2017-2018 NBA GDT: Off the court discussions

11sanchez11

NBA Champions  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Who's The Favorite to Win it All This Year?

• Warriors
    • Cavaliers
    • Someone Else, Somehow?

1 minute ago, 11sanchez11 said:

They hired someone to help him start winning, which there wasn't any proof he was capable of. He decided to leave.

You don't actually believe this.........

So the Dubs killer Avery Bradley is gone, but will the Cs still give them some fits like in the last few years? I think Dubs by 10+ today....And not a major coincidence, but Bradley goes to the Pistons and they beat the Dubs earlier this season lol.

14 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

You don't actually believe this..

so instead of just firing a dude that probably never won 30 games, and most people would have been fine with if they fired him, they plotted for him to be a sensitive person and quit?

They wanted the Sixers to try to start winning, not put a hit out on Hinkie. 

So as of today James Harden leads the league in scoring and assists. 

The Assists will go down with CP3 back, but i think Harden might finally break through and lead the league in scoring this year. Hes been #2 like 3 or 4 years now and has lead the league in points scored twice....but has no scoring title...

As for Embiid and Simmons, they are a great young pair, but lets not forget a few years ago the Thunder took Durant, Westbrook and Harden in 3 straight drafts

6 minutes ago, Mossburg said:

^So under Hinkie the Sixers would still be tanking this season?

how am I supposed to know? The Sixers aren't some high level team this year. They have a negative point differential on the season and if they lose their next game they would be out of the playoffs in a mediocre East. Would he have signed JJ who is 2nd on the team in minutes?

Just now, 11sanchez11 said:

how am I supposed to know? The Sixers aren't some high level team this year. They have a negative point differential on the season and if they lose their next game they would be out of the playoffs in a mediocre East. Would he have signed JJ who is 2nd on the team in minutes?

Well certainly his plan isn't to tank forever. Signing JJ or not, when all the talent is healthy to start the season, it's not unreasonable to think at this point it's time to assemble and see why you tanked.

1 minute ago, Mossburg said:

Well certainly his plan isn't to tank forever. Signing JJ or not, when all the talent is healthy to start the season, it's not unreasonable to think at this point it's time to assemble and see why you tanked.

they gave him the opportunity to do it, not sure why this is relevant 

11 minutes ago, Mossburg said:

I don't follow. All the tanking seasons, key player never even played. He never had the talent even last year's team had to work with. Him trying to win now would hamper what is happening now.

not sure what you are getting at

They hired BC so he could help them eventually start winning, which there is no evidence Hinkie is good at doing. They were still one of the worst teams last year so I'm guessing that it would be this year. Hinkie quit because 'my masterpiece is ruined, oh no'. He had the opportunity to try and win this year, he didn't take them up on it.

Oh I see, you're still operating under the assumption that he voluntarily walked away.

In which case, I'd just point to the obvious that the core was 100% thanks to him, and regardless of what supporting player moves he would or would not make, and unless you think he would go to the coach and tell him we need to start losing, it's perfectly reasonable to assume the team looks not much different today if he never leaves in the win/loss column early in 2017.

33 minutes ago, Mossburg said:

Oh I see, you're still operating under the assumption that he voluntarily walked away.

So you are saying if he wanted the job he wouldn't still be there? So not only did they put an effective plot to get Hinkie out, they got Hinkie to play along. 

33 minutes ago, Mossburg said:

In which case, I'd just point to the obvious that the core was 100% thanks to him, and regardless of what supporting player moves he would or would not make, and unless you think he would go to the coach and tell him we need to start losing, it's perfectly reasonable to assume the team looks not much different today if he never leaves in the win/loss column early in 2017.

ok, I'm saying their intention of hiring BC was to help them start winning, not to get Hinkie out. Whether he did that effectively is not really relevant to that point. Plus it's only been like a year. Plus JJ is kinda important to their team, which btw is still pretty mediocre at this point. He is 2nd in minutes, 3rd in assists, and 4th in minutes.

I'm out of the Hinkie talk. He might have had the easiest job of any GM ever.

last thing, did Hinkie draft Simmons?

Um, the reason they took Simmons was because they had the #1 pick which was with Hinkie. I'm sure Hinkie would have taken him if he was still on the team. That's a no-brainier. 

Anyways, definitely time to move on........

Booker dropping 34+ on H-Town today.

Archived