts in a season in bills history that is awful thinking about it considering the last 20 years has been a qb driven league. Bledsoe Ferguson and Fitzpatrick are the only qbs to have thrown for over 500 attempts in a season in bills history. To me that is nuts as it is only been done 4 times total. While a ton of QBs have done it in the last 5 years consistently

Those are some pretty sad numbers. I hate when national media blames the weather on Buffalo being a run first team. They act like that game against Indy in 2017 is the norm here.

Having McDermott as HC likely means we continue to not being an overly aggressive team on offense but if the playoff loss taught me anything, it is that this team needs to learn to smell blood in the water.