Week 6 GDT: Jacksonville Jaguars (3-2) VS Los Angeles Rams (3-2)

.Buzz

1 minute ago, Jaguarfan said:

not smart, especially given that we have mods on this forum (FF, not jags board) who have openly wished for players to get ALS who faced no consequence. 

Haven't seen that. But honestly, if they have, how the hell did they not get in trouble for that?

There should be absolutely no tolerance for people like that.

Just now, iPwn said:

I’m completely certain I have never seen a team actually do this before, despite all the announcers always bringing it up as an option. To see this team be the one to do it, with a Kicker that insanely bad is just amazing. 

eh I'd be alright with it if we were within 40, maybe 45 if Myers weren't atrocious

54? lol

1 minute ago, iPwn said:

I’m completely certain I have never seen a team actually do this before, despite all the announcers always bringing it up as an option. To see this team be the one to do it, with a Kicker that insanely bad is just amazing. 

Hate me all you want, but I didn't see us taking this either way. Watching Myers miss by a mile made me feel even more satisfied/certain we'll move on from that bum.

He seems like a good guy, but I'm done. You can't keep missing kicks/PAT's and expect to stay on a roster. I was ready for an implosion so we could finally move on. Have a hard time believing that isn't the case after this showing.

QB is bad

Receivers are bad

Kicker is bad

Coaching is not good (won’t go so far as to say they’re bad, but they haven’t shown to be good on a consistent basis either)

Also, while y'all's secondary is great, your DL is really underrated. Nobody has pressured Goff like y'all did today this year. And we've played some talented DLs. Y'all are probably too fast for your own good in the run game (we were gashing you when you overpursued), but your DL is a great pass rushing unit. Yannick was giving Whitworth issues on inside moves, and Calais is a monster still. He was a great signing. I won't be surprised if y'all are in the playoff hunt. You just got clean up some of the mistakes that young teams make.

2 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Haven't seen that. But honestly, if they have, how the hell did they not get in trouble for that?

There should be absolutely no tolerance for people like that.

If it’s the situation I think it was, a lot went down behind the scenes and the mod still hasn’t exactly regained their position in the pecking order after it.

Just now, iPwn said:

QB is bad

Receivers are bad

Kicker is bad

Coaching is not good (won’t go so far as to say they’re bad, but they haven’t shown to be good on a consistent basis either)

Ehh, I'm not going to hammer it on Hackett when they went into this season with everyone on board with treating Blake like he has. I agree that he's better off going all out and airing it out, but we're 3-3 (one loss where our ST gave up 17 points while missing a FG, AND a game with Benn/Lee handing the win to NYJ) which has been our best start in how long? They committed to treating Bortles like a check off/no risk guy, and so far we're getting much better results than we've gotten letting Blake air it out.

Last drive, sure, I'd rather see us take chances because what do we have to lose? But the rest of the game? Meh. I'm not into seeing 16-20+ interception Bortles who gives up several pick sixes a season again. Ride Fournette, get 3rd and short, do dump offs, let the defense go HAM, and whatever happens, happens.

1 minute ago, iPwn said:

If it’s the situation I think it was, a lot went down behind the scenes and the mod still hasn’t exactly regained their position in the pecking order after it.

hey he still has global mod status, can't be doing that bad

12 minutes ago, iPwn said:

10/20 for 120 (6.0 YPA), 68.75 QB rating against soft coverage that let the receivers run wide open far more than we have let anybody run around. He missed a lot of wide open guys. Only thing that even lets the box score look respectable is a 4 yard shovel pass.

I know I won't change your mind. I'm just not upset with what happened today considering the pressure y'all were getting and the coverage in your secondary. Goff is a young QB who is still growing. I think he did a good job today of avoiding major mistakes against a defense that feasts on them. He missed a couple deep balls by a hair that might have made a huge difference in the game, but he also made some key throws in big moments. It wasn't a good performance, but it was a good enough performance for me.

1 minute ago, jrry32 said:

Also, while y'all's secondary is great, your DL is really underrated. Nobody has pressured Goff like y'all did today this year. And we've played some talented DLs. Y'all are probably too fast for your own good in the run game (we were gashing you when you overpursued), but your DL is a great pass rushing unit. Yannick was giving Whitworth issues on inside moves, and Calais is a monster still. He was a great signing. I won't be surprised if y'all are in the playoff hunt. You just got clean up some of the mistakes that young teams make.

Part of the problem with that is that guys kinda get placed “out of position” to allow them to rush the passer better.

For example, Fowler is really bad rushing the passer as a RE, but he’s a good run defender from that side. We put him at LE because he can actually beat up on RTs to get okay pressure, but he’s overmatched when it gets to the run game. Ngakouye is the same type of thing playing at RE, just a really good pass rusher, but doesn’t have the run stopping skill there.

Just now, iPwn said:

Part of the problem with that is that guys kinda get placed “out of position” to allow them to rush the passer better.

For example, Fowler is really bad rushing the passer as a RE, but he’s a good run defender from that side. We put him at LE because he can actually beat up on RTs to get okay pressure, but he’s overmatched when it gets to the run game. Ngakouye is the same type of thing playing at RE, just a really good pass rusher, but doesn’t have the run stopping skill there.

Doesn't help that although Abry is a solid player, he isn't a run stuffer like Big Roy was and it's clearly causing big problems up front. We need to get that big guy next year to fill in that spot that Roy occupied.

Ankou has had some flashes, wouldn't mind seeing him in there a bit more too.

6 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

It wasn't a good performance, but it was a good enough performance for me.

I get what you mean. If you already view him positively, there wasn’t too much that happened that could have changed that.

But for someone who didn’t believe in him coming out of college, thought his rookie season was a disaster, nothing he did really elevated himself out of that either. A turnover aside (which arguably could have come from the shot to Watkins had Bouye had a bit better handle on it), he did basically what I expected; low completion percentage, low YPC and leaned on Gurley.

6 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Doesn't help that although Abry is a solid player, he isn't a run stuffer like Big Roy was and it's clearly causing big problems up front.

I kinda feel vindicated. But also disappointed.

Archived