The Dirty Dozen Dynasty league (Discussion thread)

sammymvpknight

On 9/12/2023 at 5:42 PM, WE-R-Lions said:

I feel with the amount of work it would take at this point in time to change the setting back to the way they were last year (IF the site would even allow it) is probably not worth it

These settings are clunky at best but workable.....for this year.

It would require zero work on your part to switch platforms considering deathstar is offering to do that work. 

The only lift for you is downloading the app. I don’t see the downside if it improves the way the league is run. I’m also very familiar with Sleeper and can help. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, SaveOurSonics said:

Since when did waivers run on Tuesday morning..? 

I’ve never been in a league that did that. Went to put a claim in on Kyren & saw he got swooped the day before for $2 🤦🏻‍♂️

Yeah…I wish I could change it but simply can’t. I was shocked to get Kyren at $2. That’s all I had to spend because I’m broke after bidding for Musgrave. 

22 hours ago, sammymvpknight said:

Yeah…I wish I could change it but simply can’t. I was shocked to get Kyren at $2. That’s all I had to spend because I’m broke after bidding for Musgrave. 

I imagine it's because most people didn't know we had to put in bids Monday night. Don't hate the rule but it certainly would've been nice to know. No way Kyren should've went for $2. 

On 8/21/2023 at 9:35 AM, WE-R-Lions said:

Wavers

As you may have noticed our waver system change form last year. The current settings only allow us to use the wavers to pk up players No FA's adds. The only fix is to re-set the draft again & add drafted players... @sammymvpknight & I don't feel like re-doing it again.

We will re-visit wavers next year.

Take note: we changed wavers to run every mourning at 3:00am. So you can put in a waver 2 days prior to a game day, if your not successful it will give you one more round of wavers before game day to fill a starting roster spot.

NFL Game days are - Thu, (black Fri), Sat, Sun, Mon. 

Just a bump

2 hours ago, SaveOurSonics said:

I imagine it's because most people didn't know we had to put in bids Monday night. Don't hate the rule but it certainly would've been nice to know. No way Kyren should've went for $2. 

Lol honestly I never seem to know the rules because everything is different from league to league so I just bid early to be safe

Alright we gotta figure this out. 

This is the 2nd week I’ve went to set waivers after the MNF games and it tells me my players are locked into the lineup. I can’t make any bids. 

Literally lost Kyren Williams because of this last week & now losing Hunter Henry this week because of it. I don’t wanna ***** & moan in a free league, but these moves are potentially long term in a dynasty league & our crazy weird league settings and refusal to switch platforms is really taking away from the competitiveness of this. I literally input bids of $30+ for Kyren AND Henry only to watch both go for $1. Very frustrating. 

I managed to sneak this screenshot in before midnight to show what I've been seeing. Lineups locked, just as if games are still going on. This is exactly what it looks like throughout the duration of Monday afternoon/night. Players are then able to be dropped after midnight, but by then some of you have somehow managed to place $1 bids on the top FAs. 

0?ui=2&ik=f0901df87b&attid=0.1&permmsgid=msg-a:r458457265879886967&th=18aac445683af21a&view=fimg&fur=ip&sz=s0-l75-ft&attbid=ANGjdJ9NLuERdZPfNJZm8viT1ZgyDQcq0F07FSASZzYYIb2Y6SN9yGTmPtiVpwvg7KTjIn2quHh1UBCpvNEZknWstcR_yyjE3btBseqRcJzsXBh33m34QWZIVvHrv2E&disp=emb&realattid=18aac43eb871d59b7601

Edited by SaveOurSonics

4 hours ago, SaveOurSonics said:

This is the 2nd week I’ve went to set waivers after the MNF games and it tells me my players are locked into the lineup. I can’t make any bids. 

Literally lost Kyren Williams because of this last week & now losing Hunter Henry this week because of it. I don’t wanna ***** & moan in a free league, but these moves are potentially long term in a dynasty league & our crazy weird league settings and refusal to switch platforms is really taking away from the competitiveness of this. I literally input bids of $30+ for Kyren AND Henry only to watch both go for $1. Very frustrating. 

I managed to sneak this screenshot in before midnight to show what I've been seeing. Lineups locked, just as if games are still going on. This is exactly what it looks like throughout the duration of Monday afternoon/night. Players are then able to be dropped after midnight, but by then some of you have somehow managed to place $1 bids on the top FAs. 

0?ui=2&ik=f0901df87b&attid=0.1&permmsgid=msg-a:r458457265879886967&th=18aac445683af21a&view=fimg&fur=ip&sz=s0-l75-ft&attbid=ANGjdJ9NLuERdZPfNJZm8viT1ZgyDQcq0F07FSASZzYYIb2Y6SN9yGTmPtiVpwvg7KTjIn2quHh1UBCpvNEZknWstcR_yyjE3btBseqRcJzsXBh33m34QWZIVvHrv2E&disp=emb&realattid=18aac43eb871d59b7601

I understand your frustration. I’m sorry our current platform sucks. It’s inflexible and does an awful job of tracking dynasty changes. There are platforms that track things such as future draft picks. ESPN has had years to adapt to dynasty, but it hasn’t. It’s the same system that has existed since I started fantasy a couple decades ago. 

But I don’t know why the system would affect you more than others. I doubt the system is discriminating toward you. Everyone has to deal with this same crappy waiver setup. 

I understand WE-R-lions concern about moving right now. It’s not easy commissioning a league with a platform like ESPN…we’ve been track changing in a very active league, and this should be a time for a breather for us where we can finally just focus on having fun running our teams. If you are wondering why I’m so angry right now…it’s because this is exhausting and I want a break. Time is my most valued commodity, and I don’t think I’m willing to invest any more of it on this issue right now. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, SaveOurSonics said:

Can't open the screen shot....

in order to place a wavier claim for Tue you need to have an open roster spot or pk a player to drop on your roster that hasn't played his game.

Not sure about: (Players are then able to be dropped after midnight)?

5 hours ago, WE-R-Lions said:

in order to place a wavier claim for Tue you need to have an open roster spot or pk a player to drop on your roster that hasn't played his game.

Not sure about: (Players are then able to be dropped after midnight)?

It'd help to be able to see the screenshot of course, but on the image it's showing me attempting to add / bid on Hunter Henry, and when it takes me to the "Who do you choose to drop" screen, all of the players are marked as LOCKED as if Monday night games are being played. 

6 hours ago, sammymvpknight said:

But I don’t know why the system would affect you more than others. I doubt the system is discriminating toward you. Everyone has to deal with this same crappy waiver setup.

I don't think ESPN is out to get me. I just think something about our league settings is very funky & perhaps not playing well with ESPN's standard league formats. I'm not sure why this setting was manually changed this year? We've never had this issue in the past & ESPN's standard format is the one we've always used. Somehow had to have manually updated it from standard Wednesday waivers to "hey waivers run a few hours after MNF, good luck". 

6 hours ago, sammymvpknight said:

I understand WE-R-lions concern about moving right now. It’s not easy commissioning a league with a platform like ESPN…we’ve been track changing in a very active league, and this should be a time for a breather for us where we can finally just focus on having fun running our teams. If you are wondering why I’m so angry right now…it’s because this is exhausting and I want a break. Time is my most valued commodity, and I don’t think I’m willing to invest any more of it on this issue right now. 

Ya don't stress it's a free league between strangers haha. I have been fun managing my team and reworking it to *hopefully* be a contender next year. Takes a ton of fun out of it when everything is going as it should & you can't do simple things like bid FAAB on free agents. 

Am I gonna go the whole season without being able to bid FAAB...? lol