Lions Forum Fantasy Baseball Discussion Thread #31

X_Factor_40

2 hours ago, Lions017 said:

I’ve asked. Some people can’t even post a player’s first name. 

I’m pretty much just looking to see when my time slot is and making my pick then at this point. Unless I get a PM it’s the only way I can tell when I’m up. 

Eh I feel if you look at ESPN that should be enough. Plus I’m sure everyone here knows players enough for most part not to need first name. I have been in hurry in time OTC so just slam out post quick and move on 

37 minutes ago, X_Factor_40 said:

Interesting note: there have only been 3 trades this draft. Easily our lowest total in the history of the league.

I’m sure a lot of that has to do with some of our more active owners in regard to making trades are picking near the back end after going all in last season. Still, I’ve been surprised. 

I think it’s about time slots honestly.

i was talking trade with David about Martinez and fell asleep doing homework. Saw he skipped pick waiting on answer and felt bad so I just made the deal out of respect. 

Time slots kill trades but were necessary Early this year 

2 hours ago, Lions017 said:

I’ve asked. Some people can’t even post a player’s first name. 

I’m pretty much just looking to see when my time slot is and making my pick then at this point. Unless I get a PM it’s the only way I can tell when I’m up. 

I remember.

I’m just going to do the same. I will pick at my slot.

Bo Bichette made his ST debut today. He went 2/3, 1R, 1HR, 2RBI, 1SB. I can’t ask for much more than that in a ST debut. This is the only league I’m taking him in, so I’m really pumped to see him do something exciting, despite his long road to the majors.

Vlad JR went 4/5, 2 Runs.

Its an awesome time to be a Jays fan.

5 minutes ago, X_Factor_40 said:

Bo Bichette made his ST debut today. He went 2/3, 1R, 1HR, 2RBI, 1SB. I can’t ask for much more than that in a ST debut. This is the only league I’m taking him in, so I’m really pumped to see him do something exciting, despite his long road to the majors.

Vlad JR went 4/5, 2 Runs.

Its an awesome time to be a Jays fan.

The Jays should be fun to watch in a couple of years - not that they're going to be horrible this year or anything. 

I remember the days of dreaming upon prospects. The Cubs got lucky and pretty much all of their top guys since Epstein and Hoyer took over have turned out to be at least solid players, but man is it fun to dream on prospects. 

37 minutes ago, detfan782004 said:

Making great time so far imo 

We started March 1st with slots. We’ve done 1/2 the draft in 8 days. We have 162 picks to make and at our current pace it would take us slightly over 10 days. I think we’ll finish before then with a few owners dominating the back end if they all pay attention. That would put us at just about 18 days. Pretty close to the fastest we could possibly do it. I know a lot of people had their doubts, and we do have a ways to go, but I’m really happy with where we’re at. Pretty much what I expected.  

There are 21 days until opening day. 

2 minutes ago, Lions017 said:

The Jays should be fun to watch in a couple of years - not that they're going to be horrible this year or anything. 

I remember the days of dreaming upon prospects. The Cubs got lucky and pretty much all of their top guys since Epstein and Hoyer took over have turned out to be at least solid players, but man is it fun to dream on prospects. 

I follow prospects almost more than I follow teams. I’ve had a lot of fun watching some of the Cubs break through. That farm system was a dream for a Tigers fan. Nothing made me more frustrated than constantly drafting nothing but arms and immediately trading them. I’ve wantwd to draft impact bats for years. At least once in a while. 

It’s always fascinating how some players who look to have so much promise don’t always live up to the hype, and some guys break through unexpectedly. Then Of course there are the Cody Bellinger and Kris Bryant’s of the world. It’s my favorite part of being a fan. I always root for all these kids to do big things, and it seems like the top prospects are more accurately scouted than in the past, for the most part, if you follow the right sources. 

6 minutes ago, Dingo18287 said:

I’ve got 4 picks and 3 spots left. Counted that I have 19 picks and only 18 rounds. 

Not sure what the issue is. I just copy what LK has and change the names. I could have made an error. I’ve been really sick during the draft, so it wouldn’t shock me. 

@LION KING can take a look when he gets a chance. 

If someone else isn’t missing a pick, just ignore your last pick. If you picked where someone else was supposed to, well, that sucks and they can just take one of your upcoming picks. 

If someone is missing a pick, I apologize. It helps if everyone double checks the board before we start, but stuff happens. My apologies if it was an error on my end. 

51 minutes ago, X_Factor_40 said:

I follow prospects almost more than I follow teams. I’ve had a lot of fun watching some of the Cubs break through. That farm system was a dream for a Tigers fan. Nothing made me more frustrated than constantly drafting nothing but arms and immediately trading them. I’ve wantwd to draft impact bats for years. At least once in a while. 

It’s always fascinating how some players who look to have so much promise don’t always live up to the hype, and some guys break through unexpectedly. Then Of course there are the Cody Bellinger and Kris Bryant’s of the world. It’s my favorite part of being a fan. I always root for all these kids to do big things, and it seems like the top prospects are more accurately scouted than in the past, for the most part, if you follow the right sources. 

When I was in montana I got to watch the real young kids for CWS. It was fun. 

ROUND SEVEN

01 Saskatchewan
02 One King
03 House of Spears
04 The Mud Hens
05 Erratic Bats (Gnat)
06 Legion Of Doom (Mane)
07 Saskatchewan
08 Kramerica Interans
09 Voyagers (Det)
10 Voyagers (Det)
11 House Of Spears
12 The Mud Hens
13 House of Spears
14 Kramerica Interns
15 Rogue Squadron (Lo17)
16 House Of Spears

I get Sax had pick 7.1 not Dingo Kramerica Interans who took pick 7.1

That's where the error is not on my draft board!

K I ( Dingo) picks are off my board!

That is his picks from start of draft I see on yours X he drafted at 7.1 Dingo that pick should of been I get Sax!

Archived