Detfan782004 ---Updated NEW Second Mock...trade way down scenario

detfan782004

15 hours ago, GetDownandDirty said:

Let’s go Draft Day Crazy.... Trade with Miami at 3. Miami gets Galladay, the Lions get #3 plus a 4th or 5th round pick. The Lions select: OL Penei Sewell. At number 7 the Lions select: LB Micah Parsons. Lions trade again with the Colts at #21. Colts get Goff & the Lions get #21 & a 5th. The Lions select: LB Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah.  As far as everyone wondering what we’re going to do a QB, sign a free agent like Ryan Fitzpatrick to a short term deal. Going no where next year but building a strong base. Now you have 8 more picks to fill needs.

why would Miami ever do that? Why would the Colts do that? or just trade up and get Mac or wait for Trask. or Mills. also now we have 3 guys that will want max contacts in 4 years. and back to back LBs?? personally rather Najee, Williams RBs or Toney WR ...IF WE HAD 3 1ST rd picks

7 hours ago, Sllim Pickens said:

I disagree on this.  He is a redshirt sophomore who was just scratching the surface of his potential IMO.  I think if he stayed one more year he would be a top 10 pick. He got better as the year went on as he finally got snaps and was absolutely dominant in the NC game.  I think he has a lot to prove but has a decently high floor with a much higher ceiling.  

Yea he has a high ceiling. DT seem to be less risky IMO but it might be that he tanks on next level too 

• 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Louis Friend said:

I'm loving these. There are so many ways the Lions new FO can go in the draft/FA. I'm so excited to see what they do. I took three days off work for the draft. 

If they don’t trade down I would be highly disappointed no matter who they take at 7. 

This team needs more picks and to move back. 

Just now, detfan782004 said:

If they don’t trade down I would be highly disappointed no matter who they take at 7. 

This team needs more picks and to move back. 

I'm in favor of trading down as well. Loads of talent all over the board, no few players really stand above the rest.

QB- Zach Wilson, Justin Fields, Trey Lance, Mac Jones

WR- Ja'Marr Chase, DeVonta Smith, Jaylen Waddle

TE- Kyle Pitts

LB- Micah Parsons, JOK 

OL- Penei Sewell, Rashawn Slater, Christian Darrisaw

DL- Gregory Rosseau, Kwity Paye, 

CB- Caleb Farley, Patrick Surtain II, Jaycee Horn

10 hours ago, Louis Friend said:

I'm in favor of trading down as well. Loads of talent all over the board, no few players really stand above the rest.

QB- Zach Wilson, Justin Fields, Trey Lance, Mac Jones

WR- Ja'Marr Chase, DeVonta Smith, Jaylen Waddle

TE- Kyle Pitts

LB- Micah Parsons, JOK 

OL- Penei Sewell, Rashawn Slater, Christian Darrisaw

DL- Gregory Rosseau, Kwity Paye, 

CB- Caleb Farley, Patrick Surtain II, Jaycee Horn

good list. id add zaven collins and remove paye personally. Watch us trade to like 22 and get Mayfield lol

55 minutes ago, flyguy1609 said:

I could get behind a trade were more than one player from the super bowl so trade down works for me. don’t mind the rest of the draft just don’t know that much outside the top guys in this draft 

THIS DRAFT IS LOADED...projects even in the 7th rd. (im sure every year right?) lol

5 hours ago, flyguy1609 said:

I could get behind a trade were more than one player from the super bowl so trade down works for me. don’t mind the rest of the draft just don’t know that much outside the top guys in this draft 

Yea they are also in money issue and I am sure they will find ways to save but trading down is an easy way.....if you can find that partner to trade with