Lions Forum Fantasy Baseball Discussion Thread #31

X_Factor_40

1 hour ago, LION KING said:

Nice pick X Michael Brantley, OF   I was watching him to see if his recovery was going well. I was thinking of taking him at 13.12.

He was one of my keepers for a number of years. Injuries have taken a toll but there’s always the chance he stays healthy and regains some of his counting numbers. A real good pick this late.

Have a few to check in on the meaningless spring stats of this team of mine

C- Sisco: 20 AB  1 HR  6 RBI  .400 AVG

SS-Lindor  3 HR 7 RBI 2 SB .300 AVG

SS- Tatis Jr 1 HR 8 RBI 3 SB .310 AVG

OF- Buxton 1 HR 3 RBi 3 SB .318 AVG

OF- Mazara 1 HR 6 RBI .276 AVG

OF- Nimmo  2 HR 6 RBI .344 AVG

Lindor is picking up where he left off so glad I was patient with him and took a chance on him when I did that trade.  Buxton flashed signs second half last year and glad I took flier there.  If Mazara can keep his avg around .265-.270 I would be happy.  Nimmo will be platoon guy but he is showing promise.

2 hours ago, X_Factor_40 said:

No worry. Just trying to stay organized as I go. Just disregard in the future if you are still waiting.

I guess I am the Minnesota Vikings just sitting here letting people run to podium.

My pick is OTB if anyone is wanting someone and cant wait...make me offer..lol

MLB needs to address the service time and Super 2 crap.  The Neil Walker signing is just another horrible example of these kids getting robbed imo.  So much more talent these young kids have but are pushed back by the service time.  This is not coming from a fantasy baseball perspective but as a baseball fan.

I want to watch the most talented players period.  The young players in the game are amazing.

Read article other day how the top 10 SS avg age is almost two full years or so ahead of the next position.

Get this fixed so fans can watch the real talent on a daily basis.

Everyone in the world knew Neil Walker was going to sign with someone he is a switch hitting 2nd baseman with some pop and .280 plus batting average who can also play 3rd base.

Not shocked the Yankees would go after him at all they're trying to win it all.

3 hours ago, LION KING said:

I am actually looking forward to seeing what kind of team I can field with lousy draft picks & see if can still make the playoffs.

My first pick last year was in the 16rd and I ran on those scrubs right up until the deadline when I realized I was in. One of my keepers this year was a waiver pickup last year and half my roster was going into the playoffs. Worst part is I am nearly convinced I would have done better in the playoffs had I not made the trades I did at the deadline.

Time Slots for Tuesday March 13th

8:00 - 9:00: @I_GET_SAX
9:00 - 10:00: @detroitlions72003
10:00 - 11:00: @FootballPhreak x2
11:00 - 12:00: @Sllim Pickens
12:00 - 1:00: @LION KING
1:00 - 2:00: @detroitlions72003
2:00 - 3:00: @nagahide13
3:00 - 4:00: @Lions017
4:00 - 5:00: @TimeForChange x2

Round 15:

5:00 - 6:00: @diehardlionfan
6:00 - 7:00: @LION KING
7:00 - 8:00: @FootballPhreak
8:00 - 9:00:  @nagahide13
9:00 - 10:00: @ManeLine
10:00 - 11:00: @I_GET_SAX
11:00 - 12:00: @nagahide13

I feel like this is simultaneously one of the most interesting and boring parts of the draft. It's always interesting to see what direction people take here - there are some steady veterans available and some intriguing younger players as well. 

I think Happ is good value here. He’s a steady performer.

Thanks. I hope so - it actually surprised me to look back over the last three years and see how good and consistent he has been. He is pretty old though, so the wheels can come off at any time. 

Archived