Post elimination Mock

LoganF89

3 minutes ago, e16bball said:

I think you can get a Samuel type player in the draft. I couldn’t pay him FA money to be a gadget player when I could draft someone like one of the Moores or Toney in the 2nd to play that role for a fraction of the price. 

Signing Samuel probably takes those players (plus all the other slot options like St. Brown, Newsome, etc) off our board. We’d still need a classic WR2, someone with some size and speed and a pretty well-rounded skillset, including blocking the ability to beat press coverage. To me, that’s tougher to find and tougher to translate quickly. I’d rather pay for that guy as a veteran and use the rookie as my slot/gadget guy who won’t be asked to do nearly as much advanced stuff early on.

But I think signing that guy allows you the freedom of not having to draft that type of player in the situation a 1st round talent was still there even with one of those guys on the board. I believe that you use FA so fill a need for the short term and you draft BPA to boost the overall talent on the core moving forward. So while I love Tooney and would still pick him even if you sign Samuel. Signing any FA doesn’t deter me from drafting anyone. It just insures me that the need can only become a strength of selecting that player in the draft is the absolute best value

• Like 1

On 1/14/2021 at 2:51 PM, LoganF89 said:

CAP SPACE

43.5 Million

Cuts/Retired

Alex Smith- Retires saves 14.7 mill

Could happen. Honestly 50/50

Jon Bostic- He would be a depth player if he stayed but I’ll elect to cut him saving 2.1 mill

Probably fine. I didn't know he was that cheap. 

Peyton Barber- he could stay but I’m opting to add another running back, his cut saves 1.3 mill

Yes.

Isaiah Wright- with Harmon coming back and upgrading at WR he doesn’t have a spot, potential PS player but saves 750k

Yes. 

JHC- he’s never shown me anything and after opting out this year I’m done with him to be honest cap savings of 920k

That's fine. I won't hold opting out against him. Don't know what is going on in his personal life. 

Steven Sims- while this may be unpopular, He’s a decent WR but I have us upgrading at WR. If I thought he could be counted on to return punts I would keep him but it’s obvious that he can’t. Saves 850k

Fine by me. Might even be able to trade him tbh. 

Troy Apke- Reeves takes his spot, Troy is a great special team we but I have us adding options at FS. Saves almost a mill

Amen. 

total cap savings of 21.6 mill

total cap space 65.1 mill

Re-Sign

Brandon Scherrf- like most of you I am hesitant due to position and recent injuries to pay him a lot but... we aren’t better without him and he’s our best Olineman, we don’t need another need and he wants to be here 4 years 14 mill avg

Cool.

Ronald Darby- he was a great pickup and a very underrated player this year for us. Proved he’s worth a starting spot, I think we can get him back on a reasonable deal 3 years 6 mill avg

Cool.

KPL- I love him as a high end depth signing 2 years 2.5 mill avg

Yes.

Taylor Heinicke- 2nd round tender worth just over 3 mill

Don't need to 2nd round tender him. Original is fine. 

Kyle Allen-ERFA 2 years 3 mill avg

Yes. 

Reuban Foster vet min, last chance

If he'll take it, sure. 

28.5 million spent retaining our own FAs

36.6 mill heading into FA

Free Agency

Allen Robinson WR 3 years 18 mill avg. I know that’s a lot of money per year to a WR but I think Robinson would be open to a short to mid range deal. He’s currently 28 and rumors are he wants at least 18. The other option is Golladay but I feel he would want more years 

I'd like to get him if possible. 

Mo Allie-Cox TE- like Logan Thomas he had to learn the game and he had a decent season, we need a number 2 TE and I think he could fit the mold 2 years 2.5 mill avg

We need a #1. I'm not sure how much this helps. 

Malik Hooker FS- heat me out! The guy has a ton of talent but has faced a lot of injuries in the pros, he’s coming off a torn achilles. He’s only 24 years old. I see this as a prove it contract. There are a lot of top dawgs available at FS but I’m not trying to spend too much at the position. A 1 year prove it deal at 4 million should get it done. If he can prove to stay healthy and can make an impact I think we have something! Also plan on drafting a rookie as well.

I'd like it. It'd probably take closer to 5 or 6. 

DRAFT

1. Jaylon Waddle WR Alabama- with the ascendence of Devonta Smith I think Waddle could be there. If he is, he’s our starting slot

If we get Allen, I'd rather go somewhere else, but I wouldn't complain. 

2. Zaven Collins MLB Tulsa- I would honestly take him in the 1st but if Moses and the Kid from Notre Dame go ahead of him he could fall to us since he’s from a lesser known school

I like him. Doubt he'd be there this late but maybe. 

3. Walker Little OT Stanford- he has potential to be a future starting LT. He can sit behind Lucas, needs to work on his run blocking but His pass blocking is ready

Cool

3. Andre Cisco FS Syracuse- I k ow a lot of you like Paris Ford more but Cisco fits this defense as a single high safety that can cover with talent for forcing turnovers

Cool

4. Kellen Mond QB- I know your tired of seeing him in my mocks but I think he has the potential to lead an nfl offense. Picking a QB mid round let’s us see what we have in Heinicke and let’s us draft BPA

A lot of you seem to love him. I'd be fine in the 4th. 

5. Khalil Herbert RB VT- he’s a one cut guy that can run in or off tackle, he can come in as the throes RB on the depth chart and once again insurance for Bryce Love

:)

7. Luke Farrel TE Ohio St.- mostly a depth signing but Farrel can do it all at TE, he’s a guy that’s good at everything but not a super star at it

Yeah.

7. Jose Borregales K Miami- I know I drafted him before and people don’t normally draft kickers but he’s different. Goodbye Hopkins 

I know nothing about him. 

DEPTH

QB Heinicke/Allen/Mond

RB Gibson/Mckissic/Herbert/Love

WR Robinson/Mclaurin/Waddle/Harmon/GG

TE Thomas/Allie-Cox/Moss/Farrell 

LT Lucas/Little

LG Schweitzer/Charles

C Roullier/Ismael 

RG Scherrf/Martin

RT Moses/Christian

DE Sweat/Toohill

DT Allen/Ioannidis

DT Payne/Settle/Brantley

DE Young/ Smith-Williams

WLB L.Collins/KPL/Hudson

MLB Z.Collins/Bostic

SLB Holcomb/Foster

CB Fuller/Moreau

CB Darby/Moreland/Johnson

FS Hooker/Cisco/Reaves

SS Curl/Everette 

P Way

K Borregales

Offense- I drafted a mid round QB with tons of potential that allows us to see what we have in Heinicke and take BPA in earlier rounds, competition will make them all better

at RB I just don’t see a need for Barber when we could get a cheaper option with more potential. Herbert is a great player and he makes the team. Another reason I drafted him is for insurance one again on Love. Hoping love can finally show what he has

we get stacked at WR. Waddle is a luxury pick but it’s possible he is there and is either the 3rd or 4th WR takin after being hurt this year. What was once one of our weakest links becomes our strongest 

added a good cheap number two TE along with Moss coming back from injury and Farrell who can be a solid pro or start out on PS

on the Oline I resigned Scherrf and added a future LT in walker Little, with how Lucas and the whole Oline played last year I don’t want to take a LT in the first

DEFENSE

i did not address backup edge with kerrigan a departure but I like James Smith Williams and also with the depth at Dline we can always flex out Allen for different looks

nothing changes among the interior 

at linebacker we get a big electric sideline to sideline player in Zaven Collins, I also move Landon to WLB. He mostly plays the box at SS anyways and feel he can excel and help the team in a posterior move

i did not address the CB position besides resigning Moreau, I feel we probably should get another CB at some point but did not address it in this mock

at safety I took a low risk high reward in signing Hooker to a contract. He’s a great player, I wanted him when he got drafted like a few of you did to my knowledge but injuries have really taken a toll. Drafting Cisco was for the future and insurance for hooker. I’m confident in both

thoughts?

Logan this a very well offseason!!! There are so many Walterfootball rated offseason but this is very good risk reward logical type signings based of history here and the draft and FA additions make sense like it would be huge if this team walked away with this. I just saw one drafting Mac Jones round one scheme fit is a 0 out of 10 and just other picks I really like what you did BPA we’ve held firm on that as of late so I really like it

50 minutes ago, ripsean21 said:

Logan this a very well offseason!!! There are so many Walterfootball rated offseason but this is very good risk reward logical type signings based of history here and the draft and FA additions make sense like it would be huge if this team walked away with this. I just saw one drafting Mac Jones round one scheme fit is a 0 out of 10 and just other picks I really like what you did BPA we’ve held firm on that as of late so I really like it

I appreciate it man, the only way I see us taking a QB in round 1 was if for some bizarre reason Wilson or Lance made it to us.

i could see a possibility of Mac Jones if he was there in the 2nd for us but mobility to me is a big factor in this offense for QB IMO, that’s why I see us having nothing to do with Trask

i honestly think Mond would be a great pick, it’s to be determined if Allen or Heinicke could actually be the guy and if we took a QB round 1 I think that sends a message that they aren’t so Mond, Heinicke, and Allen is who I want and may the best man win. 

competition brings out the best in all players

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, LoganF89 said:

I appreciate it man, the only way I see us taking a QB in round 1 was if for some bizarre reason Wilson or Lance made it to us.

i could see a possibility of Mac Jones if he was there in the 2nd for us but mobility to me is a big factor in this offense for QB IMO, that’s why I see us having nothing to do with Trask

i honestly think Mond would be a great pick, it’s to be determined if Allen or Heinicke could actually be the guy and if we took a QB round 1 I think that sends a message that they aren’t so Mond, Heinicke, and Allen is who I want and may the best man win. 

competition brings out the best in all players

That is exactly how I feel.

• 1 month later...