BDL Discussion Thread 2021

Jlash

5 minutes ago, MD4L said:

In hindsight, I should’ve taken Eric Stokes 16th overall. He reminds me of Nnamdi Asomugha right now.

Greg Newsome is also really good so far.

We should do a redraft! (not a real one) But someone should post who they think each team should have taken instead or kept the same or who they would have to take at their spot because their original pick was picked before them.

1 minute ago, MD4L said:

Surtain has been better then expected and the expectations were relatively high. I will very likely always be a fan of the player. His dad was one of my favorite Dolphins during my childhood.

He is so technically sound. Even on that DeVonta TD his coverage was great. DeVonta just made the play.

Just now, Scoundrel said:

He is so technically sound. Even on that DeVonta TD his coverage was great. DeVonta just made the play.

DeVonta and him likely know each other very well. I’d wager that used to happen at Bama practice on a regular basis

• Like 1

My corner rankings were:

Surtain

Horn

Samuel

Stokes

Farley

Newsome

Newsome has clearly played better than I expected but it’s a great group overall. 

Looking further I then had

Kelvin Joseph

Adebo

Campbell

Tre Brown at 85

Shaun Wade at 91 (flier for if he played in the slot my how far he fell from beginning of the year rankings) 

And then I didn’t rank anymore.

• Like 1

Just now, MD4L said:

I didn’t draft for need but all our guys got injured and we still had a need at CB.

Still overall excited about Etienne. I think he’ll be very solid day one for him. Let’s hope it’s at RB and not WR.

They need to can Urban and then I am sure it will be at RB. 

Just now, Scoundrel said:

My corner rankings were:

Surtain

Horn

Samuel

Stokes

Farley

Newsome

Newsome has clearly played better than I expected but it’s a great group overall. 

Don’t get me started on Asante lol. I do feel a little justified bc Farley was a stray away guy. Definitely had talent but his body has betrayed him.

• Like 2

My BB says

1. Surtain

2. Horn

3. Farley

4. Samuel

5. Stokes

6. Campbell

7. Newsome

In other news we definitely did not use a big board for the COVID draft.

My actual thought process was

1. Horn 
2. Surtain
3. Stokes
4. Newsome
5. Farley 
6. Samuel
7. Campbell 

1 minute ago, MD4L said:

My BB says

1. Surtain

2. Horn

3. Farley

4. Samuel

5. Stokes

6. Campbell

7. Newsome

In other news we definitely did not use a big board for the COVID draft.

My actual thought process was

1. Horn 
2. Surtain
3. Stokes
4. Newsome
5. Farley 
6. Samuel
7. Campbell 

Almost went Horn instead of DeVonta. Even though I had planned to go Waddle or DeVonta after I took Surtain. The thought became do I want to pair Surtain and my other corners with Horn or pair Chase and my other receivers with Smith. Clearly I went Smith. 

2 minutes ago, MD4L said:

At this point, I would put Stokes over Surtain. I forgot about Jaycee Horn.

Another athletic freak. Honestly, the Falcons would’ve been better off taking him then Kyle Pitts bc positional value.

I wouldn’t. And I am a UGA fan. But Stokes has been great. But we all have opinions. He was definitely a steal for Rags at that draft position. 

1 minute ago, Scoundrel said:

Almost went Horn instead of DeVonta. Even though I had planned to go Waddle or DeVonta after I took Surtain. The thought became do I want to pair Surtain and my other corners with Horn or pair Chase and my other receivers with Smith. Clearly I went Smith. 

I am normally anti WR top 10 unless it’s a physical specimen like Julio. Smith, Waddle, and obviously Chase have done well to disprove that. I feel comfortable saying 5 years from now we’ll all agree Eric Stokes should’ve been a top 10 pick. He’ll be that good IMO.

Gregory Rosseau is a sleeper for eventual super steal too.

1 minute ago, Scoundrel said:

I wouldn’t. And I am a UGA fan. But Stokes has been great. But we all have opinions. He was definitely a steal for Rags at that draft position. 

4.25 speed? Athletic length? Experience playing all levels of secondary?

Sign me up. Nnamdi Asomugha 2.0 before Philadelphia.