Week 8 - GDT - Saints (4-2) @ Bearss (5-2)

Mid Iowa

Well if you listen to the Bears fans, they are hot garbage. At 5-2 I don't buy it. I think our Secondary is capable of making any QB look like an all pro. Our only hope is that the wind is just too much, and for our run defense to continue to play fairly stout.

We are nearly out of receivers. Over 1/2 of our WR stable is hurt/covid, (Michael Thomas (ankle/hamstring), Emmanuel Sanders (reserve/COVID-19), Marquez Callaway (ankle), and Bennie Fowler (IR)) which leaves us with Tre'Quan Smith and Deonte Harris. So we've brought in practice the squad guys, Austin Carr and Juwan Johnson (who both played last week vs. Carolina) and Tommy Lee Lewis, who is no stranger to this offense, but hasn't been in a game yet this season.

So obviously Brees can spread the ball around, but it's cold & windy, so I feel we'll see a healthy dose of Kamara, Murray, Taysom Hill, and maybe, just maybe some Dwayne Washington.

I'm guessing there won't be many passes past 5 yards, and a lot of dump off / check downs.

I like our chances to out score the Bears offense, so I think this game comes down to who comes ready to run/stop the run.

40 minutes ago, Dome said:

Wouldn’t be surprised to see Austin Carr get a bunch of snaps 

Dome, where ya been?
I don't know too much about Carr. I assumed we'd see quite a bit from Tommy Lee Lewis as he's been in the system for a while, but who knows...