What movie are you watching?

Forge

15 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

Rebel Ridge I had a blast with it's a rare blend of action mixed with story. I felt so invested in the characters good plot. I really feel like it's movie theater quality rather than Netflix original. You really dont get action movies with this character development in it like this movie anymore. It reminded me of a better version of the run down.8.5/10

Eh, I gave it like a 5. It was decent for a Netflix movie but the actual action was pretty mid. The hand-to-hand combat looked like it was choreographed by a toddler as well. The character development was the only good thing IMO. That and the title of the movie is named after something that's in the movie itself for all of 2 minutes. 

Spoiler

Nobody could shoot a gun to save their lives in it either. The truck scene? He got shot at that range and only took damage to the INSIDE shoulder? That range he's probably taking two in the chest before he reacts. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

Rebel Ridge I had a blast with it's a rare blend of action mixed with story. I felt so invested in the characters good plot. I really feel like it's movie theater quality rather than Netflix original. You really dont get action movies with this character development in it like this movie anymore. It reminded me of a better version of the run down.8.5/10

From the director of Blue Ruin im happy to hear that and not surprised

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Eh, I gave it like a 5. It was decent for a Netflix movie but the actual action was pretty mid. The hand-to-hand combat looked like it was choreographed by a toddler as well. The character development was the only good thing IMO. That and the title of the movie is named after something that's in the movie itself for all of 2 minutes. 

Reveal hidden contents

Nobody could shoot a gun to save their lives in it either. The truck scene? He got shot at that range and only took damage to the INSIDE shoulder? That range he's probably taking two in the chest before he reacts. 

I get your complaints with it oh and I meant to say it reminded me of a better walking tall rather than rundown. I feel like with any action movie you got to suspend your disbelief somewhat. Like in John wick 4 he's taking on so much damage or is on the hood of the car and can't get hit through the windshield. Maybe I grade easier on action it seems like a dying breed the only other one I can think of this year is beekeeper. 

2 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

I get your complaints with it oh and I meant to say it reminded me of a better walking tall rather than rundown. I feel like with any action movie you got to suspend your disbelief somewhat. Like in John wick 4 he's taking on so much damage or is on the hood of the car and can't get hit through the windshield. Maybe I grade easier on action it seems like a dying breed the only other one I can think of this year is beekeeper. 

I get it but if you're putting off a badass vibe like dude was, the actual action and hand-to-hand combat has to give you that feel too. The main character gave a good enough aura as a badass that the action scenes let me down so much. 

• Like 1

Just now, beekay414 said:

I get it but if you're putting off a badass vibe like dude was, the actual action and hand-to-hand combat has to give you that feel too. The main character gave a good enough aura as a badass that the action scenes let me down so much. 

How embarrasing that you thought this was going to be a john wick movie

3 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

the killers game may be for you action is top notch the violence is there just the characters aren't all that developed and the plot is kinda crazy

Edited by thebestever6
  • Like 1

Just now, thebestever6 said:

the killers game may be for you action is top notch the violence is there just the characters aren't all that developed and the plot is kinda crazy

I'm honestly not really a big time action guy so I appreciated the character development in Rebel Ridge. I'm more of a "badass" type character when watching these types of movies. LIS, the main dude did a good job with the aura of being a badass, it's just the choreography was brutal and the actual action was subpar. It was a solidly decent movie.