Chargers trade CB Desmond King to Titans for 6th round pick

RaidersAreOne

On 11/3/2020 at 2:48 PM, Ozzy said:

How the hell did that happen, trade a borderline Pro bowl DB who can play corner or safety for a freaking 6th round pick?  How does that happen?  Why would the Chargers do that?

He was fantastic his rookie year, however he has struggled since then.

He has also been in Lynn's doghouse for quite a while now, apparently he just shows up to team meetings whenever he feels like. And even after the Chargers brought in Chris Harris, and King's playing time dropped, he didn't change at all.

Also, the Chargers have multiple players to try and extend, who will become FAs next year, so I think they basically decided that King wasn't going to be one of those people. And most likely got the best they could for him considering he is only like a 7 week rental unless the Titans extend him.

8 minutes ago, Kael said:

He was fantastic his rookie year, however he has struggled since then.

He has also been in Lynn's doghouse for quite a while now, apparently he just shows up to team meetings whenever he feels like. And even after the Chargers brought in Chris Harris, and King's playing time dropped, he didn't change at all.

Also, the Chargers have multiple players to try and extend, who will become FAs next year, so I think they basically decided that King wasn't going to be one of those people. And most likely got the best they could for him considering he is only like a 7 week rental unless the Titans extend him.

I guess if Lynn does not like him that is what matters.

Still he is a damn good player and a good young defensive back, sure the Chargers have a lot of those but kid can play.  I think he is more a safety though instead of a slot corner but possibly an outside corner in the right system.  My guess is he does great on the Titans and is just what they need if he can hang at CB, especially if Jackson and Fulton are out.  

Kind of like Slay in Detroit, he and the coach/organization did not get along, but they got a 3rd and a 5th rounder for him, not only a 6th round pick.  Sure King is not as good as Slay but DBs are not that easy to find in the NFL.  

Right now on paper the Chargers are not exactly great at CB if Harris is out.   What Davis, Facyson and Hayward who is injured a lot it seems.  Not exactly super strong but clearly they are fine with not being good the rest of the year and just developing.  Must say it is a hell of a talented team to be 2-5.