Week 7: New York Jets (3-3) @ Miami Dolphins (3-2)

TheKillerNacho

NYJ @ MIA  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• New York Jets
    • Miami Dolphins
  2. 2. How close will the game be?

• Less than 3 point difference
    • 3-7 point difference
    • 8-14 point difference
    • More than 15 point difference
  3. 3. Most fantasy points in this game?

• Jay Cutler
    • Josh McCown
    • Jay Ajayi
    • Matt Forte
    • Bilal Powell
    • Jarvis Landry
    • DeVante Parker
    • Kenny Stills
    • Jermaine Kearse
    • Robby Anderson
    • ArDarius Stewart
    • Julius Thomas
    • Austin Seferain-Jenkins
    • Eric Tomlinson
    • Cody Parkey
    • Chandler Catanzaro
    • Dolphins DST
    • Jets DST
    • Other

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/22/2017 at 05:00 PM

Dolphins-Jets.jpg

Okay boys... I do NOT want to be embarrassed again by this Jets team. If we get embarrassed by them again, at home, I'm officially going to lose it. Thankfully, we may actually have some momentum going into this game with our big second-half comeback win vs Atlanta... and I think our boys and Adam Gase will not overlook this Jets team for a second time.

My prediction:
New York Jets 16
Miami 23

LETS GO DOLPHINS!

I don't like round 2 being so early in the season and before we even play another divisional game. Oh well.

The first game was Miami's worst game of the year so far.. but now we're at home, with a more complete defense, and a marginally improved offense.. as crazy as it seems, a win possibly puts Miami in 1st place in the East.

This is a must win game if we want to make it into the playoffs. In the first game, the offense struggled even getting he snap off. Looking at he first game, the Jets blitzed the heck out of the Dolphins offense. They used the run blitz very effectively. They kept 8 in the box all game, and dared the Phins to throw. On Defense, the Phins got wore down from being on the field all game. This game will be very different. Cutler and the offense is starting to gel. We are going to see the short passing game used to beat the blitz. The Jets will be in a hole because if they don't blitz, Ajayi will run wild. Expect to see Ajayi held to less than 100 yards, and Cutler have his best game this year. 3 TD's through the air, and a couple field goals for the Phins. I think the Jets will score early, but they will fold under he Miami heat. I see a shut out in the second half. Phins 27, Jets 20.

6 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

We just let the Jets march down the field for a TD on the opening possession... Cordea Tankserly gave up the TD. Seriously guys?

Tankersley didn't look bad on that TD coverage.  He was in pretty good position and just missed batting the ball away at the last second.  It was just a really good throw by Mcnown.......who has been much better this year than anyone has anticipated.

What shocked me was the poor play of Timmons on the opening play.  Not sure what caused his misread but he was way out of position.

We need more quick passing from Cutler.  Plays where he is throwing the ball early based off of design and pre snap read have been going well, whereas the plays where we have crossing routes and slow developing routes haven't been so great.  Cutler just holds the ball too long.  It's almost like he refuses to throw it until he has a defender in his face, which is causing his poor mechanics of not squaring up to the receiver and near constantly throwing off his back foot.  He just isn't trusting the routes and / or the receivers, although with all the drops we've had it's hard to blame him.

Two bad cover plays and a stupid pass on your own goal line at the end of the half and 21 points are on the board for the Jets. The offense is looking better and the defense is playing not as good today, go figure. I still think Miami pulls this one out in the second half ( fingers crossed ).

Between Gase and Cutler we have to get the play call out faster.  I'm convinced that 20% of the opposing defensive success is due to our predictable snap count timing.  When the giant clock on the field is on 01, Dlinemen and blitzers know they may as well go.

Archived