Bills re-sign John Feliciano

Xenos

7 minutes ago, BigMountainGoat said:

So that's the Bills basically out of contention for any FAs. Puts pressure on Jackson and Epenesa to step up on D.

Depends how the contract is structured. Still several ways they can create space (add years to Hughes, restructure White or Diggs etc).

I would imagine they're "in" on one or two tier 1 FA's who they may or may not sign and then sign 2-4 tier 2 guys. 

3 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

Depends how the contract is structured. Still several ways they can create space (add years to Hughes, restructure White or Diggs etc).

I would imagine they're "in" on one or two tier 1 FA's who they may or may not sign and then sign 2-4 tier 2 guys. 

From all that I've seen they won't be able to do that. Basically Feliciano is the name free agent. Assuming Smith retires / is cut. You then have a few million at the bottom of the roster for Roberts / Mckenzie replacement 

6 minutes ago, BigMountainGoat said:

From all that I've seen they won't be able to do that. Basically Feliciano is the name free agent. Assuming Smith retires / is cut. You then have a few million at the bottom of the roster for Roberts / Mckenzie replacement 

They absolutely can. It's more of a question of if they want to. A restructure of Hughes, Matakevich and either Tre White or Diggs could free up $13 million. Then like you mentioned, cut Lee Smith.

I bet the WR replacement comes via the draft.

3 hours ago, Trentwannabe said:

They absolutely can. It's more of a question of if they want to. A restructure of Hughes, Matakevich and either Tre White or Diggs could free up $13 million. Then like you mentioned, cut Lee Smith.

I bet the WR replacement comes via the draft.

I mean if there were a time I’d like to see the Carolina connection once more...Curtis Samuel would be awesome.

6 hours ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

And yes there's still plenty of stuff the Bills can do to free up space for a piece or two, lots of fringe guys that can go and other contracts that can get restructured.

The fringe players still need replacing for cap purposes. There is also a 40m a year Allen contract coming, plus Edmunds. So they can't get too strong on pushing money to later years as it will really hurt later