Raiders re-sign DT Johnathan Hankins

RaidersAreOne

1 minute ago, RaidersAreOne said:

I really don't want Ferrell playing all that much inside. He didn't look great doing so last year and I think he's a super capable starter at DE. 

He's somebody that I did see this year and I actually saw and put up some really good film when he would kick inside occasionally

1 minute ago, Jeremy408 said:

yeah thats what I remember hearing. TBH He's actually someone this year I didn't really watch a whole lot of. Sounds like a holdover move I wonder how much it costed

7 TFL in 2019 and only 1 TFL in 2020. Our run defense fell from 8th best in the league to 24th from 2019 to 2020. 

3 minutes ago, Turnobili said:

not super exciting, but i feel like our DL would have collapsed without him last year. sort of have to have him back. he just needs help. hopefully Hurst can play a bigger role and produce.

Guys like Hankins and Morrow played major roles for our defense last year, a defense that was the worst in franchise history. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

7 TFL in 2019 and only 1 TFL in 2020. Our run defense fell from 8th best in the league to 24th from 2019 to 2020. 

oh wow on the tackles for loss. But in terms of the defense there is a lot to blame for why they couldn't stop the run. A lot of missed tackles But yeah that definitely plays a part

4 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Guys like Hankins and Morrow played major roles for our defense last year, a defense that was the worst in franchise history. 

khalil mack won DPOY on a defense that ranked poorly and was dead last in the league in sacks. sometimes good players are part of bad defenses.

Edited by Turnobili
  • Like 1