Horror Movie Mafia Sign up and Game thread

bcb1213

4 minutes ago, domepatrol91 said:

I think that could just turn up Evil aligned regardless, wouldn't it. Turning back no results makes him looks pretty fishy, which is why I'm not sure it's a scummy role if it's a passive one

I'm starting to think that mafia have some decent abilities to them. By all appearances there is no [spam] hit. With you having invests and me having the ability to watch I have to imagine there is some form of ability to mask/hide invests. We know they can redirect moves as well.

1 minute ago, domepatrol91 said:

Pats I don't think was ever definitive that his move couldn't kill a civ, pretty sure he was speculating.

It still doesn't look good though. 

It's hard to say. In my opinion it reads more like "civs don't do anything to me" as trying to get people not to for his own narrative not nescessarily to help civs avoid him. 

Just now, theuntouchable said:

It's hard to say. In my opinion it reads more like "civs don't do anything to me" as trying to get people not to for his own narrative not nescessarily to help civs avoid him. 

fwiw the night Pats asked me if I had in invest every night, right before nighttime ended, James and KSJ were the only other posters involved in that convo... looking back now, it's questionable. I'll go find some quotes. 

3 minutes ago, domepatrol91 said:

Pats I don't think was ever definitive that his move couldn't kill a civ, pretty sure he was speculating.

It still doesn't look good though. 

If you ask me the pats/James dynamic is completely strange. James claims he tried to redirect pats move and we also know someone redirected your invest on me.

On 10/17/2017 at 7:24 PM, Pats#1 said:

As a cop, do you get 1 invest the whole game or 1 each night?

On 10/17/2017 at 7:26 PM, domepatrol91 said:

Odd nights only

If I get protection tonight, there's a chance I can get one off tomorrow. Ideally with a narrowed down list. 

On 10/17/2017 at 7:27 PM, domepatrol91 said:

I'm thinking we have another cop with even nights, or maybe that goes to mafia? I don't really know how cop roles work.

On 10/17/2017 at 7:29 PM, james.mcmurry13 said:

eusa_doh.gif

On 10/17/2017 at 7:30 PM, Pats#1 said:

Gotcha

On 10/17/2017 at 7:32 PM, james.mcmurry13 said:

No point in giving away more character specific info at this point icon_razz.gif

On 10/17/2017 at 7:33 PM, kingseanjohn said:

I don't know what's worse. The fact that you asked this or the fact that he answered it.

On 10/17/2017 at 7:34 PM, james.mcmurry13 said:

How do they compare to you showing up just after night was called xD

On 10/17/2017 at 7:36 PM, domepatrol91 said:

Cmon man... You think I was gonna answer that question honestly right before nightfall?

Or did I?

My gut feeling is that the utley blocked/hidden invest reads civ on utley. The wording of it being different concerns me but at the same time if utley had a role that would block/cover up an invest I think it would come back as wrong or something along those lines. The fact that it came back as nothing is strange.

1 minute ago, EliteTexan80 said:

I've been okay with a James BW.

if he's civ, it clears pats... but since he's the more experienced player, I think it hurts us more than hitting pats, which would clear/implicate james. I'd rather have Pats dead and know what james is than the other way around. 

if he's civ, it clears pats... but since he's the more experienced player, I think it hurts us more than hitting pats, which would clear/implicate james. I'd rather have Pats dead and know what james is than the other way around. 

I'm also thinking of who may have something to use - if Pat's is cleared by a James lynch, we have another power to coordinate with. If James is cleared by Pat's lynch, he's just a vanilla townie.

I'm okay with either, just wanted to put that out there. 

This, but the reasoning is flipped. If James is civ I would think that to mean pats is mafia. 

2 minutes ago, EliteTexan80 said:

I'm also thinking of who may have something to use - if Pat's is cleared by a James lynch, we have another power to coordinate with. If James is cleared by Pat's lynch, he's just a vanilla townie.

I'm okay with either, just wanted to put that out there. 

The only issue there is how do we coordinate his move? It seems more passive than anything. 

I'd like to hear more opinions, but I'm leaning pats as well...

I've got some errands to run for the next hour or so but after that I'll be around. I just don't like leaving a vote hanging out there in this majority voting game.

Archived