"This team is in the Pitts"

Karnage84

If you want a WR at 7 (also a mistake), there are actual WRs who are potential superstars. Drafting a TE to play WR at #7 is even more dumb than drafting an actual tight end there. Spending a top 10 pick on an "interesting matchup" is just the kind of smartest guy in the room thinking that got us in this mess in the first place 

Edit: Ok fine, pick 12, what I'm saying goes for anything in the upper part of the first round as far as I'm concerned 

Edited by Superduperman

7 minutes ago, Superduperman said:

If you want a WR at 7 (also a mistake), there are actual WRs who are potential superstars. Drafting a TE to play WR at #7 is even more dumb than drafting an actual tight end there. Spending a top 10 pick on an "interesting matchup" is just the kind of smartest guy in the room thinking that got us in this mess in the first place 

Edit: Ok fine, pick 12, what I'm saying goes for anything in the upper part of the first round as far as I'm concerned 

I'm willing to take the Best Player Available when we have a ton of holes and it does address a need. We need good players on both sides of the ball.

I'm not even really banging the drum for Pitts... this was really just an exercise in seeing how things could shake out if he was taken as the best guy there. It really depends on what your thoughts are on the LB and DL class, etc. If we do trade down from 7 (and get extra draft value) but are stuck at 12, we're going to have to take somebody. 

12 hours ago, Superduperman said:

Who are the actual potential superstar WRs? There's no guarantee that Chase and Smith make it to #7. Regardless, I don't disagree that Pitts makes more sense as a trade down option if the Lions move into the #9 to #12 range. But Pitts is much, much more than an interesting matchup. Again, this is a dude who was working CBs who will get drafted fairly early in this draft. And he would slide inside and smoke slot CBs and safeties. Because of his size, strength, body control, catch radius, and insane hands, there simply aren't many guys who can handle him one on one.

13 hours ago, HashtagFTW said:

I’d be ok drafting Pitts. It’s not about the position. It’s about playmakers. We wouldn’t be asking him to get his hand in the fort and block DEs. He’s a mismatch and a TE than can catch 60 balls for 800 yards and 8-10 TDs a year. He’s not comparable to Eric Ebron. He’s a WR in a TEs body who has measurables off the charts. 

I think he's capable of much more than that. He has the potential to be the best red-zone mismatch in the NFL. I'm talking a guy on par with prime Jimmy Graham and Gronk in that respect. He was absolutely unstoppable at UF. Was agile enough to smoke press CBs on slant routes (and has such insane hands that he finishes contested catches with ease). Has the size, catch radius, physicality, and hands to give DBs all sorts of trouble on fade routes. And he has the quickness to torch LBs with his route running.

2 hours ago, jrry32 said:

I think he's capable of much more than that. He has the potential to be the best red-zone mismatch in the NFL. I'm talking a guy on par with prime Jimmy Graham and Gronk in that respect. He was absolutely unstoppable at UF. Was agile enough to smoke press CBs on slant routes (and has such insane hands that he finishes contested catches with ease). Has the size, catch radius, physicality, and hands to give DBs all sorts of trouble on fade routes. And he has the quickness to torch LBs with his route running.

hey guess what i wouldnt jimmy or gronk in the 1st and every nfl team agreed...

On 2/5/2021 at 10:49 AM, Karnage84 said:

Ebron had bricks for hands. 

It depends on how you view him. If you're going to use him like a Darren Waller type or as a big bodied WR, it could work. I'm in full agreement if we're looking at a Cole Kmet type of guy. 

wouldnt take waller in the 1st

Just now, NFL_Fan said:

rightfully so. as a gm i wouldnt want a an unathletic bum at the time...midget..or injury riddled qb in the 1st...

No, it wasn't "rightfully so." It's about as far from "rightfully so" as possible. If teams thought Russell Wilson and Jimmy Graham would become what they did, they would have drafted both in the top 10. Same for the other guys I mentioned. In case you forgot, the Seahawks traded a first round pick and a Pro Bowl Center for Jimmy Graham.

1 hour ago, NFL_Fan said:

rightfully so. as a gm i wouldnt want a an unathletic bum at the time...midget..or injury riddled qb in the 1st...

Are you suggesting that, with hindsight being 20/20, you wouldn't draft Tom "I've got six rings and a supermodel wife" Brady in the 1st round? 

2 hours ago, jrry32 said:

No, it wasn't "rightfully so." It's about as far from "rightfully so" as possible. If teams thought Russell Wilson and Jimmy Graham would become what they did, they would have drafted both in the top 10. Same for the other guys I mentioned. In case you forgot, the Seahawks traded a first round pick and a Pro Bowl Center for Jimmy Graham.

max unger?? lol and boy did graham fail 

52 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

Are you suggesting that, with hindsight being 20/20, you wouldn't draft Tom "I've got six rings and a supermodel wife" Brady in the 1st round? 

tom is a rare rare rare case...so lets just not even use him...there are 10,000+ other guys 

Just now, NFL_Fan said:

tom is a rare rare rare case...so lets just not even use him...there are 10,000+ other guys 

and lets be clar. are you comparing pitts to tom brady? cause thats what it sounds like if you put that name nd pitts at 7 is worth it. brb have to shut my computer down and go laugh in the other room.. 

2 minutes ago, NFL_Fan said:

That is not a yes or no. 

It's a simple question - would you or would you not have drafted Brady with a 1st round pick knowing what you know now? How about Drew Brees?

1 minute ago, Karnage84 said:

That is not a yes or no. 

It's a simple question - would you or would you not have drafted Brady with a 1st round pick knowing what you know now? How about Drew Brees?

well of course. qb is the main position to draft in the 1st wouldnt you say? wouldnt you say QB might be the most important position on the field? at ANYYYYY time?