NCAA Basketball Thread: '21-22

NYRaider

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

Taze Moore averaged 8.2 ppg during his 4 year career at CSU Bakersfield and Kyler Edwards averaged 8.7 ppg over his 3 year career at Texas Tech.

Taze Moore

2019 first team WAC all defensive team

2020-2021 All Big West first team

Edwards

A key contributor as a freshman for Tech 

averaged 11 a game as sophmore

Big 12 honorable mention as a JR

yeah those are average players!

Just now, Texansfan713 said:

Taze Moore

2019 first team WAC all defensive team

2020-2021 All Big West first team

Edwards

A key contributor as a freshman for Tech 

averaged 11 a game as sophmore

Big 12 honorable mention as a JR

yeah those are average players!

I'd say a guy that averaged 12 ppg and was 1st team All Big West and another who averaged 11 ppg and was Big 12 Honorable Mention are pretty average college basketball players.

• Like 1

I'd say a guy that averaged 12 ppg and was 1st team All Big West and another who averaged 11 ppg and was Big 12 Honorable Mention are pretty average college basketball players.

ok. look at justin gorham's "average" stats before he transferred to houston.  last time i checked he was one of Houston's best players this past season. 

1 minute ago, Texansfan713 said:

ok. look at justin gorham's "average" stats before he transferred to houston.  last time i checked he was one of Houston's best players this past season. 

Gorham averaged 8 points/8 rebounds at Houston last season, I'd say he's a pretty average player as well. Former 5* recruit and 1st round pick Grimes carried your team. You don't have anyone on this years squad who's even close to him.

Gorham averaged 8 points/8 rebounds at Houston last season, I'd say he's a pretty average player as well. Former 5* recruit and 1st round pick Grimes carried your team. You don't have anyone on this years squad who's even close to him.

i see you are one of the ones who judge how good a player is by their PPG average. 

Just now, Texansfan713 said:

i see you are one of the ones who judge how good a player is by their PPG average. 

Do you think Gorham was a great college basketball player? Grimes was clearly your best player, he won AAC POY and was a 1st round pick. Having him elevated your entire team, you don't have that guy on this years roster.

4 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

we dont go to the final four if gorham didnt play like he did last season.

im done going back and forth. 

Edited by Texansfan713

5 minutes ago, Texansfan713 said:

we dont go to the final four if gorham didnt play like he did last season.

im done going back and forth. 

You made the Final 4 beating 15 seed Cleveland State, 10 seed Rutgers, 11 seed Syracuse, 10 seed Oregon State. Then got absolutely destroyed against the one good team you had to play. Sampson has never beaten a team that was below a 10 seed in the tournament.