Week 16 GDT - Arizona Cardinals vs San Francisco 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

13 minutes ago, Forge said:

If we don't get him back....you almost have to go with a mobile QB back there just for their own survival. That offensive line will be so god awful. 

If we for some reason don't bring him back, then you need to take one early in the draft. It's pretty amazing how good he is while the OL is still as bad as it is. 

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

If we for some reason don't bring him back, then you need to take one early in the draft. It's pretty amazing how good he is while the OL is still as bad as it is. 

Yeah, which just murders our defense. And frankly, it's not a really good tackle class imo, especially in the first round...but we know how that position goes, and if you wait until round 2, there's going to be like 5 or 6 already off the board lol

Holy cow so much wrong on the potential big play to Kirk if Murray didn't get sacked. Spoon could have carried the route better, Moore takes Fitzgerald when he should have stayed deep and Harris leaves his zone to pick up post route. Got very lucky on that play. The communication just sucks with Harris at safety. Moore and Ward and Tartt and Ward duos never have these breakdowns. 

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

The communication just sucks with Harris at safety

Underrated part that we haven't actually talked about enough because of his actual on the field play just being bad, but you're 100% right here. Has happened quite a bit in the past lamenting those communication issues when he's in there. 

17 minutes ago, Forge said:

Underrated part that we haven't actually talked about enough because of his actual on the field play just being bad, but you're 100% right here. Has happened quite a bit in the past lamenting those communication issues when he's in there. 

He actually did some solid things this game but these types of breakdowns happened so much last season when Tartt was out. All they had to do was plug in Moore but kept Harris in when the defense was starting to break down.

Now to Verrett, what kind of deal is he expected to get this offseason? Super injury prone but legit is playing top 5-10 ball this year.

Textbook.

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

Now to Verrett, what kind of deal is he expected to get this offseason? Super injury prone but legit is playing top 5-10 ball this year.

I think I'm open to giving him the Jimmie Ward deal. I don't know if he's willing to accept that though. I don't think that teams are going to be lining up to guarantee more than a year. Ward was guaranteed 13million...so unless someone is offering him more than 13 million on a single year deal, which I doubt, I Think that this is a reasonable place to be. 

3 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

And they will end up taking all the cap space this offseason. Oh well, two elite players and they deserve to get paid big bucks. 

Warner's won't be that bad. Best guess is that his base stays the same and we give him the extension to get the signing bonus proration going, but that will be the only addition to his cap hit. We will fully guarantee 2022 and 2023 or something. Signing bonus at max is probably something like 40 million (and that's probably unlikely), spread over 5 years makes his cap hit a little over 8 million more for next year. But I'd guess that its probably closer to something like 25 million with 22 / 23 roster bonuses fully guaranteed, etc. If the signing bonus is 25M, his cap hit next year will be around 6 or so. 2022 he'll have the stud cap hit 

• Like 1

Just now, Forge said:

I think I'm open to giving him the Jimmie Ward deal. I don't know if he's willing to accept that though. I don't think that teams are going to be lining up to guarantee more than a year. Ward was guaranteed 13million...so unless someone is offering him more than 13 million on a single year deal, which I doubt, I Think that this is a reasonable place to be. 

Oh yeah, that would be a pretty sweet deal. My fear is the scenario you listed where a team gives him a two year deal for around 13-14M a year but only the first year is guaranteed. Not sure we will want to go that high but he needs to return. You can then draft a corner and retain Moseley and are pretty decent at that position. 

If Spoon has another good game against Seattle, some team (cough cough Seattle), may be willing to give him 4-5M per year.