Hades

Apparition

Finally beat it on escape attempt #32. Had an awesome run where I got my first legendary boon and got the amazing spear throw daedalus hammer upgrade where the spear special basically becomes a rocket launcher. All that paired with the crazy knockback effects, ruptures, and wall crash damage bonuses led to an insane run.

This game is so good.

Thanks for the tip on focusing on the Minotaur first. I also happened to get my first clear with the spear last night. @minutemancl I don't know if you've gotten the Flurry Jab with the spear before, but it is sooooo OP. It takes away the spin attack but gives you the rapid attacks with the spear, once the enemies armor is broken they cant do a damn thing, just constant stuns.

Used all 3 of my defiances before the 2nd stage of Hades... almost had a heart attack

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Cheesehawk said:

Thanks for the tip on focusing on the Minotaur first. I also happened to get my first clear with the spear last night. @minutemancl I don't know if you've gotten the Flurry Jab with the spear before, but it is sooooo OP. It takes away the spin attack but gives you the rapid attacks with the spear, once the enemies armor is broken they cant do a damn thing, just constant stuns.

Used all 3 of my defiances before the 2nd stage of Hades... almost had a heart attack

Nice man! I think that's the only spear upgrade I haven't tried yet. I'll have to try it out. 

God damn this game is fun. Started playing today and I'm 9 hours deep already. Supergaint games has done it again considering Bastion and Transistor are two of my favorite indie games of all time. I guess I should probably go back and play Pyre.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, mattyice0401 said:

Got Hades on the current steam sale, Cant wait to give it a go.

Not really feeling CP2077 so i may switch over to Hades.

Cyberpunk has looked great sitting on my entertainment center while I'm unable to put Hades down. 

I've played it nonstop the past week+ and I've "beat" it a bunch of times. It is so satisfying once you start recognizing which weapons and gods go together well. I've had my most clears with the spear, but the gun and bow are close seconds. 

The gun is the hardest to get used to, but a quick tip i can offer is equip the Zeus boon item and take the chain lightning attack boon when it is (hopefully) offered. You'll quickly see how good that weapon is. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, minutemancl said:

Cyberpunk has looked great sitting on my entertainment center while I'm unable to put Hades down. 

I've played it nonstop the past week+ and I've "beat" it a bunch of times. It is so satisfying once you start recognizing which weapons and gods go together well. I've had my most clears with the spear, but the gun and bow are close seconds. 

The gun is the hardest to get used to, but a quick tip i can offer is equip the Zeus boon item and take the chain lightning attack boon when it is (hopefully) offered. You'll quickly see how good that weapon is. 

Thanks for the tips. I’ll have to keep that in mind once I start to get lost that games world. 

CP2077 just isn’t doing it for me I don’t know why. Doesn’t feel like a game made for PC. Feels like they made it for console then ported it over to PC. 

May wait till later on In the year to give CP2077 a real shot. 

Edited by mattyice0401

• 4 weeks later...

Picked it up on Thurs and to say I'm hooked would be an understatement. About 22 runs in, just cleared the Bull and his buddy finally. I was 1-hit away from clearing it 3 times in a row. 

For a while I was really struggling with Sword (unable to even beat Act-1) but now I'm consistently at final boss act 3 every run. 

Every weapon is really fun. I've only played with the gun once since I just pick whatever glows before each run. I thought this game would be boring and repetitive so I wasnt too excited for it. It feels so fresh with the rotatating weapons, RNG,e etc driving variety. 

Each run feels unique. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/14/2021 at 1:45 PM, mattyice0401 said:

To anyone thats played, Can you play this game with M&K or is a controller recommended?

I played the entire thing on M+K. My roommate played it on the switch. It's what ever you prefer.

• Like 1