College Football and Draft Discussion 2024

candyman93

27 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

With how recruiting is, you can’t do that. Recruiting is heavily influenced by the perception of your program. If recruits start thinking “these guys can only beat Purdue / Northwestern” they’ll look elsewhere.

NFL comparison- Imagine whiffing on some draft classes because you kept a bad GM.

Sure you cant do that, but his other 4 years he had the two best QBs I've ever seen wear Scarlet and Grey.

And yes, good GMs whiff literally all the time and firing them over one bad class would be retarded. 

28 minutes ago, roger murdock said:

I think some of you need to accept that Michigan isnt the joke team it was from 2007 - 2017 anymore 

And I think you need to accept that they were that joke in large part because of OSU beating their brains in 17 of 19 years.

JJ McCarthy wanted to go to OSU and Ryan day didn’t want him. FACT.

33 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

And I think you need to accept that they were that joke in large part because of OSU beating their brains in 17 of 19 years.

We play them the last game of the season

Ohio State isnt the difference between Michigan being 11-0 or 3-8 at the time of the matchup. 

Michigan was on average a 7-4 team at the time of the matchup over the previous 14 season's pre loss streak. They have been 32-1 at the time of the matchup over the last 3 years. 

20 minutes ago, roger murdock said:

We play them the last game of the season

Ohio State isnt the difference between Michigan being 11-0 or 3-8 at the time of the matchup. 

Michigan was on average a 7-4 team at the time of the matchup over the previous 14 season's pre loss streak. They have been 32-1 at the time of the matchup over the last 3 years. 

You’re missing the point. When you kick a teams teeth in for years it’s impacts losing recruits.

Charles Woodson and Desmond Howard are OHIO HS guys who never leave the state in the early to mid 2000s.

So yeah, losing those recruits because of losing The Game directly factors into the win and loss records.

It’s eerily similar to the late 90s Cooper teams that were 8-4 caliber…that’s my exact point.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

You’re missing the point. When you kick a teams teeth in for years it’s impacts losing recruits.

Charles Woodson and Desmond Howard are OHIO HS guys who never leave the state in the early to mid 2000s.

So yeah, losing those recruits because of losing The Game directly factors into the win and loss records.

It’s eerily similar to the late 90s Cooper teams that were 8-4 caliber…that’s my exact point.

But your point is wrong and you are arriving at your point based on the results of the game and forming a narrative around something that isnt true to justify how you feel

Rivals recruiting ranking by year under Harbaugh..... 

• 2024: 14th (12-0)
  • 2023: 18th (13-1)
  • 2022: 9th (12-2)
  • 2021: 10th (2-4)
  • 2020: 11th (9-4)
  • 2019: 10th (10-3)
  • 2018: 11th (8-5)
  • 2017: 4th (10-3)
  • 2016: 4th (10-3)

If anything, there's an inverse correlation between their recruiting classes and their prior year records. Their two worst recruiting classes have been after beating OSU. The core of their team is third year players recruited during a 2-4 season. 

I understand you are upset over the loss and a frustrating season but you are thinking emotionally and with clouded judgement. 

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

Are you taking JJ over Ewers coming out of HS? Day had the commitment from the #1 overall QB. Ewers kinda screwed everything up when he reclassified. If he doesn’t, he comes in sits a year behind Stroud and should have been the QB this season, not McCord

3 minutes ago, roger murdock said:

I understand you are upset over the loss and a frustrating season but you are thinking emotionally and with clouded judgement. 

I can assure you that I don’t care half as much as others. I didn’t factor into winning or losing the game. You know what’s hard? Having to look one of your best friends in the eyes because he was run out of town after a decade by parents and others in the community because down the stretch you didn’t win enough.

I was over the loss within 30 minutes yesterday.

In all fairness, by your own admission you have zero context of college football history and essentially disregard anything JT ever did, which is comical considering 2002 Miami was easily one of the greatest teams in literal history and he beat them.

But yeah, didn’t beat USC in that regular season game on the road as heavy underdogs though.

33 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Woodson said he was never an OSU fan and was a Michigan fan from the jump cause of his brother. 

I never heard the reasons behind why Howard picked Michigan. At the time before he went, the two programs just split the previous 8 games winning 4 a piece. If you were des would you have gone to OSU with a 1st year coach who was a disappointment or go play for Bo who was doing well?

1 minute ago, buno67 said:

At the time before he went, the two programs just split the previous 8 games winning 4 a piece. If you were des would you have gone to OSU with a 1st year coach who was a disappointment or go play for Bo who was doing well

Re-read this and you tell me if you are proving my point or not.

5 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Re-read this and you tell me if you are proving my point or not.

You said the direct reflection of the game results is why they lost Howard. Before Howard committed to Michigan the previous 8 games were split 4-4, so who could it have been the game’s result that swayed Howard?

Earl Bruce was fired before his last Michigan game, which he won. So the Michigan game wasn’t the reason he was fired. If Earl Bruce was still the HC they probably land Howard but you have a 1st yr Cooper or Bo, who you playing for? Earl Bruce never gets fired if it wasn’t for that Chris Carter NCAA drama

1 minute ago, buno67 said:

You said the direct reflection of the game results is why they lost Howard. Before Howard committed to Michigan the previous 8 games were split 4-4, so who could it have been the game’s result that swayed Howard?

Earl Bruce was fired before his last Michigan game, which he won. So the Michigan game wasn’t the reason he was fired. If Earl Bruce was still the HC they probably land Howard but you have a 1st yr Cooper or Bo, who you playing for? Earl Bruce never gets fired if it wasn’t for that Chris Carter NCAA drama

Earl Bruce lost like 4 games a year…the program was BAD when he left. Not sure what you are saying here.

And idk if you know this or not, but Earl was actually fired for hitting/punching his players in practice. OSU kept it under wraps, but his next destination didn’t.