FA QB's for 2018

jetfan8178

20 minutes ago, Jag68Sid87 said:

We do not have to limit ourselves to an either/or situation. Let's sign a Linsley type to center the line, and let's draft a Michel type to become our feature back.

I'd sign Linsley but I'd have to imagine the Packers will resign him

1 minute ago, GangGreen420 said:

It’s so ironic that the Giants are going to end up getting one of the QBs the Jets were projected to get before the season.

The Giants getting a top QB and the Jets getting nothing would definitely get some ownership attention though.

personally I have a feeling we're gonna trade up, no evidence at all but just a gut feeling.

4 hours ago, GangGreen420 said:

It’s so ironic that the Giants are going to end up getting one of the QBs the Jets were projected to get before the season.

The Giants getting a top QB and the Jets getting nothing would definitely get some ownership attention though.

I don't see that big of a difference between the top 5 or 6 QBs in this draft. Each one is a gamble and will largely depend on coaching staff and environment around them. I'm not just the Browns/Giants are great landing spots for any QB at this particular point.

On 12/1/2017 at 11:54 AM, Jag68Sid87 said:

While I agree that we could really use a dynamic running back on this team next season, I completely disagree that our running game needs to improve. Powell is averaging 4.5 YPC, Forte is averaging 4.0 YPC and Elijah is averaging 3.8 YPC. That's not bad at all. As a group, they have amassed 1,001 yards.

The committee has done well, we could not have asked for more. 

Powell just isnt young anymore. I want to keep adding backs in the mid rounds. 

11 hours ago, rdelaney89 said:

I don't see that big of a difference between the top 5 or 6 QBs in this draft. Each one is a gamble and will largely depend on coaching staff and environment around them. I'm not just the Browns/Giants are great landing spots for any QB at this particular point.

Lol don’t kid yourself. The Giants will be a fine landing spot with a new coaching staff and the talent that’s already there.

The Jets are no better of a landing spot

4 hours ago, GangGreen420 said:

Lol don’t kid yourself. The Giants will be a fine landing spot with a new coaching staff and the talent that’s already there.

I had a typo in my post, I meant "I'm not sure if the Browns/Giants are great landing spots for any QB at this particular point"

That has nothing to do with next season, I'm saying I don't know who the Giants are going to be yet so at this point I can't say the Giants are the place to go for a young QB. This can certainly change once they bring in a new coach and have a FA and draft under their belt but right now at "this particular point" I can't say for sure if they are a great landing spot.

Most young QBs need an offensive line or a running game to lean on. Mariota, Carr, Wentz, Goff and Dak all have above average OLs and/or running games. I don't feel like the Giants have either.

18 hours ago, ekill08x said:

Powell just isnt young anymore. I want to keep adding backs in the mid rounds. 

I agree. I too want to keep adding RB's. I was just pointing out that our run game overall is not as bad as what was mentioned in that post I quoted.

8 hours ago, GangGreen420 said:

I'm not so sure. I think by season's end, Morton will have a better reputation than Mike Sullivan (If he's even retained as OC). The running game is better and dare I say even our O-line this season has way outperformed the Giants'  O-line. 

Now, obviously history plays a role here, as we have been historically mediocre/bad while the Giants have been historically successful.

But, if people look at the 'what-have-you-done-for-me-lately' approach, then I think the Jets look better. Or, at least, less of a tire fire.

3 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

If the Giants are smart they’ll spend there top couple picks on OLine. Not a qb.

OK, but then who is under center for them next season? At this point it's hard to see Eli returning. Geno's a disaster and Davis Webb is completely unproven.

The Giants will draft a QB, I think that much is a given at this point.

4 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

They aren’t passing on a QB if there is one there. They have a competent owner who will make sure of it.

Imagine both Rosen and Darnold stay in school. They would be stupid not to take the LT from ND, but they'll screw that up they draft terrible too.

1 hour ago, Jag68Sid87 said:

I agree. I too want to keep adding RB's. I was just pointing out that our run game overall is not as bad as what was mentioned in that post I quoted.

I'm not so sure. I think by season's end, Morton will have a better reputation than Mike Sullivan (If he's even retained as OC). The running game is better and dare I say even our O-line this season has way outperformed the Giants'  O-line. 

Now, obviously history plays a role here, as we have been historically mediocre/bad while the Giants have been historically successful.

But, if people look at the 'what-have-you-done-for-me-lately' approach, then I think the Jets look better. Or, at least, less of a tire fire.

OK, but then who is under center for them next season? At this point it's hard to see Eli returning. Geno's a disaster and Davis Webb is completely unproven.

The Giants will draft a QB, I think that much is a given at this point.

Doesn’t mean they spend a 1st Round pick on one.

3 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

If Geno or Webb show anything these last few games they’ll pass on a qb.

I don't think so.  Smith will be FA after this season. If he shows something then he will ask for starter's money.  If Webb shows something then could it be an one time performance or what?  None cements the future for qb.

Archived