BDL 2020 Week 4 - Rome Eternals @ Portland Horned Owls

rackcs

Rome Eternals @ Portland Horned Owls  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins?

• Rome Eternals
    • Portland Horned Owls

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/08/2020 at 04:01 AM

BDL 2020 Week 4

Match: Rome Eternals @ Portland Horned Owls

Away Owner: @bcb1213

Home Owner: @EaglesPeteC

Vote for who you think would win the game.

Rules:
One vote per person, duplicate accounts will be banned and action taken against those attempting to rig the results.

One vote per team involved in the match. Co-owners may vote in every match up except their own.

For members, who have been following along, and wish to vote.  Please join the conversation and maybe give a reason you voted as you did. This will alleviate any suspicions of unusual voting and will promote discussion.

Note: Players that have a (D) next to their name indicate that they are doubtful or unlikely to play. Players with (Q) are game-time decisions.

Good luck to you both

Rome Eternals

QB Teddy two gloves Bridgewater 
RB DeAndre Swift 
WR Amari Cooper 
WR Juju Smith Schuster 
WR Jamison Crowder 
TE OJ Howard 
LT Andrew Whitworth 
LG Mike Iupati
C Ted Karras 
RG Chris Lindstrom 
RT Ryan Ramczyk

WR Will Fuller 
WR Hunter Renfrow 
TE Tyler Eifert 
OT Braden Smith 
WR James Washington 
RB Devonta Freeman 
OL Michael Onwenu 
QB Drew Brees 

DE. Carlos Dunlap
UT Malik Jackson 
NT Dalvin Tomlinson 
DE Dante Fowler Jr 
LB Devondre Campbell 
LB Matt Milano 
CB Marlon Humphrey 
CB William Jackson
CB Jamel Dean 
S Duron Harmon 
S Tre Boston 

Edge Jaylon Ferguson
Edge Leonard Floyd 
INT Michael Brockers 
INT Jerry Tillery
LB Jordan Hicks 
LB Alex Anzalone 
CB Nickel Robley Coleman
CB Noah Igbinoghene 

Portland Horned Owls

QB- Kirk Cousins
RB- Jerrick McKinnon
WR- Adam Thielien 
WR- Davante Adams (Q)
TE- Mark Andrews
TE- Jack Doyle
OT- Laremy Tunsil
OG- Andrew Norwell
C- Matt Paradis
OG- Mark Glowinski
OT- Alejandro Villanueva

2nd RB- Peyton Barber
FB- Patrick Ricard
WR- David Moore
WR- John Ross
Swing T- Andrew Wyile
Swing G- Will Hernandez

LE- John Simon
DT- Cam Heyward 
DT- Lawrence Guy
RE- Bud Dupree
LB- Jayon Brown 
LB- Blake Martinez
CB- Marcus Peters
CB- Desmond Trufant
FS- Marcus Maye
SS- Landon Collins
3rd S/Dime LB- Malcolm Jenkins

Depth ILB- Kenny Young
Joker- Jamie Collins
Nickle CB- Mackensie Alexander
Dime CB- Michael Ojemudia
Depth CB- EJ Gaines
4th S- Mike Edwards

Rome Eternals

Motivation 

We need this win to not fall out of playoff contention while our opponent has openly talked about tanking and quitting on his players.  They can not be happy about the effort put in by the staff last week and may simply be not show up this week

Offense 

Well with Michael Thomas still out in real life, everyone probably thinks Drew Brees sucks with his supporting cast of nothing but Kamara so this week we turn to Teddy Two Gloves. 

We will use our single back three wide group here as we welcome back slot WR Jamison Crowder who is the only jet that hasn't looked like a dumpster fire this year with over 100 yards in each game he's played. 

We plan on running the hurry up offense as Portland simply doesn't have a bench edge player atm so we will be utilizing this to our advantage.  Most of our run plays are going to be outside zone using our awesome tackle combo just running over these edges as they tire out in the later stages of the game.  We'll rotate our two backs with freeman getting more early down and short yardage looks and swift getting more longer and third down looks 

The starting back secondary for Portland is a pretty solid group even though the chiefs picked on Marcus Peters nonstop Monday night he still is a good corner.  Desmond trufant returns from injury.  We don't kno how healthy he is, but even so, we like Cooper or juju against him.  We will run more four and even five wide this week as our wide receiver depth is stacked.  If Portland brings along ej Gaines as their fifth corner, well he opted out of the season so they won't have one. If this is the case, we'll use the five wide more often than normal as they'll be stuck in zone or trying to cover WR with Malcolm Jenkins one on one. 

We will attack all three levels with the route trees and will motion crowder every play to get a presnap zone vs man read for teddy who is gonna take what the defense gives him and move us down the field on long drives tiring out that front   Flood and seams concepts against zone.  Outs, slants, comebacks and streaks against man.  We'll also run some screens together both RB and WR as an extension of our running game

We have our two TE, Braden Smith fb short yardage set to wind out the clock late against the tired front 

lTl/dr: 

Hurry up to tire out thin front.   Trust the talent to go on long drives, take what the d gives us. Attack CB depth with five wide in longer situaion 

Defense 

This week we face a talented group of wide outs in Portland.  Like us, the Portland running game has been decimated by injury so we'll have be concentrating mostly on the passing game 

Marlon Humphrey is our lock down corner and we are gonna put him on Davante Adams who is coming back from injury at less than 100%. William Jackson has a tall task with Adam Theilan.  Jamel Dean gets whoever wr three is.  Nrc will get any fourth WR if Portland brings one 

I imagine Hungary will try to get Mark Andrew's involved but Devondre Campbell is one of the best cover backers in the league.  Regardless our safety on that side will be first watching to make sure Andrews isn't running down the seam open. Milano gets the RB out of the backfield.  Two tight ends Anza line comes on for that assignment for Dean while Hicks comes in on short yardage.  Harmon occasionally plays in the box and in an under robber look, however we plan on playing more cover two man this week.  Harmon will also occasionally blitz or pick up the RB for Milano who can blitz they may go two TE heavy but we have solid coverage lb. In two TE, Milano gets TE two and Hicks gets the RB 

We will also continue to today incorporate our zone blitz scheme from last week. Occasionally we will run a 2-4 5 with Milano and hicks on the edges with our edge playmaking depth being tested this season.  This allows us to send two or more of the four linebackers while letting the others drop into zones without losing any coverage ability. 

Up front, we have Tomlinson and Jackson in our base sets but Brockers will rotate in for Jackson heavily on early downs while tillery rotates in for Tomlinson on passing downs. Jackson and Tillery have been two of the better interior pass rushers this season and we should be able to get pressure up the middle on passing downs while the meat wall on early downs stops interior rushing. 

Per usual we will mix in some base cover two three and four to keep kirk guessing 

Tl/dr. Trust the corners, man two base with some zone blitz this week.  Interior pressure and make kirk consistently beat the corner talent 

Portland Horned Owls

OFFENSE: 

Spread the defense out: My offense has an advantage vs Rome’s subpar secondary. Mark Andrews will get flexed out as a WR and keep Jack Doyle inline. I think Adams and Thielen can beat their coverage and give Cousins open and talented targets to move the ball. Mark Andrews will also provide mismatches away from the line. Then sprinkling in John Ross and David Moore to beat Rome’s corner depth. I also would use McKinnon in the passing game to create more matchups.

In the running game, the outside run game is where I would have an advantage. My Tackles have an advantage over their ends and McKinnon working the edges is more his strength.

DEFENSE:

Aggressively attack. Drew Brees’ arm isn’t what it used to be and we can minimize the damage with making him take short passes by pressuring him. Jamie Collins will be brought in to beef up my pressure packages. My d-line should not have a problem slowing down their running game with underwhelming RB’s. Amari Cooper tends to vanish when matched up with a top CB, so Marcus Peters will shadow him. Landon Collins will help Trufant double up JuJu on the other side and let Malcolm Jenkins take the underneath routes by the TE’s and RB’s. Marcus Maye will roam over the top. I can also let my safeties and CB’s be aggressive with Will Fuller when he comes in the game to disrupt him off his routes. 

17 minutes ago, Counselor said:

You started Teddy. You trying to throw this game?

I got zero votes last week with Brees. Teddy looked good today so yea I'll take the guy completing over 70% of his passes for the year in the move the chains offense against a team with no dline depth and three active corners 

Edited by bcb1213

I'll also say this, idk who I think will win this game yet but I do like that Rome took the calculated risk of starting Teddy today. While Brees actually had a decent game today, so did Teddy imo and I view Teddy as a more mobile QB, so he adds a different element than Brees, that, understandably wasn't factored in by Portland.