The Florida Gators thread

Scalamania

36 minutes ago, eggybucsfan31 said:

Honestly, it sounds like McElwain left behind a more toxic program than Meyer did, which is just baffling. 

I think it's a lot worse then most of us outsiders thought - we all had an idea that the program would need a face-lift but I think an overall culture change is needed and that's going to take a while. 

35 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Sounds like some of these kids need to be introduced to the bench.

Agreed - these guys need a reality check. Clearly we're not as good as some of these players believe. 

• Like 1

I hate to be super knee jerky but this is the saddest state UF football has been in - at least that I can remember. The damage that Mac did to this program is devastating - the talent is not there (and is not even close), they all seem like entitled babies and now Mullen is stuck trying to pick up the pieces.  

I don't think anyone here has a problem with Mullen but I see a lot of folks on twitter/other message boards slamming him. Any coach would have trouble here - that includes Frost, Kelly and Stoops. It doesn't matter. 

"Mac, he was letting a lot players get away with a lot of stuff," Lemons said. "Mullen came in. He was really strict with the rules."

Lemons said Mullen told him to either go to a rehab program or lose his spot on the team. Lemons agreed to go to Gainesville's Florida Recovery Center over the summer. That's the same program Browns receiver Josh Gordon attended.

https://www.tampabay.com/sports/florida-gators/2018/09/12/why-florida-gators-adarius-lemons-announced-his-transfer-after-kentucky-loss/?template=amp&__twitter_impression=true

Just the beginning of this IMO - assume we'll see a lot more players bailing in the coming weeks. 

• Like 2

Man, we are so low right now. get the crap from Mac out of here as quick as possible and rebuild us back to the promise land. Could happen quickly I believe. Lots of growing pains though. That game Saturday was exactly like last year. Crappy oline, Crappy QB, slow RBs, bad LBs....**** tackling. Way too much of a Mac imprint still on this team. Jettison it ASAP and we will be in good shape imo

9 hours ago, The Orca said:

Man, we are so low right now. get the crap from Mac out of here as quick as possible and rebuild us back to the promise land. Could happen quickly I believe. Lots of growing pains though. That game Saturday was exactly like last year. Crappy oline, Crappy QB, slow RBs, bad LBs....**** tackling. Way too much of a Mac imprint still on this team. Jettison it ASAP and we will be in good shape imo

I can't see it happening quickly. Way too many issues (talent, culture, entitlement) for it to be a quick fix. 

It's just amazing to me that there's any entitlement whatsoever in that locker room. Back when Muschamp took over, I could at least rationalize it due to the success of the Meyer era, but now? What the hell have some of these players done other than get pistol whipped by Alabama twice in the SEC Championship? 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, eggybucsfan31 said:

It's just amazing to me that there's any entitlement whatsoever in that locker room. Back when Muschamp took over, I could at least rationalize it due to the success of the Meyer era, but now? What the hell have some of these players done other than get pistol whipped by Alabama twice in the SEC Championship? 

I have to think that the lack of accountability by Mac and Co have a lot to do with it but you're right, there's no reason for anyone in this program to feel entitled. 

Just now, Scalamania said:

We lost to Kentucky bro - I know you haven't been a UF fan long enough to understand what that means but slow your role. 

If you want to suck FSU's peepee, go to the FSU thread to do it. I come from generations of Gators, you fool. We're not good, but we're better than FSU. And we'll prove that this year. Kentucky sucked. Franks still sucks. It'll be a long year, but we're headed in the right direction because we hired the better coach. 

5 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

If you want to suck FSU's peepee, go to the FSU thread to do it. I come from generations of Gators, you fool. We're not good, but we're better than FSU. And we'll prove that this year. Kentucky sucked. Franks still sucks. It'll be a long year, but we're headed in the right direction because we hired the better coach. 

Lol stay mad bro - 5 years ago you were defending SC, I've been defending this school my whole life. Keep coming at me though, I love it. 

Just now, Scalamania said:

Lol stay mad bro - 5 years ago you were defending SC, I've been defending this school my whole life. Keep coming at me though, I love it. 

I'll still defend SC (well, not right now because of Muschamp). I have degrees from SC and UF. I went to SC because of Spurrier. I grew up a Gator going to games at the Swamp. I will come at you when you defend FSU's Head Coach. I'm going to enjoy the hell out of how much he sucks. If you can't do that, you don't belong in this thread, because you're not defending this school. In fact, after I shat on FSU's HC, you shat on our team. So don't tell me you were defending jackshiot. If you keep defending FSU's crappy coach, I'll keep coming at you.