The Dirty Dozen Dynasty league (Discussion thread)

sammymvpknight

8 hours ago, SaveOurSonics said:

It’s not letting me make a waiver claim :) 

can I just DM one of the commissioners my bid on a player…? @sammymvpknight @WE-R-Lions

That’s fine by me. I’ll even do you a solid and promise not to put a bid on the player you are bidding for. I don’t have any money left anyway lol

Edited by sammymvpknight

3 hours ago, nagahide13 said:

This might be poor form so quickly in my ownership, but I feel like @SaveOurSonics probably did not intend to drop Breece Hall. Am I wrong? If I'm wrong I'm using my entire claim budget hahaha

Not a mistake. 

This silly league doesn’t let me do waivers on the first day they run & the LMs can’t think of a solution so I dropped the only 2 players it would let me drop (they were on bye). 

Btw, I don’t want to drop Mingo either & I’d like Minshew on my team (you can have the $14 FAAB). I actually want to drop Penny & Henry from my team now that everyone’s available to be dropped 😇 

20 minutes ago, SaveOurSonics said:

Not a mistake. 

This silly league doesn’t let me do waivers on the first day they run & the LMs can’t think of a solution so I dropped the only 2 players it would let me drop (they were on bye). 

Btw, I don’t want to drop Mingo either & I’d like Minshew on my team (you can have the $14 FAAB). I actually want to drop Penny & Henry from my team now that everyone’s available to be dropped 😇 

Everyone is playing with the same quriterea when it comes to wavers. If you wanted to use Penny & Henry in the wavers you needed to put the waiver claim in before they played their games.

I can reset the other waver claim so you can use Penny & Henry if you like?

26 minutes ago, WE-R-Lions said:

Everyone is playing with the same quriterea when it comes to wavers. If you wanted to use Penny & Henry in the wavers you needed to put the waiver claim in before they played their games.

I can reset the other waver claim so you can use Penny & Henry if you like?

And it's absolutely bogus criteria, as we've discussed ad nauseam. 

I'd greatly appreciate resetting both waiver claims & dropping Penny & Henry. 

12 minutes ago, SaveOurSonics said:

I'll reset the waver claim, if you want to drop Penny & Henry that's up to you.

• Like 1

Any win-now team looking for a relatively cheap plug-and-play WR, I will also consider offers for Joshua Palmer in addition to DK Metcalf. 

Know that I know that Mike Williams is effectively in a contract year with LA ($32m+ cap hit next year at 31yo) & Quentin Johnston hasn't shown any signs of life, so I'm not treating him as a half-year rental in a dope offense. 

1 hour ago, SaveOurSonics said:

I don't get why its bogus criteria.  Waivers process everyday, however they don't work for the next week until after all games have been played.  You can add someone on Monday with the intent of needing someone for the Monday night game.  If you don't need them for that game, wait until Tuesday to put the claim in.  We all are doing that and have always done that.  Why is it a big deal and what is bogus about it.  If any of us wanted whoever you picked up, we would have had to drop someone on bye week or someone from the MN/SF game to get them prior to today.  

8 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

I don't get why its bogus criteria.  Waivers process everyday, however they don't work for the next week until after all games have been played.  You can add someone on Monday with the intent of needing someone for the Monday night game.  If you don't need them for that game, wait until Tuesday to put the claim in.  We all are doing that and have always done that.  Why is it a big deal and what is bogus about it.  If any of us wanted whoever you picked up, we would have had to drop someone on bye week or someone from the MN/SF game to get them prior to today.  

Because we aren't talking about mid-week pickups (lumping Monday adds into that). 

We're talking about the standard opening slate of waivers. Which usually run on Wednesday mornings in every other league on this good earth. There's no reason -- after all of the weeks games have been played -- that only certain teams should be able to bid on the top crop of FAs that week. Kyren Williams went for $1 FAAB because virtually no one else could bid. How is that not an issue?