In season news and notes

pwny

1 hour ago, .Buzz said:

This is strange for a player (especially one on a contract year) to be this open about this kind of thing.

Can’t decide whether it means he wants to stay here or if he’s using it to audition for other teams...

13 minutes ago, iPwn said:

This is strange for a player (especially one on a contract year) to be this open about this kind of thing.

Can’t decide whether it means he wants to stay here or if he’s using it to audition for other teams...

Personally, I'll take it as a positive.

8 hours ago, VLoo said:

This one seems surprising to me

8 hours ago, .Buzz said:

I mean, Fournette/Ivory have had their fair share of explosive runs. Fournette hasn't broke in big ones (Ivory either), but they've both had plenty in that 11-12 range.

Still, not sure how the passing game has had enough to put us in that conversation. Definitely a head scratcher.

We've had some pretty bigtime explosive plays downfield from Bortles when he's taken those deep shots in his "good games" London, Colts in particular.  I think just having some of those blowout games probably pads out that particular stat.  And as per that other stat, we're off to a crazy start in terms of those blowout games.

We've got this sorta rope a dope thing going on offense.  Grind grind grind BOOM big play. Grind grind grind.  Repeat.  So i can see how we'd maybe end up there.

Does seem weird on the surface though.  It's not like we've got this dominant dynamic offense that you'd envision with a stat like that.

35 minutes ago, .Buzz said:
Campbell really has seemed to have a massive impact on him. The quote of him saying how he doesnt want to disappoint Calais is telling.

I said it before Marks, and Odrick were guys in the locker room they never really took younger players under their wing because they considered Dante and Yannick as competition. Odrick was a key focus of particular players that Marrone wanted to remove from the locker room because he was said to be a player who would ask why players had to do this or do that.. or he would complain about practices or drills. So it was Odrick more than Marks I just didn't see Marks as a guy to show younger players how to be pro's Marks was still a good guy and did a lot of good things in the community. Campbell knows he is a great player in his own right and he just wants to teach the younger players how to watch film, how to prep their body for a long season.. this is the leadership Coughlin removed and replaced. 

I truly believe Campbell may have been Dante's saving grace because Dante was about to fall into a downward spiral. He was about to be another Quentin Copples, Courtney Brown, Vernon Gholston, Derrick Harvey.. and the list goes on. Now he sees what hard work looks like and he is applying it to his habits, another reason I said Campbell was going to be worth every penny regardless if he put the numbers in which he has. If it was week 16 and told me Campbell had 10 sacks I'd say that was a fine season but he has 9 games remaining and could possibly even with age staying healthy give you at least 2 more solid years. I easily take whatever he gives us to finish the season and 15-18 sacks over the next 2 years. I'm glad Dante is no longer wasting his talent like so many do and who knows maybe Dante becomes a long time Jag and he is paying the things Campbell taught him to an up and coming Jags DE 4-5yrs down the line. Thats how you create a winning culture when the older guys are showing the younger guys how to grind and its a recurring cycle this may mark the period where this team has sustained success for a long period of time.

Archived