Raiders re-sign DT Johnathan Hankins

RaidersAreOne

14 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Ted posting a bunch of vids of Hankins making plays last year:

I didn't specifically focus on Hankins much this year With how horrible the Raiders defense was as a whole. But I can't deny the film here. I wonder how much he got

Solid and welcome move. He is an decent and probably just above average run defender. With Tomlinson gone and a bit spenny, this was a no brainer. 

We still need the long term fix to our inside pressure problem to sit next to Hankins. Plus, we could do with drafting a NT for the future to replace him.

No where near done on dline 

• Like 1

The problem this last year inside was Collins being totally incapable of holding the PoA and getting cleaned out, driven back and just abused. Hankins was clearly not the problem IMO and with a capable starter next to him will be really solid I feel. At worst a solid rotational run stopper and a good football IQ guy which is overlooked.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

DT is not gonna be a premium for this team. Tried to tell y’all that about Gus Bradley history. Maybe add another lower level guy but ain’t gonna spend big money on DT

You were right back then and I agreed... albeit still had a hard on for LW... but admitted it was far fetched he’s ever hit the market.

but yeah it’s going to be a deep, rotational DL that uses speed to get pressure and keeping.  We’ll hopefully add in stunts and twists to utilize the speed and versatility of the players.

... but the main source of pressure comes from that Leo in the 9Wide stance.  

not to take any credit from you by any means, moreso to validate furniture... but you don’t rush your weakside DE from 9Wide if that’s not the primary source of your pressure.... you put him out there that wide to help get pressure and use his speed.