49ers COVID Thread - NINE PLAYERS ON COVID LIST

N4L

Just now, N4L said:

Right, so we have mystery person A test positive, AA is a close contact, then for some reason it takes them 2 days to contact trace to kinlaw as well? That doesnt seem right to me. Should happen same day. 

Unless Kinlaw's person was different than AA's. That's what I'm saying. You don't really have enough information on anything to draw any sort of conclusion. Say AA was a close contact because his sibling has it, while Kinlaw is a close contact because his mother has it. 

2 minutes ago, N4L said:

So if kinlaw didnt test positive, then someone else must have tested positive on Tuesday (with results Wednesday, the day kinlaw was added) and also not mystery person A, otherwise kinlaw would have been added same time as AA, otherwise Kinlaw wouldnt have been in contact with anyone who tested positive

That is my overall point, there are positive tests occurring. Not only are there positive tests, but there are multiple positive tests on different days.

Exactly. And their close contact doesn't have to be team related either. Could be anyone they have contact with. Given that cases are exploding in most states, this wouldn't be completely improbable. Basically, you'll drive yourself up the wall trying to figure it out because honestly, you just dont' have enough data. So I just assume that they are all coming off the list on Sunday and playing until I hear otherwise lol

8 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

So Trent Williams tested positive on Friday.

Ugh, he was probably the least replaceable (healthy) person on our roster. 

I think this means one or both of Aiyuk and Helm are close contacts. 

I wish they werent so damn cryptic with this. 

On 11/24/2020 at 8:25 AM, J-ALL-DAY said:

So Trent Williams tested positive on Friday. Good chance he doesn't play this week, especially if he had any symptoms. 

Don't know about the rest though. 

I thought it was 10 days IR with positive test.  Then I read this so what is the rule and time out of commission when testing positive ?:

https://ninerswire.usatoday.com/2020/11/23/report-49ers-lt-trent-williams-had-positive-covid-19-test/

Graziano reported Williams is feeling okay and believes he’ll be fine. The league’s COVID-19 protocols could put Williams’ availability in jeopardy even if he isn’t experiencing symptoms of the virus. He’ll need to be cleared by a team physician and test negative before returning. The timeline for a return following a positive test varies, which may mean he’ll still be in the COVID-19 protocol when the 49ers take the field against the Rams on Nov. 29.

4 minutes ago, 3rivers said:

I thought it was 10 days IR with positive test.  Then I read this so what is the rule and time out of commission when testing positive ?:

https://ninerswire.usatoday.com/2020/11/23/report-49ers-lt-trent-williams-had-positive-covid-19-test/

Graziano reported Williams is feeling okay and believes he’ll be fine. The league’s COVID-19 protocols could put Williams’ availability in jeopardy even if he isn’t experiencing symptoms of the virus. He’ll need to be cleared by a team physician and test negative before returning. The timeline for a return following a positive test varies, which may mean he’ll still be in the COVID-19 protocol when the 49ers take the field against the Rams on Nov. 29.

I think he can be cleared before the game but I don't think he will.

I'm more curious to see the situation with our DL. Damn near everyone is on the Covid list but no reports of who may have tested positive. 

3 minutes ago, N4L said:

Kyle let it slip in his post game press conference that both kinlaw and armstead were sick

take that, @Forge!! lol

Here is my best guess as to an update

On 11/23/2020 at 4:39 PM, N4L said:

Here is the timeline:

Armstead on 11/16 - confirmed positive 

Kinlaw on 11/18 - confirmed positive 

Grassu, Joe Walker on 11/19 - Grassu off list, walker as well on 11/28, could go either way

Aiyuk, Trent, Daniel Helm on 11/20 - trent confirmed positive, aiyuk and daniel helm not removed from covid list before game, highly likely both are positive 

DJJ and Willis on 11/23 - both still on list, suspected positives

So basically, seems like all of these guys actually were sick and none were close contacts