BDL 2020 Week 4 - Ivory Coast Black Rhinos @ Williamsport Soul Reavers

rackcs

Ivory Coast Black Rhinos @ Williamsport Soul Reavers  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins?

• Ivory Coast Black Rhinos
    • Williamsport Soul Reavers

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/08/2020 at 04:01 AM

BDL 2020 Week 4

Match: Ivory Coast Black Rhinos @ Williamsport Soul Reavers

Away Owner: @RuskieTitan

Home Owner: @wwhickok

Vote for who you think would win the game.

Rules:
One vote per person, duplicate accounts will be banned and action taken against those attempting to rig the results.

One vote per team involved in the match. Co-owners may vote in every match up except their own.

For members, who have been following along, and wish to vote.  Please join the conversation and maybe give a reason you voted as you did. This will alleviate any suspicions of unusual voting and will promote discussion.

Note: Players that have a (D) next to their name indicate that they are doubtful or unlikely to play. Players with (Q) are game-time decisions.

Good luck to you both

Ivory Coast Black Rhinos

QB- Ryan Tannehill
RB- Nick Chubb
WR- Terry McLaurin
WR- Robby Anderson
TE- Jared Cook
TE- Kyle Rudolph
LT- Trent Williams
LG- Damien Lewis
C- Jason Kelce
RG- Zack Martin
RT- Dennis Kelly

--------------------------------------------------

QB- Daniel Jones
RB- Austin Ekeler
FB- Anthony Sherman
WR- Corey Davis
WR- DeSean Jackson
WR- Chase Claypool
OL- Josh Jones
OL- Ricky Wagner

DE- Khalil Mack
DT- Da'Ron Payne
NT- Maurice Hurst
DE- Myles Garrett
LB- Lavonte David
LB- Devin White
CB- Patrick Peterson
CB- Jaylon Johnson
CB- Bradley Roby
SS- Jordan Whitehead
FS- Devin McCourty

DE- Charles Omenihu
DT- Larry Ogunjobi
DT- Davon Godchaux
LB- Patrick Queen
CB- Trevon Diggs
CB- A.J. Terrell
S- Ashtyn Davis
S- Troy Apke

Williamsport Soul Reavers

OFFENSE:
QB: Ben Roethlisberger
RB: Derrick Henry
TE: Robert Tonyan
WR: Calvin Ridley
WR: Julian Edleman
WR: Mioes Boykin
LT: Dion Dawkins
LG: Quinton Spain
C : JC Tretter
RG: Cody Ford
RT: Chuks Okorafor

Bench:
RB: Frank Gore
RB: Duke Johnson
TE: Vance McDonald
WR: Olabisi Johnson
OT: DJ Humphries 
OG Cesar Ruiz
OG: Fred Johnson 
C.Mitch Morse

DEFENSE:
LDE: Leonard Williams
NT: DJ Reader
RDE: Quinton Jefferson
LOLB: Brian Burns
ILB: Devin Bush
ILB: Kwon Alexander
ROLB: Shaq Barrett
CB: Carlton Davis
CB: Donte Jackson
FS: Quandre Diggs
SS: Adrian Phillips 

Bench: 
DE: Raekwon Davis 
NT: Tyson Alualu 
DT: Jordan. Phillips 
LB: Julian Okwara
CB: Mike Hilton
CB: Cam Sutton
CB: Trayvon Mullen

Ivory Coast Black Rhinos

Offense
Primary Formation: 12 Personnel- For this game we come out in a 12 personnel formation, leveraging Terry McLaurin and Robby Anderson as the wideouts, and Jared Cook with Kyle Rudolph at tight end. The purpose of the formation is to lean more on Nick Chubb and ball control this game, taking a few play-action shots, and leveraging our tight ends in miss-match situations. Rudolph will split some time with Anthony Sherman, though on third and shorts we may leverage some 22 personnel with both Sherman and Rudolph coming on, and just McLaurin out wide. We will still be willing to go 3 and 4 wide with our receivers throughout the game, but with less emphasis this week.

Running Game Focus- Nick Chubb is going to be fed the ball this game, looking at a minimum of 30 touches, most coming from handoffs. We want to be able to control the clock in this game, and running the ball should help with that. Nick Chubb will primarily operate as a single back, but at times we’ll bring in Anthony Sherman as a lead blocker, usually on short yardage. Austin Ekeler will give Chubb breathers at times, and be the primary third and long back, we are aiming to provide 5-10 touches for him.

Passing Game Focus- Ryan Tannehill has plenty of experience operating with two TEs, and should feel comfortable in this offense. Terry McLaurin will be in on 90% of the offensive snaps, and serve as the teams #1. Robby Anderson will be opposite him, and when we bring in a slot receiver it will be Corey Davis. We’ll take a few deep shots with Chase Claypool and DeSean Jackson. Jared Cook will be leveraged both on the line and split out wide, to see if we can’t exploit a mis-match. Tannehill’s purpose isn’t to get into a shootout to win the game for us, we want to see reliable throws that keep the chains moving, leveraging play action off of Nick Chubb to see if we can’t take a few big shots to catch Williamsport off guard.

X-Factor on Offense: Nick Chubb- Nick Chubb is a man, and he’s playing like one of the best backs in football right now. We’re not going to reinvent the wheel here, we are going to use power behind our offensive line and get Chubb holes and out into the open, where he’ll make Williamsport defenders look silly out there.

Defense
Defensive Formation: 4-2-5 Defense- We anticipate Williamsport will come out in their 3 wide set, so we prepare with our 4-2-5 defense. Lavonte David and Devin White will operate as the two linebackers. We will bring in Patrick Queen when they have 2 receivers or fewer, to present a 4-3 front and Roby will go off. This week we start Jordan Whitehead alongside McCourty, as we’ve been impressed with his play and feel this should boost our safety duo.

Secondary Coverage: Man Cover 1- We’re going to maintain at least one safety high on every play, to give assistance to any deep shot that Big Ben tries to attempt, usually leveraging Devin McCourty in this role. Jordan Whitehead will drop down into the box to help limit Derrick Henry’s ability to get his legs churning, and ‘act’ like a 3rd linebacker, playing a shallow zone in the middle. We’ll still have some cover 2 safety looks as well, and Whitehead will be deceptive in what his role will be on a given play. We’re going with man underneath, sticking Patrick Peterson on Calvin Ridley and following him everywhere. We will sprinkle in a little bit of press, but overall we’re going to play off a few yards to keep everything in front and be able to crash in on run support, as well as avoid being beaten off the line with a quick release and exposed for a deep shot. Outside of the PP on Ridley matchup, the other corners will take whoever they get lined up with, Roby being the primary slot corner if PP isn’t covering Ridley there. For dime looks, we’ll take White off the field and bring in Trevon Diggs as the fourth cornerback.

Defensive Box: Maintain discipline- We’re coming in with 4 down linemen this game. Although we are missing Chase Young off the edge this game, our heavy rotation allows us to lean much more on Khalil Mack and Myles Garrett in this game, with Charles Omenihu giving them breathers from time to time. They will set the edges and prevent Henry from going out wide, as well as collapse the pocket around Big Ben. We are going to use a healthy rotation of our four interior linemen, to keep them as fresh as possible and holding up running lanes in the middle to keep things contained. Derrick Henry has never been a great receiver, so we’ll have Devin White covering him, and Lavonte David should be able to erase Vance McDonald or whatever TE they bring out due to the injury to Dallas Goedert. With the weak TE link, and a limited receiving threat out of the backfield, our linebackers will be primarily keyed in to help stop the run. White has the speed to keep up with any of the other backs that they may shuffle in, so our overall plan doesn’t change (David on TE, White on RB). Jordan Whitehead will spend a portion of the game down in the box, to provide additional run support, and cover the shallow middle on pass plays. We’ll also have him cover for White or David on plays where we choose to bring an extra blitzer to pressure Big Ben.

X-Factor on Defense: Jordan Whitehead – His mere starting presence eliminates the walking exploit known as “Troy Apke” from our secondary, but more importantly, we feel he can really make an impact this game. He’ll alternate playing high zone and shallow zone, as well as be the additional blitzer from time to time when he’s in the box.

Williamsport Soul Reavers

OFFENSE: 
We are going back to the well this week. We are going to go run heavy with Derrick Henry once again. Mark Ingram will play as a rotational sub for Henry. However that is not the only way he will be used. In this game we are going to run some two back formations with Derrick Henry and Mark Ingram in the backfield at the same time. We will use these formationa to run and pass out of, which will not just feature passes to the WRs but also to the RBs out of the backfield.

ICBR has an excellent front seven however, Chase Young and Geno Atkins are out and Mack may be slowed by a knee injury if he does in fact play. We will however treat Mack as though he is at full strength. I believe Henry can win the battle of power in the middle of the defense  Our goal is to use the power run to set up play action because we feel good about how our WRs match up with their secondary.  Patrick Peterson and Bradley Roby have struggled mightily this season so far as has Diggs and Apke, additionally Diggs likely will not be at full health in this game. McCourty is the loan brightside of their secondary right now. 

IF Trevon Diggs misses this game we will maintain our gameplan with Jaylong Johnson and or Darnay Holmes.

Our plan is to use Ridley and  Boykin on intermediate to deep passes and absolutely bully Apke with our passing game. We will use Olabisi Johnson and Julian Edleman in situations close to the line of scrimmage, Edlemen has struggled with separation this season but using him in some quick slant and mesh routes we feel we can neutralize this issue. Olabisi we will use in similar ways as well as quick outs and crossing routes.

Boykin and Ridley we will use in all of those fashions. But we plan to throw deep at between 5-8 times in this game dependent upon how deep the coverage is playing (deeper coverage, less shots more underneath stuff).

We do want to play ball control again and try to both wear down the defense and use the run, as I said, to set up play action but also to help neutralize the pass rush. We will use McDonald and Tonyan in both the passing game and as run blockers.  I'll use both TEs in similar fashions as Olabisi and Edlemen to try to create matchups with LBs that we can take advantage of.

Our Run/Pass Ratio in this game will be 63/37

*Should Derrick Henry be unavailable at all, Ingram will start with Frank Gore filling Ingrams previous role.

Should Ridley be unavailable Boykin will move to the #2 spot, Edleman to the #1. The deep ball will become much less f frequent (maybe 1-2 times to Boykin) and we will not run any 4 WR formations.  Should Edleman also be unavailable Boykin will move to #1, OJ to #2 and we will run a 70/30 Run pass ratio using mostly 2 TE or 2nRB sets throughout the game utilizing the TEs much more frequently in the passing game. We will then attempt to control the T.O.P.

DEFENSE:

We will respect Tannehils ability to scramble  and we will run a more balanced zone/man coverage. We plan to use disguises on all of our coverages, and like the previous games our CBs will not be shadowing any players they will play their sides.
The two biggest weapons they have are McLaurin (who could be slowed by a thigh injury but we will treat him as 100% healthy) and Chubb. Both deadly in the passing game and Chubb is an excellent runner. However a couple other guys we need to keep in check are Chase Claypool,  Kyle Rudolph. With Jared Cook out for this Rudolph is going to be their lome viable weapon at Tight End. We are going to leave our safeties deep in this game because Claypool and McLaurin (and Jackson if available) are excellent deep play targets. Id rather give up underneath plays and trust our tackling than give up big plays down field. 

We also want to recognize Cory Davis,  Adam Humphries and Robby Anderson and Curtis Samuel. All of these receivers bring the element of speed. They will fall under the 'umbrella' of keep things in front of us. We intend to match the # of CBs on the field with the # of WRs to ensure adequate available coverage capability. If it gets to the point of 5 WRs it means they don't have a RB or TE on the field (unless they're splitting one out wide) . With Bush assigned to Chubb, and the addition of the safeties we feel confident in our ability to cover well enough to limit the passing game combined with heavier pressure in heavy blitz situations.

When it comes to Chubb, Bush will be spying him on every play, his job in this game is to stop Chubb, end of story. Obviously if Chubb is not on the field, his assignment changes, at that point I want him on Cook. I feel Bush' athleticism makes him a capable matchup with Rudolph.

I plan to blitz more than I did against OKC. I'm dialing it back up to 43% if there are less than 3 WRs on the field i will run my base 3-4 defense.
With 3 WRs I will run the Nickel Defense out of a 3-4 alignment, with Alexander, Bush, and Barrett as my 3 LBs. 

With more than 3 WRs I will run my dime defense, Bush will be the loan LB. 

My NB will be Hilton, my 4th CB on will be Trayvon Mullen. In situations where i use a 3rd Safety I'll bring on Cam Sutton. 

My goal is to use the blitz to distupt the passing game and make Tannehil skittish, limit the running game and force them into pass heavy situations where I can let my secondary go to work.

2 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

TE Jared Cook was out for today's game. 

Also In my gameplan, I wouldn't change anything for Jordan Whitehead (obviously didn't know he was starting)

Yeah, missed that. Good thing I do mention Sherman and Davis splitting time as well. We'll adjust, he wasn't a primary focus.

The one thing you probably would change is find some way to slander another one of my players, but that's cool.

Slight error on my part with my roster. I acquired Mark Ingram before I finalized my gameplan however apparently my roster wasn't updated. Duke Johnson shouldn't be listed on my roster, that should be Mark Ingram. I have it listed correctly in the gameplan itself. I was rushing to make sure I even got it done because I worked all weekend 

Hold up... I got roasted for bring Harrison Smith into the box at 218 lbs as another S/Linebacker to help stymie the run... Jordan Whitehead is 198 and is going to stop Henry from churning yards when Henry is 238 lbs?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

While we are on the topic of making post submission adjustments, I had meant for every instance of "Jared Cook" actually mean "Kyle Rudolph" and "Kyle Rudolph" mean "Anthony Sherman". I was rushing to make sure I even got it done because I was faded all weekend.

I have no issue with allowing that I kind of had a feeling that's what you really wanted to do anyway when I read your roster

On the flip side, WSR runs into an error of their own. Focus on Apple on mid and deep plays and then follows up that their plan doesn't change now that Woke isn't in the game. ICR has McCourty as the deep man. You are sending your playaction there which is a whole lot different result than Apke.

Edited by PR

To me it comes down to who do I think can run the ball better as both defenses went ball control, but WSR wants to bring in an effective play action. I think having the full time fullback will both help and hurt IC here. Sherman is not the athlete or pass catching threat that Cook would have been in this offense. It lends itself to stack the box more often which WSR does with a 3-4 front. WSR by a FG.

Clearly Ruskie's word of the week in his 6th grade class was 'leverage'. You leveraged that word quite a lot in your offensive game plan leveraging your leverage vs his leverage. 

Classic case of planning to defend a pass heavy defense and then you get *** blasted in the run game instead, amirite? Now I'm not going to be unrealistic and say 'oh well IC would stay in nickel all game and get KILT!!' because teams adjust, I just think WW is built to dominate in the run game either way. I think WW wins this in an ugly one. 

• Like 1

On 10/6/2020 at 12:00 PM, PR said:

Focus on Apple on mid and deep plays and then follows up that their plan doesn't change now that Woke isn't in the game.

Bro how have you already edited this post at least once and it still came out making no sense? Troy Apple. Jordan Woke. 

5 minutes ago, Jlash said:

Bro how have you already edited this post at least once and it still came out making no sense? Troy Apple. Jordan Woke. 

Cellphones have a mind of their own. Apke and Whitehead...

• Like 1