FA QB's for 2018

jetfan8178

1 minute ago, Bobby816 said:

The guy hasn’t taken a snap and you hate him. If you were a NE fan you probably would’ve hated Brady before Bledsoe got injured. You would’ve hated Rodgers before Favre retired. How about you see the guy in the field before you say he’s awful. And to say a college qb that runs as his weapon is 1,000 times better than Hack, shows your ability to judge talent.

I don't hate him he actually seems like a pretty nice kid and I hope he plays well.  I do however have a pair of eyes and I can't get behind this blind support of the guy.  I want him to do well but everything we've seen says it ain't happening.  I'm not going into next season without some real hope at QB.  That is the one and only goal I have.  Get a real QB or draft one high and give the fanbase some hope.  Not some 2nd year guy who can barely complete 50% of his passes in preseason.  I'm sorry but I'm not wasting another year on the great white hope. 

8 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

I don't hate him he actually seems like a pretty nice kid and I hope he plays well.  I do however have a pair of eyes and I can't get behind this blind support of the guy.  I want him to do well but everything we've seen says it ain't happening.  I'm not going into next season without some real hope at QB.  That is the one and only goal I have.  Get a real QB or draft one high and give the fanbase some hope.  Not some 2nd year guy who can barely complete 50% of his passes in preseason.  I'm sorry but I'm not wasting another year on the great white hope. 

Great to see you judge players by meaningless preseason games. If we’re doing that... shouldn’t Josh Martin be leading the NFL in sacks bc of how good he looked in preseason?

21 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

The guy hasn’t taken a snap and you hate him. If you were a NE fan you probably would’ve hated Brady before Bledsoe got injured. You would’ve hated Rodgers before Favre retired. How about you see the guy in the field before you say he’s awful. And to say a college qb that runs as his weapon is 1,000 times better than Hack, shows your ability to judge talent.

My inability to judge talent?  Says the guy who thinks Hack is a future franchise QB, LOL, just stop. 

Lamar Jackson is coming off a 60% comp and 3,500 yard passing season.  Hack in 3 years never broke 3k or 60%.  Then in two seasons can barley complete 50% in preseason but I think in year 3 he's going to just figure it out.  We all see Jackson needs to improve as a passer but he is at least showing that he can unlike Hack thus far.  Adding in his legs is just another dimension teams have to worry about. 

Brady completed 63% and 77% of his passes in preseason years 1 and 2

Rodgers completed 48% then 70%

Goff same as Rodgers where year 2 it clicked.  

Sense a pattern here.  The QB's all had big preseasons showing they may actually have ability.

Hack was 36% and 56%.  Until he can go out and prove he can be mediocre in preseason he'll never get a shot.  Right now I'd bet on that never happening.  Hope it does but we can't waste 2 more years hoping it does.

8 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

The minute Jackson steps on the field he is 1,000 times better than Hack.  You can cut off his right arm and he's still better than Hack.  Fine Hack can be #1 QB until like the 2nd day of practice when Jackson proves he's better, that make you happy.  What is your obsession with him?  The guy has been nothing but garbage for 2 years and you are defending him like you are his dad or something.  I had high hopes early on but eventually you just have to give up and realize it ain't happening.

Jackson can't even count to 1000. I expect this kid to free fall during the combine and interviews. He is going to struggle with pro concepts and might set a record low for the wonderlic. 

2 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Great to see you judge players by meaningless preseason games. If we’re doing that... shouldn’t Josh Martin be leading the NFL in sacks bc of how good he looked in preseason?

Can't believe you actually jsut typed that, I'm done this is dumb.  The guy can't even show that he's average in two seasons against vanilla defenses in the preseason or beat out Petty fro #2 yet he's the savior.  I hope Hack plays just so we can see real games as his supporters continue to claim and put this to rest already.

Just now, ekill08x said:

Jackson can't even count to 1000. I expect this kid to free fall during the combine and interviews. He is going to struggle with pro concepts and might set a record low for the wonderlic. 

Actually he was praised for his hard work in learning the playbook while in school even though it was tough for him.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2662128-the-education-of-lamar-jackson-how-louisville-qb-went-from-project-to-superstar

2 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

Actually he was praised for his hard work in learning the playbook while in school even though it was tough for him.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2662128-the-education-of-lamar-jackson-how-louisville-qb-went-from-project-to-superstar

I am mainly just being a jerk I just watch his interviews and wonder if he can even read. He would be very difficult to market here, but above all else we need to win. If Lamar Jackson elevates us I am not against anyone. INCREDIBLE athlete, but he looks like he could break in half. He has to get bigger because he needs to use his legs and thats not even debatable. 

I don’t have an obsession with Hack. What I do have is eyes. And I do see a skill set that can be a solid nfl QB. The kid is still only 22 (For comparison Mayfield is also 22). Clearly you’re a stat guy and don’t take into consideration at all the system, surrounding talent or competition into it at all. Hack had arguably one of the worst olines in college his last 2 years. Leaving him no time to throw. It’s actually incredibly impressive how little he turned the ball over with an OLine that bad. I also find it very funny you leave out his freshman year. Oddly that was when he had a good coach, a decent OLine and some weapons. He three 60%, 3,000yds and has a 2:1 TD:INT ratio. At 17-18yrs old. Yet you care to leave that out. Morton is a good offensive mind. We have weapons and our OLine is a million times better than what he had at PSU. I’m not saying he will be great. I think he needs a shot to play though for sure. And to just turn the page on him is idiotic. And the only qb I view sure fire better than him in the draft is Rosen. 

2 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I don’t have an obsession with Hack. What I do have is eyes. And I do see a skill set that can be a solid nfl QB. The kid is still only 22 (For comparison Mayfield is also 22). Clearly you’re a stat guy and don’t take into consideration at all the system, surrounding talent or competition into it at all. Hack had arguably one of the worst olines in college his last 2 years. Leaving him no time to throw. It’s actually incredibly impressive how little he turned the ball over with an OLine that bad. I also find it very funny you leave out his freshman year. Oddly that was when he had a good coach, a decent OLine and some weapons. He three 60%, 3,000yds and has a 2:1 TD:INT ratio. At 17-18yrs old. Yet you care to leave that out. Morton is a good offensive mind. We have weapons and our OLine is a million times better than what he had at PSU. I’m not saying he will be great. I think he needs a shot to play though for sure. And to just turn the page on him is idiotic. And the only qb I view sure fire better than him in the draft is Rosen. 

edit.. Scratch that. I thought Jackson.  My bad.

4 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

I think you are mistaken, no one is claiming Hack should be cut. We are saying that I'm not betting my 2018 season that Hack magically gets better. We need to aggressively address QB this year regardless how you feel about Hack or Petty. The worst case scenario is that we have two good QB's where as the worst case for rolling with Hack is a completely wasted 2018 campaign. IMO the picks/money we'll need to give up are well worth it to double down on a new QB after what I've seen thus far.

1 minute ago, rdelaney89 said:

I think you are mistaken, no one is claiming Hack should be cut. We are saying that I'm not betting my 2018 season that Hack magically gets better. We need to aggressively address QB this year regardless how you feel about Hack or Petty. The worst case scenario is that we have two good QB's where as the worst case for rolling with Hack is a completely wasted 2018 campaign. IMO the picks/money we'll need to give up are well worth it to double down on a new QB after what I've seen thus far.

If QB were our only need I’d agree with you. But we need starters at several positions. So in no way would I pass on a OT, RB, Edge or CB that’s worthy of our 1st Round pick in order to have options at QB. I’m all in for Rosen or Darnold if available. But I feel spending our 1st on Mayfield, Jackson or Allen is a bad pick.

You can address Center, RB, and CB in FA. I don't think LT is a huge need this offseason, if we can get one great but I haven't really had that big of an issue with Beachum. That leaves us with finding an EDGE, we happen to have 2 players we drafted that we may want to look at before investing a premium pick.

I'd say more than any other year this makes the most sense to go hard for a QB. If we can sit back and take one than even better because then we'll have other high picks to use elsewhere. QB needs to be a priority this year because I don't think the owner or fan base is willing to just roll with a FA and Hack (unless it's Cousins)

6 hours ago, ekill08x said:

I am mainly just being a jerk I just watch his interviews and wonder if he can even read. He would be very difficult to market here, but above all else we need to win. If Lamar Jackson elevates us I am not against anyone. INCREDIBLE athlete, but he looks like he could break in half. He has to get bigger because he needs to use his legs and thats not even debatable. 

I wonder what he will be at the combine because he is listed at 6'3 and 215. 

His legs alone make him worth the risk of not being super marketable 

10 hours ago, rdelaney89 said:

You can address Center, RB, and CB in FA. I don't think LT is a huge need this offseason, if we can get one great but I haven't really had that big of an issue with Beachum. That leaves us with finding an EDGE, we happen to have 2 players we drafted that we may want to look at before investing a premium pick.

I'd say more than any other year this makes the most sense to go hard for a QB. If we can sit back and take one than even better because then we'll have other high picks to use elsewhere. QB needs to be a priority this year because I don't think the owner or fan base is willing to just roll with a FA and Hack (unless it's Cousins)

You do realize that any QB we draft won’t get a shot to play before Hack right?

Archived