41 members have voted

1. 1. What range?

• top 15
    • 15-20
    • 21-30
    • 31-40
    • 40+

7 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

He won't get near HOF, but I find it strange that no one is willing to give him any credit for performances like 8 catches for 179 yards. And you can't say this time that it's because of Brady. I don't get that.

I turn 50 today, and that was one of the toughest performances I’ve ever seen. I kept thinking “he’s done” after every catch.  

It’s so much fun watching Cam play for a competent organization and be 100% healthy finally. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Toomers said:

I turn 50 today, and that was one of the toughest performances I’ve ever seen. I kept thinking “he’s done” after every catch.  

It’s so much fun watching Cam play for a competent organization and be 100% healthy finally. 

Happy Birthday for yesterday!

This is a tough one, right now I'm not so sure how to rank him. I mean he's kind of a system receiver in that he fits a specific role in a system and does that very, very well. For a Westcoast type team that values a slot receiver highly and uses them as the bread and butter of the pass game then I'd say around #20 maybe. Not many slot receivers I can think of would be ranked above him.

Guys that can excell on the outside and go deep spectacularly will always be cherished more but Edelman always seems to produce when he has to and is probably one of the most consistent, toughest receivers around. I certainly don't think he's a product of Brady but he did benefit from playing with Brady. I think with teams like the Raiders, 49ers and Pats he'd excell but maybe not so much with say, the Chiefs where his skills wouldnt be used quite so much and he'd be a supplementary part of the pass offence rather than the focul point.

Hall of very good I feel as he's produced big in big moments like the SB but just doesn't have the bulk stats or reputation of the best outside guys.

• Like 1

He’s basically the NE version of Roger Craig minus Craig’s one amazing season. He’s really the weapon that is the engine for an elite offense but he’s not going to have the numbers of the elite receivers because that’s not his game and it’s not what helps his team win. 

Brady could win in 2016 without Gronk and with a washed Gronk in 2018. But he always needed Edelman to create opportunities and be a safety valve 

• Like 1