Horror Movie Mafia Sign up and Game thread

bcb1213

25 minutes ago, domepatrol91 said:

What made you say james is vanilla?

Because that's what my power is....anyone who visits or attacks me either gets killed or turned into a vanilla civ.

It never states that it is dependent on who the attacker or visitor is. It actually says it's random. 

Guys I screwed up!

I got my wiki role definition and my PM slightly mixed up. 

In the wiki explanation it says people will either die or turn to vanilla townie

In my PM it just says Vanilla, doesn't say townie afterwards 

So a Mafia could still be alive but jist lose his powers I guess. 

Sorry

On 10/17/2017 at 8:38 PM, Pats#1 said:

I'm evil aligned however I'm also dangerous to everyone, including evil aligned.

On 10/17/2017 at 8:39 PM, james.mcmurry13 said:

Don't use your power anymore, then.

On 10/17/2017 at 8:40 PM, Pats#1 said:

I don't have a choice, it's reactionary.

On 10/17/2017 at 8:41 PM, james.mcmurry13 said:

Okay. I hear you.

On 10/17/2017 at 8:47 PM, james.mcmurry13 said:

I think we're being naive to just assume the chat hit works like it would in a standard game.

Also Pinhead sounds like an airhead to me. If a civ hit me they should feel bad.

On 10/17/2017 at 8:50 PM, james.mcmurry13 said:

Okay. Civs: Don't use moves on pats.

Mafia: Definitely do use moves on pats xD

On 10/17/2017 at 8:51 PM, Pats#1 said:

He very well could have been Mafia/Other before he attempted the hit....James visited me (Pinhead) last night....he's lucky he did not end up dead, and just a vanilla civ now instead...however I have zero control over what happens to him.

On 10/17/2017 at 8:52 PM, Pats#1 said:

There's a chance I get killed, but not a certainty

On 10/17/2017 at 8:53 PM, james.mcmurry13 said:

Well I didn't try to hit you, I tried to redirect your move (thought you were a threat to evil ¬¬)

On 10/17/2017 at 8:54 PM, Pats#1 said:

Ah gotcha...well at least now I know for a fact your civ

On 10/17/2017 at 8:58 PM, kingseanjohn said:

Oh I get it. I was initially hesitant to reveal my role. But considering the circumstances I figured it best to go ahead and claim.

I'm the dead mother, the one in his head. Hence the always with him and could PM. Tk pm'd his moves to bcb separate from our PM.

On 10/17/2017 at 8:59 PM, Pats#1 said:

I really wish we could confirm tK3 was the one who attacked ET.....the masked monster and never getting tired fits....but walking away after a single blow doesn't sound like Jason to me.

If ET was hit tk3 then it's probable he's mafia/other....however if there someone else that attempted to hit ET that we don't know...then ET's alliance is an unkown still.

On 10/17/2017 at 9:00 PM, Pats#1 said:

oh okay....so that means, if your telling the truth obviously, you're just a spectator at this point as far as roles go. Vanilla townie right?

On 10/17/2017 at 9:21 PM, Pats#1 said:

If you mean into cultist, it appears not.

However, James visited me and was in turn converted into a vanilla townie.....from what, I have no idea. All I know is that James is now civ.

On 10/17/2017 at 10:08 PM, Pats#1 said:

From what I've read on my role from BCB as well as other types of roles similar to mine, doesn't say much about exactly who I can convert....just that it's either Death or that person is now a vanilla townie....and I don't have a choice.

On 10/17/2017 at 10:14 PM, Pats#1 said:

As for my character being able to convert a mafia to town....that makes little sense now that I think about it.

Mafia knows who one another are...if I converted mafia, what would stop them from just letting us all know exactly who the mafia was.

On 10/17/2017 at 10:31 PM, Pats#1 said:

From what my role says, I can be killed but only in a certain way, and if the kill isn't successful, they either are killed or turned into a vanilla townie.

With that, I'm not sure the game would last long if a mafia person got turned, because I don't see anything that insinuates they can't rat their old buddies out.

I'm guessing the Vanilla civ is the punishment (losing powers) for if a civ visits me....and death is the punishment if a mafia tries to kill me but doesn't succeed.

1 minute ago, Pats#1 said:

Guys I screwed up!

I got my wiki role definition and my PM slightly mixed up. 

In the wiki explanation it says people will either die or turn to vanilla townie

In my PM it just says Vanilla, doesn't say townie afterwards 

So a Mafia could still be alive but jist lose his powers I guess. 

Sorry

So you and james both messed up on your PMs, in a pretty major way? At the same time, when you're both coming under heavy fire? 

1 minute ago, domepatrol91 said:

So you and james both messed up on your PMs, in a pretty major way? At the same time, when you're both coming under heavy fire? 

Mine comes down to whether being death immune is a "power" or not. His comes down to reading his PM's vs reading a completely different website xD 

On 10/17/2017 at 8:51 PM, Pats#1 said:

He very well could have been Mafia/Other before he attempted the hit....James visited me (Pinhead) last night....he's lucky he did not end up dead, and just a vanilla civ now instead...however I have zero control over what happens to him.

On 10/17/2017 at 8:54 PM, Pats#1 said:

Ah gotcha...well at least now I know for a fact your civ

On 10/17/2017 at 9:00 PM, Pats#1 said:

oh okay....so that means, if your telling the truth obviously, you're just a spectator at this point as far as roles go. Vanilla townie right?

On 10/17/2017 at 9:21 PM, Pats#1 said:

If you mean into cultist, it appears not.

However, James visited me and was in turn converted into a vanilla townie.....from what, I have no idea. All I know is that James is now civ.

On 10/17/2017 at 9:24 PM, Pats#1 said:

I've always been town, I was just saying I wasn't sure what James was BEFORE he visited me, but now I know for a fact he is Civ.

Him being alive but "paying a price" like BCB wrote, was either him losing his other/mafia designation and powers, or him losing his civ powers.

On 10/17/2017 at 10:08 PM, Pats#1 said:

From what I've read on my role from BCB as well as other types of roles similar to mine, doesn't say much about exactly who I can convert....just that it's either Death or that person is now a vanilla townie....and I don't have a choice.

On 10/17/2017 at 10:14 PM, Pats#1 said:

As for my character being able to convert a mafia to town....that makes little sense now that I think about it.

Mafia knows who one another are...if I converted mafia, what would stop them from just letting us all know exactly who the mafia was.

7 times you said you converted him to town... now all of the sudden you realized you don't know if hes a civ?

You and james just did the exact same thing

2 minutes ago, domepatrol91 said:

Well everyone was getting on James for him not being sure about his PM, so I decided to go back and double check evergthing. 

1 minute ago, james.mcmurry13 said:

Mine comes down to whether being death immune is a "power" or not. His comes down to reading his PM's vs reading a completely different website xD 

I'm knew at this game and made that known to BCB when asking about role and how it works.

He directed me to mafia wiki for help

2 minutes ago, domepatrol91 said:

7 times you said you converted him to town... now all of the sudden you realized you don't know if hes a civ?

You and james just did the exact same thing

Yea because I was excited to actually have figured something out lol

4 minutes ago, Pats#1 said:

Am I allowed to post the link of the mafia role explanation on wiki...not the BCB PM

As long as we're in agreement that it's a mafia role, do what you want. ;)

I posted links to the hammerer role and to the cult role pages. They weren't my roles though, so it might be different.

Archived