BG715 2021 Mock Offseason

biggreen715

My First Mock Draft b/c why not?

This would probably be my ideal offseason. Had some free time so I figured I’d do a quick Mock Offseason

I didn’t include financials b/c I don’t that stuff.

Gase FINALLY gets the boot.

We finally lure Matt Campbell out of Iowa State. Great program builder. Leader of men. Joe D finally gets his guy. Gives him autonomy to build his staff unlike Macc and Rhule.

In House Free Agents – Walk

·         Avery Williamson

·         Breshad Perriman

·         Jordan Jenkins

·         Patrick Onwuasor

·         Joe Flacco

·         Quincy Wilson

·         Matthias Farley

·         Frank Gore

·         Chris Hogan

·         Bradley McDougald – wouldn’t mind resigning him but he probably wants out

·         Daniel Brown

In House Free Agents – Resign

·         Brian Poole

·         Neville Hewitt

·         Marcus Maye

·         Pierre Desir

·         Arthur Maulet

·         Tarell Basham

Cuts:

·         Henry Anderson

Free Agent Signing:

·         Joe Thuney(OG)– Joe D gets his G

·         Allen Robinson/Kenny Golladay/JuJu Smith – Schuster(WR) – in dire need of a WR. Maybe 2 out of the 3

·         Matt Judon(OLB) – Baltimore lets Judon leaves after trading for Yannick. We finally get a pass rusher

·         Tevin Coleman(RB) – Adding a veteran to this young RB group

·         Ronald Darby(CB) - Need some depth

Trades:

·         Sam Darnold to the Indianapolis Colts 1st rd draft pick. #20(based on simulation from thedraftnetwork.com mock draft machine)

o   As much as it pains me to trade him, its time to move one. Jets did him dirty by hiring Gase. Hopefully he’ll succeed with the Colts and I’ll be cheering him on.

Draft – only 4 rounds

Using the Mock Draft Simulator via the https://thedraftnetwork.com/mock-draft-machine

1.1   – Trevor Lawrence(QB) - Clemson

1.20(Colts) – Travis Etienne (RB) – Clemson

1.27(Seahawks) – Pat Freiermuth(TE) – Penn State

2.33 – Quincy Roche(EDGE) - Miami

3.65 – Tyreke Johnson(CB) – Ohio State

3.90(Seahawks) – Patrick Jones II(EDGE) - Pittsburgh

4.102 – Ar’Darius Washington(S) – TCU

Again, just did this out of fun. Open to hear your thoughts!

Edited by biggreen715

3 hours ago, ekill08x said:

Would like this very much but I would rather go WR at 27 than TE. We could probably sign a decent TE or take one with a later pick. Its a need for sure, but that is way too early for such a luxury pick in my opinion.

i figured we'd be ok with the WR we have, especially if we get 1 or 2 big names. Say A-Rob, Golladay, Mims, Crowder, Berrios

Don't hate it... but don't love it either.

Things I like: TLaw, Etienne, Roche in the draft, one of the big name WRs in FA and adding a great G in Thuney.

Things I don't like: Only adding 1 WR. We need to draft a guy as well.  Not a fan of Judon. Don't think he's anything great (he's on pace for like 5 sacks this season and has never got 10 sacks). Not a Coleman fan either. But that doesn't bug me much since you have us drafting Etienne.

2 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Don't hate it... but don't love it either.

Things I like: TLaw, Etienne, Roche in the draft, one of the big name WRs in FA and adding a great G in Thuney.

Things I don't like: Only adding 1 WR. We need to draft a guy as well.  Not a fan of Judon. Don't think he's anything great (he's on pace for like 5 sacks this season and has never got 10 sacks). Not a Coleman fan either. But that doesn't bug me much since you have us drafting Etienne.

Agree with not wanting Judon.  His 9.5 sacks in his contract year which is 2.5 more than any other season would make be a bit skeptical.  Couple that with what will most likely be a rather large contract going into his age 29 season and I would rather look elsewhere.  By the time we are ready to hit the big time, he will most likely  be done.  In addition, the Ravens have cap room and are a win now team.  I think they would keep him.

For FA Rush backers, I like Dupree, yes, he is only a year younger with similar stats, but I think we could get him cheaper because of Pitts cap issues .  I also would look at Leonard Floyd for a reasonable deal, he is not a world beater but he is playing his best FB this year and the Rams may not be able to resign. 

In the end we will have to sign someone since we will have 4 OLB's hitting FA.  Of the 4, Basham is the only one I would want back.  Maybe Jenks.  I would not mind seeing an offseason of Dupree, Roche, Basham.

• Like 1