FA QB's for 2018

jetfan8178

Just now, JetsandI said:

Is that a warning for Maccagnan and Bowles?   It sounds like a homerism to me.

Honestly have no idea what you are talking about.  What homerism?  Mac and Bowles shouldn't feel safe and should be doing everything they can to find a franchise QB to save their jobs.

4 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

And what have Mayfield or Jackson shown? They’re in college. One has attitude issues and plays in a spread offense and the other would rather run than throw. Yet you immediately think they’re better than Hack. You put Hack in that OU offense and he’d put up huge numbers. Instead he was running the NE offense at 17-18yrs old and looked very good. He’s also been in the NFL for 2 years and knows the system and oh by the way is the same age as Mayfield. And Hack comes with a great attitude not a awful attitude like Mayfield.

Attitude vs Moxie. You pick.  I definitely go for Moxie.  I know Mayfield plays air raid but Jared Goff played Air Raid and spread. He turns out just fine. 

11 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

Honestly have no idea what you are talking about.  What homerism?  Mac and Bowles shouldn't feel safe and should be doing everything they can to find a franchise QB to save their jobs.

Really?  Jackson? Allen?  Mayfield?  Neither of them is a franchise savior. Do you really expect Jets to HAVE TO draft one of them in order to keep Bowles and Maccagnan from being fired?  That is laughable.

11 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

Really?  Jackson? Allen?  Mayfield?  Neither of them is a franchise savior. Do you really expect Jets to HAVE TO draft one of them in order to keep Bowles and Maccagnan from being fired?  That is laughable.

How is that laughable.  I didn't say they had to draft one of them I said they had to address the QB could be Cousins as a FA option, a trade up for Darnold/Rosen could be an option.  You honestly think if they miss they playoffs yet again and had no potential franchise QB as hope for the fans base that they will still have jobs in 2019?  If you think McCown can come back and they go 7-9 or something and miss out on the playoffs that Bowles and Mac would have nothing to worry about then IDK what to tell you.  

You know that none of those guys are franchise saviors, good for you.  Guess you probably thought that way about Watson too and you know whose name is no longer on the chopping block Bill O'Brien.  His name was floated as a possible Jet coach if/when he was fired.  He had the #1 defense but as an offensive genius couldn't get the QB situation sorted out and now he has Watson and all is good in HOU.  QB is the most important position for sustained success and you better believe that after 4 years if there is no light at the end of the tunnel for a franchise QB heads could roll.  Finding one is how horrible GM's like Grigson keep their jobs longer than they should.

5 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

How is that laughable.  I didn't say they had to draft them I said they had to address the QB could be Cousins as a FA option.  You honestly think if they miss they playoffs yet again and had no potential franchise QB as hope for the fans base that they will still have jobs in 2019?  If you think McCown can come back and they go 7-9 or something and miss out on the playoffs that Bowles and Mac would have nothing to worry about then IDK what to tell you.  

You know that none of those guys are franchise saviors, good for you.  Guess you probably thought that way about Watson too and you know whose name is no longer on the chopping block Bill O'Brien.  His name was floated as a possible Jet coach if/when he was fired.  He had the #1 defense but as an offensive genius couldn't get the QB situation sorted out and now he has Watson and all is good in HOU.  QB is the most important position for sustained success and you better believe that after 4 years if there is no light at the end of the tunnel for a franchise QB heads could roll.  Finding one is how horrible GM's like Grigson keep their jobs longer than they should.

Watson? He went to CFB championship for two years in row. How could I put him in the same paragraph as Jackson and Mayfield?

4 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

Watson? He went to CFB championship for two years in row. How could I put him in the same paragraph as Jackson and Mayfield?

And yet many QB needy teams past on him.  Mayfield might go this year so I guess he should go #1 overall by that logic.  Jackson and Mayfield tore up college football how can you say they won't be successful, you can't.  Well if people around here can put Hack on the same level as Mayfield/Jackson then apparently anything is fair game.

Didn't realize going to a Championship game was a prerequisite for good pro QB.   

What is your plan for QB since Mayfield/Jackson are not NFL QB's in your mind?  Didn't you just praise Mayfield like two posts ago for having Moxie?

2 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

And yet many QB needy teams past on him.  Mayfield might go this year so I guess he should go #1 overall by that logic.  Jackson and Mayfield tore up college football how can you say they won't be successful, you can't.  Well if people around here can put Hack on the same level as Mayfield/Jackson then apparently anything is fair game.

What is your plan for QB since Mayfield/Jackson are not NFL QB's in your mind?  Didn't you just praise Mayfield like two posts ago for having Moxie?

I guess every Texas Tech QB and Wash St. QB should go top 5 every draft then. Bc they carve out college defenses.

4 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I guess every Texas Tech QB and Wash St. QB should go top 5 every draft then. Bc they carve out college defenses.

There is a reason a guy like Falk isn't talked about as a top pick and guys like Mayfield/Goff/Maholmes are.  

7 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

It’s just an issue we won’t agree on. I view it this way.

1. Get Cousins

2. Get Bridgewater

3. Trade up for Rosen

4. Trade up for Darnold

5. Roll with Hackenberg

6. Draft a qb in Rounds 2-4

Most of those are really good ideas except #5 and #6

Just now, Rockice_8 said:

There is a reason a guy like Falk isn't talked about as a top pick and guys like Mayfield/Goff/Maholmes are.  

Petty threw for 4,200yds and had a 10:1 TD:INT ratio in the Big 12. I guess he should be a star then based on your logic.

My point is stats (especially in the Big 12) mean nothing. It all has to do with the offenses these guys are in. Like I stated you put Hack in the OU offense and he puts up big time numbers. So you can’t compare stats. What you can compare is measurable, arm strength, accuracy, smarts and attitude issues. And quite frankly Mayfield and Jackson fall short in a number of those categories.

58 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

Many qb needy teams passed on qb? like who?   Mahomes and Watson were too high for 49ers and Jets. That's it for first 12 spots.  Maybe Browns should package last 2 1st round picks to move up for Watson.

Moxie over attitude is good enough for Jets to take him in 1st round? I don't think so. Jets have cleared players with bad attitude off lately. I don't expect Jets to make an exception for him.

2 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Any QB that hasn’t played that has talent should be viewed as an option. I find it a joke to see so many of you writing off a 22yr old QBs with a lot of talent. I never once said Hack will be Brady or Rodgers. That shows how much you pay attention when you read. That comparison was used to show that you don’t know what you have until they play. And that’s very well what we have with Hack. A talented qb that needs an opportunity. If he fails so be it, turn the page. But to write him off before he’s even taken a meaningful snap is a joke.

My reading comprehension is fine. I said you put Brady and Hack in the same sentence. You did. I'd bet my account that Jackson is the better QB as soon as next year. He's not even good enough to be active, let alone start.

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

Petty threw for 4,200yds and had a 10:1 TD:INT ratio in the Big 12. I guess he should be a star then based on your logic.

My point is stats (especially in the Big 12) mean nothing. It all has to do with the offenses these guys are in. Like I stated you put Hack in the OU offense and he puts up big time numbers. So you can’t compare stats. What you can compare is measurable, arm strength, accuracy, smarts and attitude issues. And quite frankly Mayfield and Jackson fall short in a number of those categories.

Again exactly why Petty was a 4th round pick.  

They actually don't fall short at all though in most of them.  Did you just actually mention Hack and accuracy in the same sentence.  The guy with among the worst accuracy in college football.  Since we are focusing on measurable things.  Jackson's issues are accuracy but if you are going to defend Hack then the same goes for Jackson who actually has shown improvement over his 3 seasons but again stats don't matter.  I hear how smart Hack is but have yet to see that translate to anything.  Jackson has proven he will work to expand the playbook as I posted proof in previous posts about his work ethic.  So really Jackson has accuracy issues like Hack and Mayfield checks all the other boxes except height and attitude.

You want to say he won't succeed because he'll get arrested by all means but he's the #1 overall pick if he's 6'2"+ and not 5'11".  

You keep pushing this idea that stats don't matter but they do.  They don't tell the whole story but they certainly matter.  I defended Anderson last year saying we needed to cut Marshall and Decker and got blasted for it by you specifically.  I looked at his routes, his hands, and his physical ability and said he had starting WR upside because when the ball got put on him he made plays.  You continually used stats to support your argument that he only had like 500 yards and we needed to keep Decker.  Now Anderson has blossomed because he had a QB that could get him the ball consistently and he had the opportunity because you could see it in the kid.  Now that stats hurt your argument they no longer matter?  

Not every spread QB will fail and every pro style QB succeed.  You don't have to like Jackson or Mayfield but I do and would take either one if they fall to where we pick.

And he certainly didn't get arrested but Hack threw his coaches under the bus at PSU.  Not exactly squeaky clean when it comes to attitude but I guess since you like Hack he's a great kid and I suppose accurate too.

https://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2016/3/26/11307682/christian-hackenberg-james-franklin-penn-state-nfl-draft

Archived