Week 6: Packers (4-1) at VIKINGS (3-2)

swede700

I don't see us winning this game unless the defense consistently creates havoc, keeping Rodgers from gaining momentum - especially later on. If we leave him an opportunity to win at the end and pad his massive ego even further, he'll take it. The Vikings need to show more heart and a stronger will to win than Dallas did last week.

Some Packers fans think their defense is as good as ours.

And some think its superior coaching that makes GB just as good or not better.

Looking at it.

I'd take Daniels in a heartbeat over Tom Johnson.

I think Kendricks and Martinez are on the same level.

Barr is better than Matthews. Both are having better seasons than last year.

I guess I'd take Griffen and Hunter over Perry and Matthews.

Morgan Burnett over Andrew Sendejo. Smith over Clinton-Dix.

Uhh. I guess Trae Waynes over Davon House? Really neither are special.

Newman and Alexander over Randall and Rollins.

Brice and Jones over Kearse and Harris.

Sound right?

2 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

Looking at it.

Sound right?

i would agree with this. But I do laugh at the packer fans that think their defense is on our level lol.

2 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

Looking at it.

Sound right?

The thing that separates ours though is we have a shutdown corner in Rhodes, which you didn't mention. 

And no mention of Linval, a beast. Whom overall, might be the Vikings best player on defense. 

We have great/near elite players at every level on defense. DL- Linval, Griffen & LB-Barr & DB-  Rhodes, Smith. I personally don't think GB has an elite player on defense outside of Daniels. Matthews used to be and is still very good though. And Haha Dix is good. But I just think our star power outweighs there's. 

46 minutes ago, Eric dunn said:

I personally don't think GB has an elite player on defense outside of Daniels. Matthews used to be and is still very good though. And Haha Dix is good. But I just think our star power outweighs there's. 

we certainly have a better defensive coach also, even GB fans would readily agree to that.

18 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

we certainly have a better defensive coach also, even GB fans would readily agree to that.

But they haven't. One insists that Dom Capers is a better coach than Zimmer.

But seeing who the poster is, its probably better just to ignore their nonsense. I would know this. I say plenty of nonsense too lol

I didn't mention Rhodes and Joseph because there is no competition. I shouldn't have mentioned Mike Daniels in comparison to Johnson.

On 10/13/2017 at 10:34 AM, vike daddy said:

you can't just average all of GB's opponents' stats together like that, you have to look at how those teams were doing prior to playing GB. like this:

In Week 2, GB played Atlanta. the Falcons scored 23 in their first game, but then 34 against GB.

in Week 3, GB played Cincinnati. the Bengals scored 0 and 9 points in their first two games, but then 24 against GB.

in Week 4, GB played Chicago, which will screw up any set of stats, lol.

in Week 5, GB played Dallas. the Cowboys scored 19, 17, and 28 points in their first three games, but then 31 against GB.

GB's opponents have scored more points against GB in their matchups than against their other opponents, that's my only point.

This is a bit disingenuous. Why do we only look at games before and not games after? This is particularly important in the Cincy comparison since their offense turned completely around after firing their coordinator after the first 2 weeks. GBs defense held Cincy to 17 points and Cincy scored 31 and 20 the next two weeks. The Falcons offense also scored 27, not 34.

GB's defense has surrendered the following net points vs their opponent's offensive scoring season averages against non-GB teams: DAL +7, Atlanta +3, Cincy +2, Chicago -2, Seattle -13. 

This is, of course, strictly looking at defensive performance, not overall scoring. Further, all of this data is fully encapsulated in FO's DVOA measurement which has GB currently at 20th and MIN at 16th. So that's the easiest place to look and see how the two defenses compare so far this season.

21 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

Looking at it.

Sound right?

I think Packers fans saying our defense is as good as yours is looking thru green and gold glasses.  Our D is better this year but we still a ways to go and not having Burnett along with Perry wearing a club on his dominate hand isn't good for us.  

17 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

But they haven't. One insists that Dom Capers is a better coach than Zimmer.

But seeing who the poster is, its probably better just to ignore their nonsense. I would know this. I say plenty of nonsense too lol

I didn't mention Rhodes and Joseph because there is no competition. I shouldn't have mentioned Mike Daniels in comparison to Johnson.

So one poster saying silly stuff means "some" Packers fans are thinking this way?  Seriously?   Come on... 

Archived