BDL Discussion Thread 2021

Jlash

1 minute ago, Blue said:

If anything, I am overvaluing him as a career backup. He has done absolutely nothing through two and a half years to show he can win games at the NFL level without everything going right around him.

Ok...I was right there with you until this year.  

1 minute ago, ny92mike said:

LOL...I'm good man.  

You don't think he's worth it, I do.  All there is to it.  I still sleep good at night....haha.

I just feel bad for people who talk themselves into their bad quarterback. There is a much higher chance your next quarterback is better than Daniel Jones than there is that he's worse.

This draft class ain't the one so the Giants have at least 1 more year of figuring it out with him.

I don't think its out of the question that he at some stage becomes what Tannehill is now. Is that the guy you build your franchise around? Different q.

• Like 2

Just now, WFLukic said:

This draft class ain't the one so the Giants have at least 1 more year of figuring it out with him.

I don't think its out of the question that he at some stage becomes what Tannehill is now. Is that the guy you build your franchise around? Different q.

Don't disagree, but you're doing yourself a disservice by not at least trying. I think the Giants are probably in position to grab Malik Willis, although who knows what happens between now and April. I really don't see another QB I would hang my hat on in this class so far though, and I'm not super high on Willis either.

Just now, Blue said:

I just feel bad for people who talk themselves into their bad quarterback. There is a much higher chance your next quarterback is better than Daniel Jones than there is that he's worse.

Don't feel bad for me.  He's not the worst one on the field and he isn't the best one on the field.  

I know if I was the new GM coming in, I wouldn't be using our first rounder on a quarterback., that's all I'm saying.

1 minute ago, ny92mike said:

Don't feel bad for me.  He's not the worst one on the field and he isn't the best one on the field. 

I would argue that's the absolute worst place to be as a franchise. It's like being a perennial 5-seed in the NBA. Not good enough to go anywhere, not bad enough to force a change.

Although that's maybe a bit generous to Daniel Jones and his career 10-24 record. Not a lot of winning there across 2.5 seasons.

2 minutes ago, WFLukic said:

I wouldn't have drafted him, if we're being honest.  Josh Allen would have been my pick...haha.

You're right now is not the year to be drafting QB.  Not only is the value not there but this GM put our cap in bad shape so we'll be relying on the draft to fill big needs at the offensive line and def. edge, two positions the warrant first round picks, if you're projecting them to start.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Blue said:

I would argue that's the absolute worst place to be as a franchise. It's like being a perennial 5-seed in the NBA. Not good enough to go anywhere, not bad enough to force a change.

Although that's maybe a bit generous to Daniel Jones and his career 10-24 record. Not a lot of winning there across 2.5 seasons.

Good lord you still going on about this.  It's an opinion, where did you get your crystal ball?  

Just now, ny92mike said:

Good lord you still going on about this.  It's an opinion, where did you get your crystal ball?  

10 minutes ago, Blue said:

31 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

I actually like how D. Jones has been playing these past weeks.  He's put the offense on his shoulders and is doing a pretty solid job of holding it down.

• No offensive line
  • No receivers
  • No S. Barkley
  • Poor play calling by the OC
  • Poor coaching by the HC

As for the GM he should have been fired two seasons ago.  With a new GM comes a new coaching staff and at times a new quarterback, I just hope that the new front office keeps Jones.  I really believe he's earned it.

New York Giants Draft GIF by Bose

• Like 3