2021 Draft talk

BoltsFan937

I love Ingram and want him back. However he ended the season on IR and hasn’t been healthy in a while. He’s a situational pass rusher at this point similar to Doom at the end and needs to accept a deal as such. I don’t see him not being offered more to a team that wrongfully thinks he can have a bounce back year. 

Draft wise, unless you have three guys like the Giants had for years then pass rusher is always a need and potential first pick. That being said... I don’t have a pass rusher I love with a top ten pick this year. 

On 12/16/2020 at 6:46 PM, BoltsFan937 said:

Looks like the Bengals will have the #3 pick which all but insures Sewell will be gone.  Would be an ideal year for a freaking trade back if the opportunity presented itself, but we all know that likely won’t happen with TT.  Surtain or Horn at CB, Cosmi, Slater, or Darrisaw at LT,  Chase, Waddle, Smith, Pitts at WR/TE, Paye, Ojulari at DE.  We have a good opportunity to grab a difference maker outside of Sewell

Cosmi is overrated as hell; he could come good, but he's still really under-developed, his handwork is all over the place, and I'm not convinced he can stick at LT in the pro's.   I see a lot of prospect Andrus Peat in him, which isn't a good thing if you're looking for a 10+ year franchise LT.  Particularly if you guys retain Campen as the OL coach (he's going to be under contract next season, so unless a new coach comes in that completely alters the offensive scheme to require heavy power-iso blocking, it's tough to see why Campen wouldn't be kept unless he asks to be let go), specific type of OL prospects are just not going to be the fits that others would be.  Mayfield has the tools, though - considering that what I'd heard through folks in the know as to who were in the Chargers' Top 5 in 2020, where not a one was an OT and there were OT prospects superior to Jalen Mayfield, I have my doubts he's regarded highly by the FO.  Dillon Radunz and Abraham Lucas are guys I'd very much wager will be on the team's board if they retain Campen, but their value is also considerably more in the early 2nd versus 1st (and definitely not Top 10).  Darrisaw's the only OT that doesn't go adverse to the current blocking scheme (admittedly, I need to watch more Slater) that would be worthy of a Top 15.

3 hours ago, Leoric said:

Draft wise, unless you have three guys like the Giants had for years then pass rusher is always a need and potential first pick. That being said... I don’t have a pass rusher I love with a top ten pick this year. 

Honest question, though: How much of that is at least somewhat tinted by the fact that Chase Young came out last year and Myles Garrett within the last 4.  Even elite-potential pass-rushers are going to have holes as flaws, unless they're generational talents; and you - historically - need a Top 3 pick the ensure nailing down a generational edge-rushing prospect.

12 hours ago, The LBC said:

Cosmi is overrated as hell; he could come good, but he's still really under-developed, his handwork is all over the place, and I'm not convinced he can stick at LT in the pro's.   I see a lot of prospect Andrus Peat in him, which isn't a good thing if you're looking for a 10+ year franchise LT.  Particularly if you guys retain Campen as the OL coach (he's going to be under contract next season, so unless a new coach comes in that completely alters the offensive scheme to require heavy power-iso blocking, it's tough to see why Campen wouldn't be kept unless he asks to be let go), specific type of OL prospects are just not going to be the fits that others would be.  Mayfield has the tools, though - considering that what I'd heard through folks in the know as to who were in the Chargers' Top 5 in 2020, where not a one was an OT and there were OT prospects superior to Jalen Mayfield, I have my doubts he's regarded highly by the FO.  Dillon Radunz and Abraham Lucas are guys I'd very much wager will be on the team's board if they retain Campen, but their value is also considerably more in the early 2nd versus 1st (and definitely not Top 10).  Darrisaw's the only OT that doesn't go adverse to the current blocking scheme (admittedly, I need to watch more Slater) that would be worthy of a Top 15.

I’m higher on Slater and Darrisaw than I am on Cosmi, although I do think Cosmi will be able to stick at LT in the pros.  I agree he needs work, but I think (we’ll see at the combine) his athletic profile will suggest he can stick there.  I see him as a Kolton Miller type prospect, his technique needs help but he has the feet to play tackle.  For the record, I’m agreeing with you, he’s not a finished product and needs development, I just feel like he has the tools to work with to get there 

On 1/2/2021 at 8:50 PM, The LBC said:

Honest question, though: How much of that is at least somewhat tinted by the fact that Chase Young came out last year and Myles Garrett within the last 4.  Even elite-potential pass-rushers are going to have holes as flaws, unless they're generational talents; and you - historically - need a Top 3 pick the ensure nailing down a generational edge-rushing prospect.

No, you are definitely right with that point. It’s been a long time though since we had a draft class with a Ware/Merriman where we debated which one was going to be more successful but you were fairly confident both would hit the ground running.