2017-2018 NBA GDT: Off the court discussions

11sanchez11

NBA Champions  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Who's The Favorite to Win it All This Year?

• Warriors
    • Cavaliers
    • Someone Else, Somehow?

2 hours ago, Kip Smithers said:

That’s not a bad trade. I wouldn’t do it and we shouldn’t but we could do a lot worse. 

Speaking off the Nets, 2 straight down to buzzer games both where we didn’t any calls. Like how Ibaka wasn’t charged with a foul on that dunk is unbelievable. Dindwiddie is such a good back up PG, but D-lo needs to come back real quick.

I mean, yeah it's not awful but the Nets wouldn't do it unless they lose every game from now until the deadline

Dinwiddie is 24 years old is more than a good back-up, he's a good starter; D'lo is sliding to the 2 when he returns

Also, Carroll is going to be an expiring next year; I hope we can get a playoff team to overpay a late first for him this year though

6 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

I saw that butt whooping from a mile away. We need a rim protector so bad. And like 12 defenders. 

If Brooklyn won't take their 1st round pick back then you can have Gasol.

Cleveland receives:
Marc Gasol
Wayne Selden

Memphis receives:
Iman Shumpert
Channing Frye
Ante Zizic
Brooklyn 2018 1st Round Pick

14 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

If Brooklyn won't take their 1st round pick back then you can have Gasol.

Cleveland receives:
Marc Gasol
Wayne Selden

Memphis receives:
Iman Shumpert
Channing Frye
Ante Zizic
Brooklyn 2018 1st Round Pick

Gasol has not looked good lately. Very slow. I’m not risking that pick for him. He and love would get torched. We need quicker defenders. Not more old guys. 

Just now, sdrawkcab321 said:

Gasol has not looked good lately. Very slow. I’m not risking that pick for him. He and love would get torched. We need quicker defenders. Not more old guys. 

Fine, I'll take your 2018 pick and Miami's 2020 2nd round pick.

I also think Gasol has lost motivation and his defense would pick up on a contending team.

Just now, seminoles1 said:

Solid young player.  Worth getting rid of to get your pick back since you already have Russell and LeVert IMO.

Definitely possible and I don't necessarily disagree

Sean and Kenny have to ask themselves how far they think his development can go though seeing how much he has developed in just ~50 games started for his career so far

I gotta be one of the biggest Dinwiddie guys alive, but c'mon, it's certainly a fully reasonable deal. Cavs would probably get clowned on twitter if they made that trade, tbh.

As a fan though and a rebuilding franchise I definitely think you have to hang onto and value your homegrown talent as much as you can. Super important for the culture. So I get it 

1 minute ago, champ11 said:

I gotta be one of the biggest Dinwiddie guys alive, but c'mon, it's certainly a fully reasonable deal. Cavs would probably get clowned on twitter if they made that trade, tbh.

As a fan though and a rebuilding franchise I definitely think you have to hang onto and value your homegrown talent as much as you can. Super important for the culture. So I get it 

Lol I think we both know that Twitter comments isn't exactly where you find the brightest of the bunch

The deal isn't Dinwiddie for #10 though; in that, the Nets are also giving up Carroll, who they value as an expiring next year and per Woj has been garnering interest from playoff teams for a trade THIS year + the Toronto pick but I don't really care for that aspect of the deal

Not only that, but the Nets would be getting back JR Smith, who doesn't exactly fit the Nets' mantra, as well as become tied up with another $16M for an extra year that Carroll would give them

All for ~#10, which isn't a sure thing to be better than Dinwiddie, but who knows

It'll be interesting to see what happens

And like you alluded to yourself via the Twitter point, people don't even know who Dinwiddie is

If someone suggested that above trade during the first week of the season, they'd get clowned

And that was only a couple of months ago so that's a telling within itself how crazy Dinwiddie's development rate has been

Archived