Week 1 GDT: Jacksonville Jaguars vs. Indianapolis Colts - Stache v Lawrence

.Buzz

2 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Our run defense is going to miserable. I feel like with their OL and new RB in Taylor they could run for 250 on us

I don't have any reason to think our run D will be worse than last year with the guys off the street at LB and the guys we trotted out on the interior/Ngakoue at this time. 

Taylor hasn't taken a snap in the NFL...how can you just assume he's a lock to be good?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

I don't have any reason to think our run D will be worse than last year with the guys off the street at LB and the guys we trotted out on the interior/Ngakoue at this time. 

Taylor hasn't taken a snap in the NFL...how can you just assume he's a lock to be good?

Because his OL is elite and our run D isnt even average. Marlon Mack put up numbers on us last year and he's not that good. I think Taylor is better

3 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Because his OL is elite and our run D isnt even average. Marlon Mack put up numbers on us last year and he's not that good. I think Taylor is better

We literally played Indy last year multiple times...I know how good their OL is.

I never said our run D will win, I said I have no reason to assume it's worse. We trotted out no name LBs and guys who I think are largely worse than what we have now on the interior besides Calais who would kick inside at times. We literally had a historically bad run defense a year ago. So yes, I think having Scho inside who will make sure guys get lined up and having Myles back at weak roaming like he does well will improve things. 

Marlon Mack is a good NFL RB. I guess if you want to crown a guy prior to even taking a snap as being that or better than go ahead. I'm not.

1 minute ago, .Buzz said:

We literally played Indy last year multiple times...I know how good their OL is.

I never said our run D will win, I said I have no reason to assume it's worse. We trotted out no name LBs and guys who I think are largely worse than what we have now on the interior besides Calais who would kick inside at times. 

Marlon Mack is a good NFL RB. I guess if you want to crown a guy prior to even taking a snap as being that or better than go ahead. I'm not.

I'm not saying Taylor gets the 250, him and Mack combined could. Its not a major leap that Taylor has a really good game though.

Edited by JaguarCrazy2832

A lot of our defensive issues were lacking of talent last year yes, but it also had a lot to do with missing assignments and not being lined up properly. I expect that to be a lot less common with a guy like Scho, regardless of how ehh the talent is across the D.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, .Buzz said:

A lot of our defensive issues were lacking of talent last year yes, but it also had a lot to do with missing assignments and not being lined up properly. I expect that to be a lot less common with a guy like Scho.

I hope you're right that those were the biggest issues and they will be fixed but I just dont love the fact that their strength plays very well vs our biggest weakness

1 hour ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I hope you're right that those were the biggest issues and they will be fixed but I just dont love the fact that their strength plays very well vs our biggest weakness

Like I said, we're going to be bad. They probably will have a field day. I'm just saying that last year was filled with blown assignments to go with the lack of talent in those key areas you speak of. The one area outside of WR that we definitely improved at unequivocally was LB. Talent wise/fit (Jack back to WLB), but also having someone who is a proven leader and excels at making sure people are lined up correctly.

Reason to believe it won't be as bad as last year pending injuries.

In Chark's presser he pretty much constantly mentioned Viska in regards to having more talent that will take advantage of teams if they put too much attention on him...unlike what happened last year.

This offense has a chance to be a lot of fun with Gruden running the show. Lot of young/unproven guys, but man:

Chark, Viska, Cole (the good Cole), Eifert, JOS (the JOS we watched prior to the ACL last year), Robinson, Thompson, Collin Johnson, etc. Lot for explosion/different body types. We'll see if they live up to it, but this offense has a chance to be explosive if Minshew lives up to the hype/takes that step.