Lions Forum Fantasy Baseball Discussion Thread #31

X_Factor_40

On 3/17/2018 at 10:44 AM, Sllim Pickens said:

I just realized I got screwed out of a pick a few rounds ago.  The draft board has me taking Yasmani Grandal in back to back rounds.  I was wondering because I still had 2 slots open.

The draft board was updated pretty late. When I did it, we were into the last round. Perhaps s it was my mistake. It certainly could be, and if it was, I apologize. 

We got to a point at the end of the draft where i was pretty lost on some of the names, what pick we were on, and what picks were make up picks and what we’re just time slot picks. We absurd amount of late picks, which can be expected with right slots, but pick numbers were rarely involved. I’m not saying you did any of that. I just got lost with some of it. That’s on me, too. The other night when I was working on the board I gave up mid way through and just submitted what I had, so I’m sure it’s not the only error. 

Feel free to pick whoever you want and just throw them in your roster whenever. I know that’s not the same as picking earlier, but It was a mess all around. I’m just glad it’s over. 

**ANNOUNCEMENT**

1. I manually selected all of the keepers and processed the draft. However, many teams have more than one player missing. Pick up someone ASAP.

2. As a result of makeup picks and holes on rosters, please DO NOT add/drop anyone that wasn’t an original pick until Tuesday, March 20th at 8am. That gives everyone some time to catch up. 

3. I’m sorry for any errors on the draft board this year. I try to do my best with a relatively busy real life, but stuff happens. The end of the draft got pretty muddy and confusing and I’m sure I made more than one error. That’s on me. Next year we can all do a better job of making things more clear. For now, I apologize for any mistakes on my end. I try hard not to make them, but they do happen from time to time. 

4.  I expected Bo BIchette to be added to the player pool by now. He is not. As a result, I will force my team to compete with 1 OPEN roster spot at ALL times this year until he’s added. That means I’m rostering 22 players, not 23. I won’t let myself pick up a DL player with his spot either. I will force myself to put someone else in the DL slot (example: Michael Conforto) before I can pick someone else up to add to the DL or my roster. Bo’s slot will not be used for any roster manipulation on my part, and you all are more than welcome to keep an eye on it and call me out if I make a mistake. I’m waiting on Bo. In heindsifht, it was pretty dumb on my part. 

** After much doubt, we got the draft done in 16.5 days. I said 16 was the fastest we could slot it out, no one thought it could be done, and we almost hit the 16 day mark exactly. A big thanks to everyone being pretty active during that time. Hopefully we can take that activity over here to the league thread and have another fun season. 

Thanks, guys! Best of luck this season! 

6 hours ago, X_Factor_40 said:

The draft board was updated pretty late. When I did it, we were into the last round. Perhaps s it was my mistake. It certainly could be, and if it was, I apologize. 

We got to a point at the end of the draft where i was pretty lost on some of the names, what pick we were on, and what picks were make up picks and what we’re just time slot picks. We absurd amount of late picks, which can be expected with right slots, but pick numbers were rarely involved. I’m not saying you did any of that. I just got lost with some of it. That’s on me, too. The other night when I was working on the board I gave up mid way through and just submitted what I had, so I’m sure it’s not the only error. 

Feel free to pick whoever you want and just throw them in your roster whenever. I know that’s not the same as picking earlier, but It was a mess all around. I’m just glad it’s over. 

When the draft picks are posted for everyone, you should take a piece of paper write down your picks 1 thru 18 & track them for yourself on paper. You use X big board to help you move threw the draft but you should automatically know your own picks U get 18. I myself track all picks until draft starts then its only mine I am looking at in front of me. Its why its critical to look at your picks check them to X board.

8 hours ago, X_Factor_40 said:

I'm not mad about it, there hasn't been anyone I have really wanted to draft in a few rounds and the odds are these guys will be the first off my roster when I need a waiver pick up. 

18 hours ago, X_Factor_40 said:

**ANNOUNCEMENT**

1. I manually selected all of the keepers and processed the draft. However, many teams have more than one player missing. Pick up someone ASAP.

2. As a result of makeup picks and holes on rosters, please DO NOT add/drop anyone that wasn’t an original pick until Tuesday, March 20th at 8am. That gives everyone some time to catch up. 

3. I’m sorry for any errors on the draft board this year. I try to do my best with a relatively busy real life, but stuff happens. The end of the draft got pretty muddy and confusing and I’m sure I made more than one error. That’s on me. Next year we can all do a better job of making things more clear. For now, I apologize for any mistakes on my end. I try hard not to make them, but they do happen from time to time. 

4.  I expected Bo BIchette to be added to the player pool by now. He is not. As a result, I will force my team to compete with 1 OPEN roster spot at ALL times this year until he’s added. That means I’m rostering 22 players, not 23. I won’t let myself pick up a DL player with his spot either. I will force myself to put someone else in the DL slot (example: Michael Conforto) before I can pick someone else up to add to the DL or my roster. Bo’s slot will not be used for any roster manipulation on my part, and you all are more than welcome to keep an eye on it and call me out if I make a mistake. I’m waiting on Bo. In heindsifht, it was pretty dumb on my part. 

** After much doubt, we got the draft done in 16.5 days. I said 16 was the fastest we could slot it out, no one thought it could be done, and we almost hit the 16 day mark exactly. A big thanks to everyone being pretty active during that time. Hopefully we can take that activity over here to the league thread and have another fun season. 

Thanks, guys! Best of luck this season! 

It's not your fault. It was damn near impossible to keep track of what was going on because people refused to put the round and pick in their post. I only knew when I picked when someone sent me a PM or when my time slot started. 

Just got back from Lakeland. Miggy lost a bunch of weight and looks really good. Victor looks great. Leonis Martin has been surprisingly great. That's really about it. Tigers are going to be really, really bad. I just hope we get something good for Greene and maybe a few other guys.

looks like the lineup is pretty much set too... Castellanos, Martin and Mahtook in the outfield. Cabby, Machado, Iglesias and Candelario in the infield. McCann behind the dish. Zimmermann is the opening day starter. I actually like that. Obviously Fulmer is the far superior option, but I like that Gardenhire is basically challenging Zim to live up to his contract. 

Man, we're really devoid of talent. I hope we make some incredible moves this year to start building for the future. 

3 hours ago, nagahide13 said:

Just got back from Lakeland. Miggy lost a bunch of weight and looks really good. Victor looks great. Leonis Martin has been surprisingly great. That's really about it. Tigers are going to be really, really bad. I just hope we get something good for Greene and maybe a few other guys.

looks like the lineup is pretty much set too... Castellanos, Martin and Mahtook in the outfield. Cabby, Machado, Iglesias and Candelario in the infield. McCann behind the dish. Zimmermann is the opening day starter. I actually like that. Obviously Fulmer is the far superior option, but I like that Gardenhire is basically challenging Zim to live up to his contract. 

Man, we're really devoid of talent. I hope we make some incredible moves this year to start building for the future. 

Yeah, its tough to see them so pitiful now.  Would be nice if Victor has a resurgence and can be dealt at the deadline.  I hope we go with a position player in the draft this year.  We have a ton of pitching prospects but not much as far as position players especially with Candelario and Machado in the bigs.

No one is giving up anything for Victor Martinez. He's a DH-only at this point that has a hard time staying healthy and will be lucky to be a league-average bat. Even if the Tigers kicked in the full $18M, I'm not sure if any team will want him on their roster. Teams are just shying away from the full-time DH unless the bat is incredible. 

3 minutes ago, Lions017 said:

No one is giving up anything for Victor Martinez. He's a DH-only at this point that has a hard time staying healthy and will be lucky to be a league-average bat. Even if the Tigers kicked in the full $18M, I'm not sure if any team will want him on their roster. Teams are just shying away from the full-time DH unless the bat is incredible. 

If a team is close and Victor is having a good year and needs a DH or has an injury, he would be a good candidate for trade.  It wont be much, but if we get a top 10 prospect in someone's farm for him, it would help more than having him on the team.  Yes it is unlikely, but if he is hitting like he has this spring, someone will want a .290 with decent pop in their lineup.

42 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

If a team is close and Victor is having a good year and needs a DH or has an injury, he would be a good candidate for trade.  It wont be much, but if we get a top 10 prospect in someone's farm for him, it would help more than having him on the team.  Yes it is unlikely, but if he is hitting like he has this spring, someone will want a .290 with decent pop in their lineup.

Who on earth is giving up a Top 10 prospect for Victor Martinez? The Tigers couldn't even get that for JD Martinez last year. 
No one is giving up top prospects for a rental DH that is injury prone and 39 years old. The game has changed. 

36 minutes ago, Lions017 said:

Who on earth is giving up a Top 10 prospect for Victor Martinez? The Tigers couldn't even get that for JD Martinez last year. 
No one is giving up top prospects for a rental DH that is injury prone and 39 years old. The game has changed. 

Dawel Lugo was the #4 prospect in the D Backs system, last I checked that's top 10 in the D Backs farm system.  We also got two lower prospects to go with it  If a team is in need, they will give up prospects to make a run.  Also people claimed that was not enough.  The game hasn't changed to the point where if teams need a bat, they wont go get a bat. 

On ‎3‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 5:46 AM, nagahide13 said:

Castellanos is projected to hit 40 bombs in some places and I am predicting he is our best hitter this... by far.

1 hour ago, detroitlions72003 said:

Castellanos is projected to hit 40 bombs in some places and I am predicting he is our best hitter this... by far.

I think he may approach 30. I still think Miggy is by far our best hitter. Last year was clearly an outlier due to injury and personal issues. He's a big guy, but he isn't the kind of hitter that's going to immediately fall apart... He's a much more technical hitter with a low effort swing. If Victor is healthy, (a huge "IF" at this stage) he isn't too far behind.

Castellanos is a guy I like, but I don't really know how to value him right now. I don't see him as a franchise type talent that you'd build around. I don't think he'll be as good of a player as JD Martinez was.

1 hour ago, detroitlions72003 said:

Did someone sneak him steroids or they are just projecting a 50% increase to his career high HRs?  My guess is Miggy is heathy and is easily our best hitter after his down year last year.  Even if he has sort of a down year I bet its better than Castellanos.  I would be less shocked if he was our 5th best hitter than I would be if he was our best.

Archived