Lions Forum Fantasy Baseball Discussion Thread #31

X_Factor_40

5 hours ago, detfan782004 said:

I don’t know I just know I’ve gotten crap offers on Ramirez and I wouldn’t take what trout or Harper went for or even close for him. 

I guess I value the top guys more 

I’m not surprised you’ve gotten crap offers as I’ve received some as well. 

I think it depends on the owner. You’ve publicly stated, during the draft, that you were targeting young players with potential. With that in mind why would you trade your two top 5 players unless you get a boatload?

In my case I don’t see Harper on the same level and given I wanted to compete this year it made sense for me to move him. It allowed me to balance my roster, add a player I plan on keeping, a number one arm, token pieces and a high 1st round pick. 

Its great to have players that individuals value highly but if a team can’t win it all with those players then, in my view, value is diminished.

Going into every season I make a top 10 list of players I would want on my team.

This year

1 Arernado 3b

2 Baez 2b Drafted 1st round 2017

3 Lindor SS

4 Trout

5 Harper Trade for now a fixture on NOVI

6 Bryant 3b

7 Seager SS

8 Correa SS

9 Turner 2B

10 Bogaerts SS Drafted 1st round 2018

3 guys I would try making trades for going into 2019 keepers

1 Rizzo , I tried to get him in move of Gold to get younger at 1st base keeper yet didn't love the idea

2 Harper , traded Story & Goldie in a move to upgrade Keeper value 2 of 1 Harper at his age still top 5 Talent in baseball don't care about one year slump.

3 Any one else I don't have on that list would be a target to upgrade my last keeper who I targeted was Rodgers my #1 prospect.

Over the years my #1 prospects have been pretty solid Bogaerts, Correa  & Polanco still growing into a star not there yet.  Rodgers to me is my 5th keeper going into 2019.

But if X factor isn't around anymore this league will be dead since he runs it & I don't see him much at all anymore here.

So looking at big picture my 5 keepers are solid not looking to add picks for 2019 because there is a chance we won't have one.

Its been a nice ride I don't plan on redrafting a new league so unless we down size & still get to keep the 5 keepers we have built over the years I am not interested at all.

We could down size to 12 teams pretty easy, with G Money running the show he is more then qualified every team in the league has talent now every year there is more and more talent added to the draft pool & with 4 teams getting dumped 20 new keepers would be thrown back into the pool. It would work pretty easy for every team still in the league then we have the traded draft picks which we can still do because we have a system in place rounds 1 thru 18 with 16 teams if 4 teams drop u now have a draft slot still 1 thru 16 just 4 teams will be skipped unless there pick was traded away then it would go to the team that has it.  

Simple if the draft order is

1 Howell

2 Doom

3 Mud

7 G Money

8NOVI

9 LBC

11 House of Spears

12 Detroit Fan

13HERBIE

14 Ottawa

15 Bootleg

16 Mad House

So round one picks 1 thru 12 are slotted we see the order ignore the fact we don't have 16 teams now yet someone gets 1st round pick slotted 6th from last season standings then they would slide into pick 4 first round giving us 13 picks round one instead of 12 yet lose one of there own later giving us still the right amount of picks per team. Because they would of drafted before G Money slotted 7th its pretty simple to down size but keep integrity this year and going forward.

The league can go down to 12 pretty easy & you can still have a ton of picks from owners that quit this year!

Yeap Arenado is the best 3rd baseman, I would want him over everyone at that position going into 2019 including Bryant. I would also want Baez at 2b, SS not to mention can play even 3rd base his value actually might of passed Arenado because of all the positions he plays over all.

So for 2019 Baez to me is the dude I would want hands down with his power, stealing & position value not to mention age he clearly has jumped to the top of most list.

I think for the 1st time this year my team is good enough to win it all. My bats can hang with anyone & my Starting pitching has come around some of them late draft picks have turned into solid Starters & some of my pick up choices have panned out even getting Cole off waviers & seeing him grabbed bye the Cubs might be a huge pick up. Waiting now for the baseball trade deadline to pass for I can finally decide on my closer position do I run with them or scrap them for just SP.

I will wait it out and see got options now I didn't have at the start of the year might need one more player added before deadline we shall see but were going for it now!~

3 minutes ago, detfan782004 said:

I’m not down for reducing teams. People are still on ESPN setting lineups

Youbdont have to post in here to be in league imo 

it helps but shouldn’t be a requirement 

There are some dead owners that we need to check in on and make a plan for

I am worried about House of Spears, Louis he has vanished from the site since April 6th and I am not talking about just baseball league here. I am 50 years old have things happening around me all the time just lost my Aunt & lost a buddy from school. Crap happens he might not be able to come to the site anymore who knows.

Anyway hope he is okay and will be back some day.

Trade Block

Ohtani - Toughest to get

Hoskins - Slightly less tough than Ohtani

Devers - I value him higher than most

As much as I want to I can't keep all my young guys I can't so I'm putting these guys on the block for anyone looking for young keepers.

I'm mostly looking for multiple upgrade non keeper pieces that help me win this year. Upgrades at SP is my top priority followed by 2B and general depth.  I'm not super interested in picks, but all offers will be considered. 

2 hours ago, davisblack said:

Trade Block

Ohtani - Toughest to get

Hoskins - Slightly less tough than Ohtani

Devers - I value him higher than most

As much as I want to I can't keep all my young guys I can't so I'm putting these guys on the block for anyone looking for young keepers.

I'm mostly looking for multiple upgrade non keeper pieces that help me win this year. Upgrades at SP is my top priority followed by 2B and general depth.  I'm not super interested in picks, but all offers will be considered. 

Hoskins has singlehandedly dismantled me this week

Archived