Week 6: Packers (4-1) at VIKINGS (3-2)

swede700

15 minutes ago, AP_allday2869 said:

Diggs and Easton are out for Sunday.

Injuries are starting to pile up. Losing Diggs hurts. Keenum is better than Bradford at this point, I'm good giving the nod to the healthier option. Losing Easton for Sirles isn't too significant, probably not a big downgrade there. 

Sendejo has been good this year, I'd hate to see him miss this game.

31 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

Injuries are starting to pile up.

That's a little overexaggerated...considering how long it used to take me, just a year ago, to fill out the injury report, they are practically fully healthy.  You can't confuse the significance of injuries with the occurrence of injuries.  This team is pretty healthy.  

1 minute ago, disaacs said:

That's a little overexaggerated...considering how long it used to take me, just a year ago, to fill out the injury report, they are practically fully healthy.  You can't confuse the significance of injuries with the occurrence of injuries.  This team is pretty healthy.  

The team is very healthy relative to the rest of the league. I won't argue that. Though not many teams have lost their starting QB, starting RB and top WR.

With Easton being inactive, Danny Isidora will be active for the first time all season.  With Diggs being inactive, it'll be interesting to see what happens there, whether they will continue to activate Jaleel Johnson again (as Jayron Kearse will certainly be active) or if they activate one of Adams/Coley.  I suspect that it'll be Jaleel, as Tom Johnson has been limited in practice.  

The Vikings and Packers are the featured FOX Game of the Week this Sunday and that usually means fans get three-plus hours of Joe Buck and Troy Aikman on the call. Not this week, though. Buck is gone covering MLB postseason, meaning it'll be Thom Brennaman doing play-by-play. 

Last week, the national TV audience got an extra helping of Buck and Aikman when they called the Packers-Cowboys game. Aikman loves his Cowboys, and everyone knows Buck adores Rodgers to the point of nausea. 

https://www.gomn.com/sports/you-wont-have-to-endure-a-joe-buck-lovefest-for-aaron-rodgers-on-sunday

Ike Taylor, former NFL defensive back and current analyst for NFL.com listed Rhodes at No. 4 in his weekly cornerback rankings. Rhodes was at No. 5 last week. Taylor wrote:

Rhodes had a ‘day off’ against the Bears, as rookie Mitchell Trubisky didn't target him once. If it was my NFL debut, I'd avoid Rhodes, too. A huge divisional matchup against the Packers awaits the Vikings. Rhodes has faced Jordy Nelson just three times since 2014. Nelson missed the entire 2015 with a knee injury, while Rhodes was sidelined with a knee injury in their Week 2 matchup last year. In the three meetings, Rhodes has allowed five catches on 10 targets for 41 yards and recorded three passes defensed. Rhodes will see his fair share of Nelson, but I wouldn't be surprised if he spends most of his time across from Davante Adams, who is playing with a ton of confidence.

Rhodes remains the only NFC North corner on Taylor’s list. Above him at Nos. 1-3, respectively were Denver’s Aqib Talib, Seattle’s Richard Sherman and Arizona’s Patrick Peterson.

http://www.vikings.com/news/lunch-break/article-1/Lunchbreak-Harrison-Smiths-Versatility-Key-in-Vikings-Defense/4a522e2c-2b12-4f98-879c-0153f9ddd677?sf121828931=1

Rodgers is 12-6 with 40 touchdown passes and six interceptions against Minnesota. But the Vikings have won two of the last three meetings, including a five-sack, one-interception performance at the home opener in 2016 during which Rodgers passed for a modest 213 yards in a 17-14 defeat.

http://www.vikings.com/news/lunch-break/article-1/Lunchbreak-Harrison-Smiths-Versatility-Key-in-Vikings-Defense/4a522e2c-2b12-4f98-879c-0153f9ddd677?sf121828931=1

Archived