In season news and notes

pwny

currently they:

Lead the league in rushing

Lead the league in sacks

Lead the league in interceptions

Lead the league in fumbles forced

[fun fact - no team in NFL history has led the league in the trio of sacks, INTs and total turnovers. Through 7 games, the the Jaguars lead all 3]

Have the #1 and #2 ranked CBs in passer rating against

Allow 4.2 yards per PASS play

and are

2nd in the NFL in points allowed

6th in the NFL in yards allowed

9th in offensive points

10th in offensive yards

6th in the NFL in big plays on offense

And are the first team in a decade [the last being the 18-1 Patriots] to have 4 blowout wins in the first 7 weeks of a season.

24 minutes ago, iPwn said:

currently they:

Lead the league in rushing

Lead the league in sacks

Lead the league in interceptions

Lead the league in fumbles forced

[fun fact - no team in NFL history has led the league in the trio of sacks, INTs and total turnovers. Through 7 games, the the Jaguars lead all 3]

Have the #1 and #2 ranked CBs in passer rating against

Allow 4.2 yards per PASS play

and are

2nd in the NFL in points allowed

6th in the NFL in yards allowed

9th in offensive points

10th in offensive yards

6th in the NFL in big plays on offense

And are the first team in a decade [the last being the 18-1 Patriots] to have 4 blowout wins in the first 7 weeks of a season.

Kind of annoyed that because that thread has started people assume everyone thinks we can make the playoffs/go far in there. Not sure anyone is saying that. It's obvious our QB play is/will hinder us from going as far as everyone wants barring consistent IND/BAL type games from him.

17 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Not sure anyone is saying that

Well....there might be one.

But yeah, I’m just saying if this team finds the consistency they would need to find to make the playoffs, they’ll have figured something out to the point that they’ll be a tough out for whoever they face due to their ability to impact the passing game and create turnovers. Doesn’t even mean I think they’ll find that consistency, but that if the consistency is there to get to the playoffs, that means something went right and they’ll be good enough offensively to win games. The defense then will at least allow them to play close with whoever they face.

I mean who is going to run wild on us and not need to use their passing game in the AFC? The Chiefs and Titans? Aside from that, we match up decently with most potential playoff teams because of how much they rely on the pass to set up the rest of their offense and how much we can impact the passing game defensively.

Again, doesn’t mean we’ll make the playoffs. Doesn’t mean we’ll win. But if we get in, we’ll be consistent enough that I’m confident they can at least play close games with most anybody who they face.

On 10/27/2017 at 12:24 PM, iPwn said:

Well....there might be one.

But yeah, I’m just saying if this team finds the consistency they would need to find to make the playoffs, they’ll have figured something out to the point that they’ll be a tough out for whoever they face due to their ability to impact the passing game and create turnovers. Doesn’t even mean I think they’ll find that consistency, but that if the consistency is there to get to the playoffs, that means something went right and they’ll be good enough offensively to win games. The defense then will at least allow them to play close with whoever they face.

I mean who is going to run wild on us and not need to use their passing game in the AFC? The Chiefs and Titans? Aside from that, we match up decently with most potential playoff teams because of how much they rely on the pass to set up the rest of their offense and how much we can impact the passing game defensively.

Again, doesn’t mean we’ll make the playoffs. Doesn’t mean we’ll win. But if we get in, we’ll be consistent enough that I’m confident they can at least play close games with most anybody who they face.

i would still say the steelers can lean hard run or the can lean hard pass. i think they learned u dont challenge our secondary. 

On 10/29/2017 at 7:14 AM, LinderFournette said:

i would still say the steelers can lean hard run or the can lean hard pass. i think they learned u dont challenge our secondary. 

The Steelers use the pass to set up the run. The effectiveness of Bell’s running style is predicated on the passing game. Bell isn’t efficient unless Ben is. Hence why Bell averaged 3.1 against us.

Archived