The Dirty Dozen Dynasty league (Discussion thread)

sammymvpknight

1 hour ago, SaveOurSonics said:

@sammymvpknight Random question for you. 

Are we able to draft a 4th QB if in turn we are either trading/dropping a QB before the conclusion of the draft? 

I’m going to have to say no on that one. You can’t drop players from your roster during the draft. If you want to trade do so beforehand. I don’t want to run into the problem of people drafting a 4th QB and forcing other teams to use FAAB because they missed out. 

The only loophole I could imagine is by putting an injured or inactive QB into your IR slot. Though I’ve never tested it, I don’t think that IR players count toward the limit. But I’m going to leave that up to ESPN. 

3 hours ago, sammymvpknight said:

I’m going to have to say no on that one. You can’t drop players from your roster during the draft. If you want to trade do so beforehand. I don’t want to run into the problem of people drafting a 4th QB and forcing other teams to use FAAB because they missed out. 

The only loophole I could imagine is by putting an injured or inactive QB into your IR slot. Though I’ve never tested it, I don’t think that IR players count toward the limit. But I’m going to leave that up to ESPN. 

Can you move guys to IR during the draft?

1 hour ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Can you move guys to IR during the draft?

Let’s just abide by the roster limits during the draft. If ESPN allows you to pickup a 4th QB after the draft by all means go ahead. But I don’t think that live drafts would allow you to violate the roster limits during the draft, and I’m not a big fan of contingencies/exceptions from a commissioner’s side of things. It just becomes difficult to regulate and standardize. 

Edited by sammymvpknight

4 hours ago, sammymvpknight said:

Let’s just abide by the roster limits during the draft. If ESPN allows you to pickup a 4th QB after the draft by all means go ahead. But I don’t think that live drafts would allow you to violate the roster limits during the draft, and I’m not a big fan of contingencies/exceptions from a commissioner’s side of things. It just becomes difficult to regulate and standardize. 

Sounds good. Im in no hurry to add more since the keeper limit is 2 just was curious bc of Kyler

6 hours ago, SaveOurSonics said:

Know who I’m taking here but waiting to hear back from someone first.

Gus was not the guy I was referencing when I made this post 😂

Last second change of heart as I assessed things. Dobbins weird, unwarranted holdout smells bad & Gus Edwards is already one of the most talented backup RBs in the league on an offense that should be better this year. Should anything happen to JK, Gus would be a screaming value.