2017-2018 NBA GDT: Off the court discussions

11sanchez11

NBA Champions  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Who's The Favorite to Win it All This Year?

• Warriors
    • Cavaliers
    • Someone Else, Somehow?

5 minutes ago, bkobow05 said:

And yet here we are...

Simmons does more and plays within himself. Mitchell chucks because he has a green light. Nobody thought highly of Ben Gordon yet Donovan is a worse shooting, more defensive orientated version of him.

3 minutes ago, utley4568 said:

The argument for Mitchell as ROY is that he's Utah's most important player (not true). I think that's why BK said that

ok what you guys aren't understanding is that I'm not arguing that anybody is better or who deserves ROY

I was just addressing the scoring efficiency argument.

I did have to address some of the silly arguments on the way tho.

Just now, 11sanchez11 said:

ok what you guys aren't understanding is that I'm not arguing that anybody is better or who deserves ROY

I was just addressing the scoring efficiency argument.

I did have to address some of the silly arguments on the way tho.

What silly arguments?

Yes, I know he's 21. Age is not what I'm getting at. But...

Player A: 47.0/36.1/87.7, 20.2 PPG, 5.2 RPG, 4.0 APG, 52.9 eFG%, 17.2 PER, 58.1% TS%
Player B: 43.7/33.6/82.8, 20.0 PPG, 3.7 RPG, 3.6 APG, 50.6 eFG%, 16.4 PER, 54.2% TS%

Nobody gives two ****s about Khris Middleton but Donovan Mitchell is the next big thing.

4 minutes ago, utley4568 said:

What silly arguments?

You saying that Gobert was responsible for Utah's run as if the leading scorer of the team, Mitchell, wasn't also very important to it. Also obviously a team is going to be better if their best player is playing (Gobert for Utah and Embiid for 76ers). The 76ers wouldn't be as good of a team if Embiid wasn't playing, same for the Jazz and Gobert.

BK saying Don shoots a lot more three as if Mitchell isn't the only player on their team that can create his own shot and has to force shots because he is by far their best scorer.

BK saying that Mitchell is a chucker even tho he is just efficient as Ben is at at scoring even tho Ben isn't their #1 scorer and has more freedom to not force things. So if Don is a chucker would that mean Ben is just bad at scoring since they have the same efficiency and he does it less often?

And you guys somehow coming away with this that I was arguing for either for their ROY cases.

1 minute ago, 11sanchez11 said:

BK saying Don shoots a lot more three as if Mitchell isn't the only player on their team that can create his own shot and has to force shots because he is by far their best scorer.

Mitchell would shoot no matter what, let's not get it twisted. He could play in Golden State and he's still shoot. He's not a winning player. Gobert makes the difference in Utah, not Mitchell.

1 minute ago, jfinley88 said:

eh too violent lol. 

will not fight my friends amigo @bkobow05

luv u

My man.

Sorry, just don't see Mitchell as this stud player long term. He's maxed already at 21. Don't care what y'all say. I've got no reason to believe he'd ever play any differently.

2 minutes ago, bkobow05 said:

My man.

Sorry, just don't see Mitchell as this stud player long term. He's maxed already at 21. Don't care what y'all say. I've got no reason to believe he'd ever play any differently.

did you see what i said before my ninja edit outta curiosity?

and how dare you.. he hasn't even begun to peak 

12 minutes ago, bkobow05 said:

Yes, I know he's 21. Age is not what I'm getting at. But...

Player A: 47.0/36.1/87.7, 20.2 PPG, 5.2 RPG, 4.0 APG, 52.9 eFG%, 17.2 PER, 58.1% TS%
Player B: 43.7/33.6/82.8, 20.0 PPG, 3.7 RPG, 3.6 APG, 50.6 eFG%, 16.4 PER, 54.2% TS%

Nobody gives two ****s about Khris Middleton but Donovan Mitchell is the next big thing.

I'll keep it to rookie years too.

Player A: 20.1/5.8/5.3/1.5/53 TS%

Player B: 16.7/6.3/6.2/1.9/48 TS%

Player C: 16.0/7.9/7.9/1.7/55 TS%

Points/Assists/Rebounds/Steals/ TS%

And the other two were actually rookies.

Just now, 11sanchez11 said:

I'll keep it to rookie years too.

Player A: 20.1/5.8/5.3/1.5/53 TS%

Player B: 16.7/6.3/6.2/1.9/48 TS%

Player C: 16.0/7.9/7.9/1.7/55 TS%

Points/Assists/Rebounds/Steals/ TS%

And the other two were actually rookies.

A is Tyreke Evans. B is MCW. C is Ben.

Archived