The Florida Gators thread

Scalamania

8 hours ago, Remixxxxxxx said:

Bummer - would've liked to keep him around; though, Chad Scott would be a good replacement. 

If we end up with NPF, Boykin, Chatfiled and Silvera I'll be over the moon - hell of a finish if it ends up like that. 

Silvera will be tough after losing Seider (not that it was easy before).

Edited by jrry32

2 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Silvera will be tough after losing Seider (not that it was easy before).

Despite being listed as Silvera's primary recruiter, Seider wasn't really recruiting him towards the end. It was all Grantham and Sunseri. I think a flip is still a longshot, but losing Seider probably doesn't change anything there (same with Copeland, he's listed as his PR, but Mullen and Gonzales are recruiting him). 

2 hours ago, eggybucsfan31 said:

Despite being listed as Silvera's primary recruiter, Seider wasn't really recruiting him towards the end. It was all Grantham and Sunseri. I think a flip is still a longshot, but losing Seider probably doesn't change anything there (same with Copeland, he's listed as his PR, but Mullen and Gonzales are recruiting him). 

Silvera had a good relationship with Seider. I'm just telling you what one of the most reliable recruiting insiders said. Also, bad news on Richard Gouraige, he won't be visiting this weekend. They're trying to get him in for next weekend, but this is not good. Clemson is in his ear.

7 minutes ago, eggybucsfan31 said:

The entire offensive staff (sans Scott) went in-home with Copeland tonight. If he lands elsewhere, it won't be for lack of trying. 

You never know with Bama lurking, but Florida insiders seem very confident that Copeland is a Gator.

1 hour ago, jrry32 said:

You never know with Bama lurking, but Florida insiders seem very confident that Copeland is a Gator.

Wouldn't be surprised. From what I've read Bama's top 2 WR targets are Ross and Waddle. So even with heavy recruiting of Copeland if he feels like 2nd choice he may prefer somewhere he is first.

3 hours ago, Remixxxxxxx said:

Seems likely MSU Commit Griffin McDowell will end up a gator. Has some potential to be  a versatile player on the inside of the OL. 

Also, all signs point to Boykin to UF - big get. 

Gouraige also changed his mind and will visit this weekend. That's very good news for us.

2 hours ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

God Mullen is proving me wrong about him.

He's recruiting a lot better than I expected, and I already thought highly of him as a coach. I'm so glad we passed on Taggart.

Okay, update on NPF and Gouraige, we're in the lead on Gouraige. If we have a good visit, he likely ends up here. It's 50/50 right now. We're way behind on NPF. We basically need a perfect visit. This information is coming from a very reliable source.