Week 8 GDT: Giants vs Brady-eers, MNF

y*so*blu

It's still too early to make the call, but Jones is looking a little bit more like a bust after each game. He still can turn it around, but his decision making and ball protection is just horrific.  EVEN worse than Eli's at same point in their careers... And that's pretty bad.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, y*so*blu said:

Finally I'm back... and I'm glad we kept it close, but it sounds like another one that was very winnable if not for some poor officiating and Daniel Jones. Am I wrong, or is that an apt description of most of our games in 2020?

That’s correct. The big thing is we are competitive. That’s a good showing already this season compared to years past. The Jones situation is a big problem though 

Just now, Acgott said:

That’s correct. The big thing is we are competitive. That’s a good showing already this season compared to years past. The Jones situation is a big problem though 

You're absolutely right, and I try to appreciate that part of it. Holding Tom brady and his vaunted Bucs offense to 25 points, some of which came off our offense turning the ball over? That's an accomplishment. I thought the defense was on the right track but they've exceeded all my expectations.

Still, Jones is a liability and has to go next year. Watching him play has been like a two month long case of heartburn.

• Like 1

Just now, y*so*blu said:

You're absolutely right, and I try to appreciate that part of it. Holding Tom brady and his vaunted Bucs offense to 25 points, some of which came off our offense turning the ball over? That's an accomplishment. I thought the defense was on the right track but they've exceeded all my expectations.

Still, Jones is a liability and has to go next year. Watching him play has been like a two month long case of heartburn.

Unless we have the number one pick, Jones will be our starting quarterback next year. He will have mid round competition. I don’t feel like the Giants are going to take the #2 or #3 QB right now