Lions Forum Fantasy Baseball Discussion Thread #31

X_Factor_40

Bo Bichette isn’t in the system yet, but he should be soon as he’s in other fantasy systems (CBS, for example). Once they add him to ESPN, I’ll add him to my roster. Until then, I’ll keep a hole open and dedicated to him, and won’t fill it with any other player. 

I’m really looking forward to watching this kid develop. He’s my only prospect that I plan to draft this year. I missed out on Vlad, so I had to take Bichette early to get my backup plan. With prospects starting to fly off the board, I couldn’t wait any longer. 

17 minutes ago, X_Factor_40 said:

Bo Bichette isn’t in the system yet, but he should be soon as he’s in other fantasy systems (CBS, for example). Once they add him to ESPN, I’ll add him to my roster. Until then, I’ll keep a hole open and dedicated to him, and won’t fill it with any other player. 

I’m really looking forward to watching this kid develop. He’s my only prospect that I plan to draft this year. I missed out on Vlad, so I had to take Bichette early to get my backup plan. With prospects starting to fly off the board, I couldn’t wait any longer. 

Bichette and little Vlad are both blue chip prospects. I can’t wait to see them in the Jays lineup. 

36 minutes ago, nagahide13 said:

Yeah, Bichette was also on my short list of prospects worth holding on to. They're preeeeeetty much all gone at this point.

Yea I’ve only taken one I don’t see playing a lot of ABs. Adames is only one of mine who I doubt gets 200 ABs 

41 minutes ago, X_Factor_40 said:

Yea loving being able to land all the young guys I have. Shifted my philosophy this year after refusing to overdraft ADP for young talent in past. 

28 minutes ago, detroitlions72003 said:

You are gonna love that 1st pick next year arent ya

Not sure what you mean. Every pick of mine so far but one will produce. 

Anyways not gonna argue things these type of posts are why I avoid the forum 

40 minutes ago, detfan782004 said:

Not sure what you mean. Every pick of mine so far but one will produce. 

Anyways not gonna argue things these type of posts are why I avoid the forum 

There’s nothing wrong with your draft. Everyone builds their roster in their own way. I would prefer your strategy ANY day over outright tanking. I’m grnuinely interested to watch your roster and see how you do with these kids. It’ll be fun to watch. 

3 hours ago, diehardlionfan said:

Bichette and little Vlad are both blue chip prospects. I can’t wait to see them in the Jays lineup. 

I was super bummed to miss out on Vlad, so I may have reached a little on Bichette but I think he’s going to be fun to watch as well. The Jays are one of my favorite teams, so it’s exciting having these kids SO young and showing so much promise. 

I never know when to draft a prospect in this league, but I try to go by feel. I love rostering one kid like this that gives some added excitement to the season. 

The only thing that bothers me is when people have lineups filled with guys in the minors. I get it, in a way, but this isn’t a dynasty league. You can only keep five players. You should be able to fill out a legit lineup of major leaguers and have room for some prospects if you want to - our rosters are pretty big and we don’t have that many spots in the lineup to fill. 

As far as I know this was never really brought up or discussed in the off-season despite being a bit of a problem (where teams don’t reach their innings requirement or have empty lineup spots). There’s rebuilding and super tanking, and it can be taken to an extreme. 

I'm not really worried about it. Detfan has a legit roster, and a bunch of other guys (myself included) basically haven't even started drafting yet. As long as teams actually field a roster of players in the majors, everything else they do is pretty much fair game... It's pretty easy to fill out an entire roster even just off the waiver wire.

Time Slots for Monday, March 5th

8:00 - 9:00: @The Gnat
9:00 - 10:00: @ManeLine
10:00 - 11:00: @I_GET_SAX
11:00 - 12:00: @Dingo18287
12:00 - 2:00: @detfan782004 x2
2:00 - 3:00: @Sllim Pickens
3:00 - 4:00: @Louis Friend
4:00 - 5:00: @detroitlions72003

5:00 - 6:00: @Dingo18287
6:00 - 7:00: @Lions017
7:00 - 8:00: @davisblack

8:00 - 9:00: @Dingo18287
9:00 - 10:00:  @diehardlionfan
10:00 - 11:00: @Louis Friend
11:00 - 12:00: @X_Factor_40

Missed Picks:

@Louis Friend x5

@The Gnat

@Sllim Pickens 

I’ve never been an LM that supports telling people how to run their teams. I’ve been in leagues like that, and am in a dynasty league like that for football and it’s not fun, at all. I really don’t want to have to put rules for that in place. As long as we don’t have teams start benching their whole pitching staff to throw a matchup, or something like that, I think people should have as much freedom as possible to build their roster and look to the future. 

If something crazy happens in the future I have no problem talking about it. I think for now we’re in fine shape, personally.

4 hours ago, diehardlionfan said:

It was fun watching them both together in A ball last year.  First time I went to a bunch of Lugnuts games in a long time.  Will be fun to see them come up although I doubt either get a look this year and maybe not even next year full time.  They are super young and pushed their way out of Low A ball but they need time to develop at a couple more levels.

Archived