Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie potentially available?

titans0021

41 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Bowman is the block. That is someone we should be looking at.

He's a shell of his former self, if even that. Unless he wants to come here to be the 4th string ILB and restructure his contract to reflect that, I'd hard pass on him.

1 minute ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Well he's released now and that shell is still 10x the player Williamson is.

Williamson has been lackluster this year but I think you'd be surprised if you watched just how bad Bowman has been. It's not been pretty for him. Injuries have really taken their toll.

1 minute ago, TitanLegend said:

Williamson has been lackluster this year but I think you'd be surprised if you watched just how bad Bowman has been. It's not been pretty for him. Injuries have really taken their toll.

I've watched him. This isn't a name thing for me. I don't want to add a guy just because he's a name. He's better than Williamson who is flat out garbage.

It really is crazy how far Williamson has fallen off this year. If anything I thought this would be the year that he would really turn it on with it being a contract year and all. He's looked terrible in every aspect while Woodyard is playing at a Pro Bowl level right now. Never would have been able to call that one.

31 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

We heard so much about Williamson this offseason. At this point, I don't know if he's worth giving another contract to 

Agreed. After hearing about his increased athleticism, I had hope that we were going to see some improvement in coverage out of him. Instead he seems to be the same player against the pass and has taken a step back in the run game. I wouldn't mind keeping him around as a pure thumper who works in a rotation with Brown, but I think the pure bulk tackle numbers and his age are going to be enough for him to price himself well beyond his actual worth.

Which is sad, because I really like Avery.

With that said, I have absolutely no interest in Bowman. He's a shell of his former self and would add nothing to the pass defense at this point. I don't think he's any better than Williamson, and Williamson has a higher ceiling than a broken down Bowman.

Archived